John Idzik

Tinstar

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for kicks, how different do you think this Jets offseason would have gone if Idzik was still GM?

We'd have wiffed on anyone good, signed second and third tier FA's to cap friendly deals, and be sitting on about 70M in cap space. ALso, he probably would've kept harvin somehow to validate the wasted trade

We'd have wiffed on anyone good, signed second and third tier FA's to cap friendly deals, and be sitting on about 70M in cap space. ALso, he probably would've kept harvin somehow to validate the wasted trade

We'd be talking about how Revis sucks anyway because he'd still be a Pat. 

Idzik is the Rich Kotite of NFL general managers. He was truly awful at his job even though there may be a silver lining somewhere. With Kotite, it was the fact that he let a little white kid from Hofstra play on the field named Wayne Chrebet. With Idzik, he made some cap room though I think the nfl salary cap increasing by 15% and some contracts coming off the books like Sanchez and Tone helped him out.

wow.

I never invisioned a "Defend Idzik... He's the man!!!!" crowd. Seriously baffling. This complete waste of space was one of the worst disasters in this team's recent history. Perhaps Woody's biggest whiff. Yet, there's clearly a small contingent bent on re-writing history to show us all how gosh-darn-awesome that drooling idiot was. Craziness. I guess all that's left to do is to tell the Idzikologists.....

#HITCHHIKE

wow.

I never invisioned a "Defend Idzik... He's the man!!!!" crowd. Seriously baffling. This complete waste of space was one of the worst disasters in this team's recent history. Perhaps Woody's biggest whiff. Yet, there's clearly a small contingent bent on re-writing history to show us all how gosh-darn-awesome that drooling idiot was. Craziness. I guess all that's left to do is to tell the Idzikologists.....

#HITCHHIKE

They're just a bunch of homers who agreed with a lot of his moves like signing D'Mitri Patterson and Michael Vick. Idzik was actually a very popular gm among the fans up until week 4 last season when it became obvious he had no idea what he was doing and a 5th grader could have made a better roster

wow.

#HITCHHIKE

Isn't it amazing?  He was fired after 2 miserable years.  His plan was so bad that people genuinely speculate if he was trying to lose on purpose to get Rex fired and he will never get a GM job again.  There are idiots who seriously think they have a legitimate case that he was great.  Then you start throwing facts at them and the thread degenerates the way this one has.

They're just a bunch of homers who agreed with a lot of his moves like signing D'Mitri Patterson and Michael Vick. Idzik was actually a very popular gm among the fans up until week 4 last season when it became obvious he had no idea what he was doing and a 5th grader could have made a better roster

It's funny because if the guy was the slightest bit charismatic or gregarious like Rex, I could understand people being woo-ed by his personality.  But his press conference last year was so hilarious and when you couple that with his horrific record on personnel, it makes it even more sad and scary that anyone could still be on board with his 15 year "plan".  

It's funny because if the guy was the slightest bit charismatic or gregarious like Rex, I could understand people being woo-ed by his personality. But his press conference last year was so hilarious and when you couple that with his horrific record on personnel, it makes it even more sad and scary that anyone could still be on board with his 15 year "plan".

Idzik and Rex would both still be here if they had forgotten about the stupid dog killer and signed Revis and Desean Jackson last off-season.

As bad as Idzik personnel evaluation was he'd still be the gm if he'd just made those two moves. We probably go 8-8 or 9-7 last year and compete for a wildcard up until week 15 or 16 and Woody is probably pleased with that.

Patriots also don't win last season's Super Bowl btw.

Archived