John Idzik

Tinstar

This Jet fan want to extent a Huuuuuuuuuuuuge thank you to our former General Manager who was instrumental in allowing all that has gone on over the past 3 days to occur. Had this man spend our cap money on scrub players like DRC and the like because of all the pressure he was under, the Franchise would not now be in the position that it finds itself in.

Where would the money have come from to sign Revis and Skrine . To add  Carpenter to the OL and bring in a player like Fitzpatrick to compete at the QB position ?

Finally, I want to thank you Mr Idzik for falling on the sword and allowing us to rid this franchise of that fraud of a HC Wrecks Ryan who should have been fired 3 yrs ago after the fiasco in Miami with Santonio Holmes.

Mr Idzik I want you to know that your sacrifice was much appreciated and will never be forgotten by this Jet fan.

Thank you Sir.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially thanks for not signing Revis and Cro last year for cheaper than what we had to pay for them this year.  That Revis decision was SWEET!  By letting NE get another SB ring, Idzik really did great things for this team.

Especially thanks for not signing Revis and Cro last year for cheaper than what we had to pay for them this year.  That Revis decision was SWEET!  By letting NE get another SB ring, Idzik really did great things for this team.

exactly.

Idzik was the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise.  Cost us in so many ways including the loss of one of the best coaches we've ever had.

This Jet fan want to extent a Huuuuuuuuuuuuge thank you to our former General Manager who was instrumental in allowing all that has gone on over the past 3 days to occur. Had this man spend our cap money on scrub players like DRC and the like because of all the pressure he was under, the Franchise would not now be in the position that it finds itself in.

Where would the money have come from to sign Revis and Skrine . To add  Carpenter to the OL and bring in a player like Fitzpatrick to compete at the QB position ?

Finally, I want to thank you Mr Idzik for falling on the sword and allowing us to rid this franchise of that fraud of a HC Wrecks Ryan who should have been fired 3 yrs ago after the fiasco in Miami with Santonio Holmes.

Mr Idzik I want you to know that your sacrifice was much appreciated and will never be forgotten by this Jet fan.

Thank you Sir.

While I didn't like Idzik and many of the things he did, the one thing I will credit him for is cleaning up our cap. He let guys like Landry, Keller, Slauson and the like go to FA when Rex's loyalty would have kept them all here if it was Tanny at the GM spot. He arrived when the Jets were in cap hell. Many people seem to forget that. We were log jammed and he made many tough decisions. What his decisions led to was a bunch of freed up money and 12 draft picks. It was perfectly executed. His problem was that he didn't have an eye for talent and blew one of the bigger opportunities this franchise has had to revamp the team. 40 mil and 12 picks. Crazy that he did almost nothing outside of Decker.

And  if he would have signed Revis right back from the bucs after finding Sheldon he would have been seen as a genuis.  Too bad really.

While I didn't like Idzik and many of the things he did, the one thing I will credit him for is cleaning up our cap. He let guys like Landry, Keller, Slauson and the like go to FA when Rex's loyalty would have kept them all here if it was Tanny at the GM spot. He arrived when the Jets were in cap hell. Many people seem to forget that. We were log jammed and he made many tough decisions. What his decisions led to was a bunch of freed up money and 12 draft picks. It was perfectly executed. His problem was that he didn't have an eye for talent and blew one of the bigger opportunities this franchise has had to revamp the team. 40 mil and 12 picks. Crazy that he did almost nothing outside of Decker.

And  if he would have signed Revis right back from the bucs after finding Sheldon he would have been seen as a genuis.  Too bad really.

That "cap hell" was nonsense.  All Idzik did was execute the plan that Mike T had set up.  Tanny said as much in an interview shortly after being fired.

The Idzik era was a catastrophe. 

That "cap hell" was nonsense.  All Idzik did was execute the plan that Mike T had set up.  Tanny said as much in an interview shortly after being fired.

The Idzik era was a catastrophe. 

Tanny said he had a plan in an interview AFTER he was fired? Good stuff.

Yes I'm sure Tannenbaum left his planner on the desk for Idzy. 

Tanny said he had a plan in an interview AFTER he was fired? Good stuff.

Yes I'm sure Tannenbaum left his planner on the desk for Idzy. 

It wasn't anything complicated.  Most Jet fans on this site talked about the moves that needed to be made to fix the cap - all of which Idzik wound up doing.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but he was way too miserly and deliberate to be a GM.  We need someone with some balls in there.

Don't you think that if Woody Johnson wanted Revis  back last year like he did this yr for a HC he forced Idzik  to work with, Revis would not have been here?  Everybody knows Rex wanted Revis back.  How on earth did John Idzik   managed to keep Revis away from Rex and Woody all by himself ?

Don't you think that if Woody Johnson wanted Revis  back last year like he did this yr for a HC he forced Idzik  to work with, Revis would not have been here?  Everybody knows Rex wanted Revis back.  How on earth did John Idzik   managed to keep Revis away from Rex and Woody all by himself ?

If he did not make the call on Revis, what makes think he made any of the calls you are praising him for? T0mShane

Woody even said himself that had he thought he could get Revis for 12 mil they may have done it...  that implies he never even knew the asking price.  Why do you think that is?

Thank you Sir.

And if he didn't pull off his COUP, we'd have 7.1M more, and a 4th round pick.

It wasn't anything complicated.  Most Jet fans on this site talked about the moves that needed to be made to fix the cap - all of which Idzik wound up doing.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but he was way too miserly and deliberate to be a GM.  We need someone with some balls in there.

I agree that we are better off with the fellas we have now and I did not like many of the things Idzik did. but to deny that plan he had to clean the cap (which Tanny never did) and get 12 picks was impressive. Especially the year before having two number 1's. His problems were

1. No eye for talent

2. No real negotiating skills

3. His plan to seemingly ruin Rex and get him out of here wasted a year and got his own head chopped off.

Say what you want about him but he did some really impressive things including the Sheldon pick.

I think it was left to Idzik to follow his plan. He had no interest in bringing Revis back. I could be wrong but I think it's that simple.

Jeesh. Idzik signed Reed while Rex was still masterbating in the bathroom. He had control man. 

I'm sure if Woody WANTED Revis he would have gotten him of course, but it was left to Idzik like everything else.  I'm giving him credit for what he deserves and blame in the same way.

Woody even said himself that had he thought he could get Revis for 12 mil they may have done it...  that implies he never even knew the asking price.  Why do you think that is?

And some team offered Chip Kelly a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford .  

Archived