Bring Back Fireman Ed

Make me idSICK

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of things to say to you but Max gets angry if I speak my mind to you and so you are scary to me and so I will avoid you.

SAR I

Trust me, I have even more to say to you,and it would be more than a little embarrassing to you. I went and archived my JI pms from back in the day with some interesting stuff before the change over there. Count yourself lucky that I am a better man than that.....so far.

And you are an opportunist looking for a cause. And you picked the wrong one this time.

SAR I

That is one way of looking at it... You are entitled to your opinion. But for every 1 of you there are 4 people who appreciate my effort in trying to make a difference, so I am undeterred.

Trust me, I have even more to say to you,and it would be more than a little embarrassing to you. I went and archived my JI pms from back in the day with some interesting stuff before the change over there. Count yourself lucky that I am a better man than that.....so far.

You are scary to me.  Will not respond.

SAR I

Anyway - in the interest of practicing what I preach, the point of the petition is to help unite the majority of Jets fans and not get in to these pissing matches. I am not going to reply to anymore of Sar's nonsense and he is welcome at my tailgate anytime... Come drink some beers and celebrate an Idzik/Rex-free 2015 with me... I park right next to the Tailgate Joe setup.

That is one way of looking at it... You are entitled to your opinion. But for every 1 of you there are 4 people who appreciate my effort in trying to make a difference, so I am undeterred.

Where are you getting these datapoints from?

If there are 2 million Jets fans out there and you've got 3,000 votes on a petition during the peak week of publicity and 10 fans on JN and 5 listeners to a podcast that's not "4 out of 5 Jets fans want Ed back!".  That's a terribly small amount of people who care enough about the issue to even bother to find a website and click to vote.

The Idzik stuff was fantastic.  I was your biggest fan.  Now I'm not.  Don't let this happen to you just because you're anxious to be in the public eye again.  And that's what's going on here really, isn't it?  You don't care about Ed.  We've got a couple of opportunists looking for a buck because the Jets made a splash in free agency.  Proof?  If Maccagnan were silent with his checkbook this whole Ed schtick never happens.

SAR I

Anyway - in the interest of practicing what I preech, the point of the petition is to help unite the majority of Jets fans and not get in to these pissing matches. I am not going to reply to anymore of Sar's nonsense and he is welcome at my tailgate anytime... Come drink some beers and celebrate an Idzik/Rex-free 2015 with me... I park right next to the Tailgate Joe setup.

Thanks for the invite and I will be there in September.  Despite your Ed mistake the Idzik/Ryan stuff was brilliant and I owe you one.  As long as you don't have a hot tub we'll be cool.

SAR I

So if 3,000 voted "yes", how many voted "no"?

If it's 5,000 you are SOL.

If it's 100, you're on to something.

So if 3,000 voted "yes", how many voted "no"?

If it's 5,000 you are SOL.

If it's 100, you're on to something.

The Daily News had an impartial vote on their site and Yes got 80% of the vote... There is one forum full of nutjobs and about 25 people who have relentlessly attacked me on this issue... There are 3288 signatures on the petition and countless numbers of emails, tweets and facebook messages of support. I know what my experience is because I am living it.. These campaigns go nowhere without a heavy majority support. We had it in the Idzik campaign and we have it even more on this one. Listening to anybody else's speculation on how they THINK it breaks down is nothing more than that - pure speculation. You have the source of this talking directly to you.

And Sar - I promise no hot tubs... I will even bring you a bottle of your favorite booze and toast with you to the start of a new era.

And Sar - I promise no hot tubs... I will even bring you a bottle of your favorite booze and toast with you to the start of a new era.

DSC01945_zpsiiwp2f59.jpg

Excellent, thanks.  Captain Morgan and Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi please.

SAR I

Ha... I would think a man of your stature would drink something a little more upscale! I am gettig off cheap! Lol

Pennington drove me to drink, you can see him mocking me there.

The glass I got from Shell gasoline in 1972 brings me comfort though.

What lot is your tailgate in?

SAR I

Anyway - in the interest of practicing what I preach, the point of the petition is to help unite the majority of Jets fans and not get in to these pissing matches. I am not going to reply to anymore of Sar's nonsense and he is welcome at my tailgate anytime... Come drink some beers and celebrate an Idzik/Rex-free 2015 with me... I park right next to the Tailgate Joe setup.

I said it before and I'll say it again, you're always welcome to stop by L7

S

JETS JETS JETS

That is it. This is settled, I am the new Fireman Ed.

Ed when you read this, you had a good run. But we live in a digital age. I am just better equipped to meet the needs of the internet based Jets fan. :)

I feel bad for the shoulders you're standing on!

The Daily News poll doesn't show how many people voted. It also allows you to vote multiple times. It's completely invalid as a result.

I'm not trying to minimize your accomplishments. I am just telling you as the voice of 82,500 Jets season ticket and PSL holders that all the positive equity you built among the fanbase last year with the Idzik ouster is going down the drain every day you hold onto this Fireman Ed "cause". Love Ed or hate Ed, we don't need him. We don't need someone leading a chant every time we score. If we did, Ed wouldn't have left due to feeling insignificant. If it did, one of the candidates last year would have a huge following.

It's 2015. A huge percentage of fans in stadiums are rooting for the other team. Fan based chants in huge NFL stadiums were never a big thing and now they're dead. You want to be taken seriously when the next big Jets issue arises, you have great cred off of the Fire Idzik thing, let this go. Trust me.

SAR I

Your logic presumes that every one of the 80k fans that should attend 8 games whose opinion you are valuing are also people that viewed the Daily News website AND voted in a span of about a week, tops.

You're putting on a clinic in flawed logic. You cannot draw a conclusion that correlates ticket holder sentiment with a web poll, without visibility into the web traffic and/or knowing if ticket holders specifically were targeted in a campaign capacity.

The poll measures nothing more than Daily News online readership sentiment from about 3% of their site traffic, which is a high estimate for how many users actually voted relative to views.

In other words, find a better way to prop up your agenda.

I'm a PSL holder. I can't attend every game. I'm trying to sell my tickets to loyal Jets fans so I price them properly on Stubhub. But no Jets fans buy them. Because they don't care. Apparently there are more passionate Dolphins fans in New York than Jets fans who aren't season ticket holders.

SAR I

If you were a bigger fan you wouldn't sell your seats. The jets are more important than family events.

I have a lot of things to say to you but Max gets angry if I speak my mind to you and so you are scary to me and so I will avoid you.

SAR I

I got annoyed when you lied about Joe. But lets not let facts get in the way.

Agreed, but it's a true story.  I've interacted with Ed at least 6 times and it's always the same.  He's an average fan who wants to be a celebrity and therefore you expect him to act like an average fan but he instead acts like a celebrity.

SAR I

Just judging by your interactions here in this thread, maybe the problem isn't Ed wanting to be a celebrity but more you were probably a dick to him during those 6 interactions.  It seems to be your thing.

Archived