RB situation Ivory Powell and who?

joewilly12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free agency or draft who could we be targeting.

Whilst warming lunch in breakroom, I put NFL Network on the display and it had bit about 'one of deepest RB drafts in years' 2 guys in 1st round, several in 2nd/3rd. If Jets dont go Mariota  we may draft a stud RB or do a trade down w/Browns/eagles and use one of the picks on a stud young RB that can catch the ball out of backfield as one his skill-sets.

I really think Ivory will do well getting the majority of the carries.  I love the way he runs - he looks to punish tacklers!  Definitely could use another back to come out of the backfield and catch some passes other than Powell though.

ya, hence my previous post,,we need a safety valve/3rd down RB w/pass skills

We missed out on Spiller (NOS) and McFadden (DAL) which is disappointing, as I saw both as quality COP backs for our new system.

At this point, I'm all in on David Johnson in the 3rd. 

Question for you?? If MM and Bowles didn't even consider getting Spiller how did we miss out on him?? Or did you mean the all knowing fans missed out on him because the fans always know more then the FO?? :blink:

Question for you?? If MM and Bowles didn't even consider getting Spiller how did we miss out on him?? Or did you mean the all knowing fans missed out on him because the fans always know more then the FO?? :blink:

If we dont end up signing Spiller with his former HC/OC with us now, I think Savage is on to something ;)

I'm not sure what you're asking here. It's clear, even to a half-wit, that i used that language because I obviously sport an affinity for both backs. You in the mood for an e-argument, or what? the use of "missed out" is worth making a sweeping generalization about the "all knowing fan"?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. It's clear, even to a half-wit, that i used that language because I obviously sport an affinity for both backs. You in the mood for an e-argument, or what? the use of "missed out" is worth making a sweeping generalization about the "all knowing fan"?

I think Savage was just saying if Gailey passed, then Jets felt Spiller is washed up to the point per money he was asking

"Missed Out" implies we had desire, and tried to acquire, and failed.

"Passed on" implies we lacked interest and didn't try to acquire.

For Spiller, "passed on" would be the appropriate terms to use.

Nothing wrong with using the right terms, right?

I think Savage was just saying if Gailey passed, then Jets felt Spiller is washed up to the point per money he was asking

I know. I'm not under the illusion that they "forgot" Spiller was FA. Management decided to go in a different direction. I'm a little disappointed, but i still respect the decision.

I know. I'm not under the illusion that they "forgot" Spiller was FA. Management decided to go in a different direction. I'm a little disappointed, but i still respect the decision.

I actually also felt he would be a good fit,, what it tells me is they have their eye on a RB in draft they REALLY like...

First off I'm not used to you posting about positions other then the TE..LOL  However if you have a affinity for those backs didn't you miss out?? Or is it MM's fault for not listening to you?? I don't have the talent to be the GM but I do realize I'm in the minority there.. However I'm really happy with what MM has done so far and I'm sure he will address the missed position in the draft.. :winking0001:

"Missed Out" implies we had desire, and tried to acquire, and failed.

"Passed on" implies we lacked interest and didn't try to acquire.

For Spiller, "passed on" would be the appropriate terms to use.

Nothing wrong with using the right terms, right?

No, I don't work for the Jets. "We" is term many human beings use to express the universal collective, in this case, applied to the team I follow. 

We IMO missed out on Spiller and co. That's how i feel. I also felt we made a mistake drafting Sanchez when it happened. That was something I felt. 

It's the not the end of world. I'll get over it. I hope you guys can get over the use of the english language in contemporary conversation. 

Archived