Lets trade for Foles if MM is on the board

prime21

The past few weeks these boards have been flooded with talk of us trading with Philly and getting Foles plus #20 and more picks.  Although the Rams are happy to get Foles for their injury prone QB, I'm not certain they are not looking at Mariota too.  Although Fisher could care less about media attention, the owner may love the Mariota attention especially as he is looking for a new stadium.

This doesn't mean they would wait to see if he drops to #6.  If they really want him they could offer Foles to Tennessee or even Washington.  But if he is available at #6 I would trade picks and take Foles.  Anything else included in the deal is just a bonus.  I would even take this deal over an offer from Cleveland and their two #1's.

We don't need a WR in the 1st round but imagine if we come out of the 1st round with Foles and Cooper or White (with the 10th pick)?

I don't see anyone trading up for MM.

I keep going back and forth on this.  My eyes tell me he's not worth the gamble at six.  However, all the experts and analstys keep saying he's possibly "years away" from being ready but he's going to be a fantastic QB when the time comes.  If another team agrees, they'll trade up to grab him before six.  Franchise QB's are tough to find...if the experts and former QB's say he's gonna' be the man, I guess there's just something I'm not seeing.

From what I gathered on NFL network last night, Mariota stunk up the joint in his pro day. Isn't a terrible pro day what  made scouts go back and really study Geno's game tapes much closer and eventually sent him from possible #1 pick  to where we took him in Rd2?

Maybe the Rams are the team that loves Mariota and wants to make the trade with the Jets or The Redskins. I could see that happening more than the Eagles at 20. I still can't believe that Chip wants Bradford. I still think the Redskins would take Mariota or trade with the Rams if the Rams wanted Mariota, IF being the key word.

From what I gathered on NFL network last night, Mariota stunk up the joint in his pro day. Isn't a terrible pro day what  made scouts go back and really study Geno's game tapes much closer and eventually sent him from possible #1 pick  to where we took him in Rd2?

It's why Bridgewater dropped also. What I didn't like about Mariota's press conference was he said he was really nervous at the beginning of the Pro day workout. I compare that to Winston who I am not all that high on but I like Winstons Confidence and belief in his abilities as I think the mental aspect plays a huge part in the success of a QB. I don't want a nervous jumpy QB we had enough of those.

That's such a nonsense draft-media-crank hedge, though.

That is true...could be a bunch of people who are scared to be wrong one way or the other.  I'm not even saying he won't be good at some point, my thing is that when I watch him right now as he is, there are a lot of things you want to see in an NFL QB that you don't see from him.  If a guy is gonna be the number six pick, you shouldn't have to watch him make 50-60 throws before you see one that looks NFL worthy.  I've only seen a couple from him.  Some people seem blown away by the fact that he can throw to guys who aren't being covered....how much of that is he going to see in the NFL?

It's why Bridgewater dropped also. What I didn't like about Mariota's press conference was he said he was really nervous at the beginning of the Pro day workout. I compare that to Winston who I am not all that high on but I like Winstons Confidence and belief in his abilities as I think the mental aspect plays a huge part in the success of a QB. I don't want a nervous jumpy QB we had enough of those.

Great points. A pro day is a controlled element. You are playing on a field that you have lived on for 3-4 years, throwing to your teammates. If anything, you should be too relaxed. 

The past few weeks these boards have been flooded with talk of us trading with Philly and getting Foles plus #20 and more picks.  Although the Rams are happy to get Foles for their injury prone QB, I'm not certain they are not looking at Mariota too.  Although Fisher could care less about media attention, the owner may love the Mariota attention especially as he is looking for a new stadium.

This doesn't mean they would wait to see if he drops to #6.  If they really want him they could offer Foles to Tennessee or even Washington.  But if he is available at #6 I would trade picks and take Foles.  Anything else included in the deal is just a bonus.  I would even take this deal over an offer from Cleveland and their two #1's.

We don't need a WR in the 1st round but imagine if we come out of the 1st round with Foles and Cooper or White (with the 10th pick)?

maybe the Rams are the ones who want to trade up?  MMariota does not sen like a guy Fisher would want, though

Are guys serious?

You can tell he's not very good from watching him throw a few passes?

Oh, by the way Sanchez blew Rex & Tannenbaum away, lol.

Bridgewater was TERRIBLE at his pro day but he's better than anyone on our roster right now.

If MM is on the board, I say we draft him,......put him on the sideline and make the kid learn......Fitz could start, but I do believe we need a good running game and then with this D...watch out

Foley their #10 and their 2nd

On the traditional draft value chart, the drop down from 6 (1600) to 10 (1300) is the equivalent of pick #60 (#28 in round 2). Right now the Rams have pick # 41 (#9 in round 2: chart value 490). They also have #8 in round 3 (chart value: 230). SO I guess Foles and their 3rd would be technically consistent with the chart. All depends on how much everyone thinks Foles is worth. 

Evidently, Chip Kelly felt that Foles wasn't worth dog poop, judging how much he gave the Rams in addition to Foles in order to get Bradford. I wonder why? 

Ideally the same thing would happen this year and Mariota falls to our second pick. It won't though. 

If the Rams want to trade up to grab Mariota, they should just do it without trading Foles away. It seems the whole planet is saying Mariota should be holding a clipboard for a year anyway.

So give the Rams #6 and Geno Smith for Foles, #10 and their 3rd round pick.

Mac it happen Mac!  

On the traditional draft value chart, the drop down from 6 (1600) to 10 (1300) is the equivalent of pick #60 (#28 in round 2). Right now the Rams have pick # 41 (#9 in round 2: chart value 490). They also have #8 in round 3 (chart value: 230). SO I guess Foles and their 3rd would be technically consistent with the chart. All depends on how much everyone thinks Foles is worth. 

Evidently, Chip Kelly felt that Foles wasn't worth dog poop, judging how much he gave the Rams in addition to Foles in order to get Bradford. I wonder why? 

That would help us in negotiations with the Rams that they have an extra pick and the fact that Bradford is considered the better QB and we are trading for the :"lesser one"

I dont see Foles as long term Franchise Guy. We have a Vet in Fitz now who will better game manager than Geno on day One due to knowing Chans system coupled with  a Killer D that will only need 17-23 pts a game to get double digit Ws.

Lets just focus on Geno/Fitz/Simms and draft a potential long term franchise QB in either mariota or a guy the Jets secretly love in war Room and plan on getting in Rounds 2 thru 4. At this point I see no reaosn to not have faith in new GM mac and ALSO his NEW team of scouts/personnel guys............... 

So give the Rams #6 and Geno Smith for Foles, #10 and their 3rd round pick.

Mac it happen Mac!

No one is trading for Geno Smith. The trade proposal you outlined weighs Geno Smith between a mid-3rd and a mid-4th rounder (depending on how highly one values Foles). Ain't happening.

Also we have a stopgap QB now. We could just draft someone now that doesn't need to get thrown in right away. This was something Foles offered (instant starter), but now isn't needed. Not unless one believes Foles to be such the franchise QB that we need not even look in the draft. And if he is that valuable he's surely worth a high 3rd round pick; but if he's valued at a high 3rd, then your trade puts Geno's trade value at a mid-low 3rd.

If we could get that value for Smith - around pick 90 (+/-5 slots) - he'd have been traded already.

No one is trading for Geno Smith. The trade proposal you outlined weighs Geno Smith between a mid-3rd and a mid-4th rounder (depending on how highly one values Foles). Ain't happening.Also we have a stopgap QB now. We could just draft someone now that doesn't need to get thrown in right away. This was something Foles offered (instant starter), but now isn't needed. Not unless one believes Foles to be such the franchise QB that we need not even look in the draft. And if he is that valuable he's surely worth a high 3rd round pick; but if he's valued at a high 3rd, then your trade puts Geno's trade value at a mid-low 3rd.If we could get that value for Smith - around pick 90 (+/-5 slots) - he'd have been traded already.

LOL. I was joking about Geno in the trade. Geno isn't worth a warm six pack of Budweiser. I thought the sarcasm would be obvious.

Seriously, I don't think Foles is the franchise QB we are looking for. But I do think having him would give Mac more time to find that elusive QB in the upcoming 2015 and 2016 drafts. As I said in an earlier post, if the Rams have a massive hard-on for Mariotta, and if Mariotta is there at #6, I would swap the 6 for their 10, Foles and their third round pick. But I'd bargain hard for their 2nd.

LOL. I was joking about Geno in the trade. Geno isn't worth a warm six pack of Budweiser. I thought the sarcasm would be obvious.

Seriously, I don't think Foles is the franchise QB we are looking for. But I do think having him would give Mac more time to find that elusive QB in the upcoming 2015 and 2016 drafts. As I said in an earlier post, if the Rams have a massive hard-won for Mariotta, and if Mariotta is there at #6, I would swap the 6 for their 10, Foles and their third round pick. But I'd bargain hard for their 2nd.

We wouldn't get anywhere near that, though. I know teams don't necessarily adhere to pick value charts, but:

1(6) = 1600

1(10) = 1300

3(10) = 220

You're giving Foles the value of the 11th pick in round 4 (80 "points"). He has plenty more value than that.

Their 2nd rounder is pick 2(9), worth 490. So we'd be giving 1600 and they'd be giving 1790 plus Foles. 

Neither scenario is happening. Anyone who wants Foles that much would simply leapfrog us since they're already giving up more value than the 6th pick.

I'd be intrigued by a trade with the Eagles for Bradford and 2 first rounders and more picks but i dont think id do it. But if i did I'd draft Melvin Gordon at #20 if hes there. And if Mariota is a bust the eagles 2016 first rounder we would  get could be a high pick. 2 1st rounders in 2016 would be awesome but Bradfords such a gamble when healthy hes good but problem is hes never healthy

I'd be intrigued by a trade with the Eagles for Bradford and 2 first rounders and more picks but i dont think id do it. But if i did I'd draft Melvin Gordon at #20 if hes there. And if Mariota is a bust the eagles 2016 first rounder we would  get could be a high pick. 2 1st rounders in 2016 would be awesome but Bradfords such a gamble when healthy hes good but problem is hes never healthy

Chip Kelly just got through telling the whole world about how he turned down a 1st round pick for Bradford and how he wouldn't trade away the team like that just for a chance to draft a different QB.

He's now going to give us the value of that 1st round pick he claims to have turned down, plus two more 1st round picks, plus "more picks"? 

Archived