A Dolphin fan thinks they are are dwarfing Jets in Free Agency.

DrownTheJets

Well I actually came here to learn about what you guys are looking at on your own team from a Jets fan perspective.

I didn't come here just to brag about Miami. But if you guys want to talk about them. At least we are making moves necessary to knock the Pats off their pedestal.

Any analyst or insider would tell you the same that the Dolphins have the best chance of unseating the Patriots based on team strength in the AEAST.

What the hell can you brag about? Getting torched by Geno on 12/28? I thought the Pats trolls were dumb, this guy take the cake!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to your house in week 7 with nothing on our roster....NOTHING!!!!! and you won by 2 points....you let Geno Smith put up 237 yards on you with NO receivers and Tom only had 261. We put up 107 yards on on 21 carries that's 5 yards a whop. We lost because our defense as usual was on the field all damn game because our receivers last year couldn't start in a pop warner game.

Week 16 we lost by 1 point Tom threw for 182 1 TD and Geno 210 and 1 TD so tell me again how we are not suited to not whip that ass this year again? You almost lost to us TWICE with a junior Varsity team last year 2 games with a 3 point difference when we had zero talent, now we are suited and booted so please believe we are going to get in you in Foxboro and at Met life this year. And you guys have the Nerve to not bring back Vince!!!! Yeah "Can't Wait"

Ugh.. I'm a jets fan stupid lol. I was talking directly to the Dolphin fans. Why would I say our running game has no identity.

I live in SW Fl been here for over 30 years and have watch the area grow up. Although I am about to turn 60 this month, not drooling in my mush yet. Fins fans are a fair weather bunch, been to many a Jets game at Joe Rob-Me , where by the third quarter all you here is J. E. T. S. Jets jets jets.

As aways tons of big talk in March thru October with a huge disappearing act at the beginning of November. The rest of the way all you hear down here is how much the Dolphins suck.

I will admit that this division is going to be very, very tough this season. Like it or not the Jets, Fins, Bills have all upgraded in some fashion. As has already been pointed out, the Pats have Tom and Bill, who always have a way to overcome players loses. So I expect a very tough race with each of us pounding the hell out of each other. The division should come down to injuries and how well the newcomers adapt to the new systems being installed by the new coaching staff of the NY teams. Should be a lot more fun for Jets fans then it was last year, that's for damn sure.

Looks like you don't want the division as bad as we do.

Already in FA.

DT - Donkey Kong Suh

WR - Kenny Stills

TE - Jordan Cameron

This actually isn't a troll thread. I was looking at the Jets FA transactions so far and I'm finding it hard to see how you are "getting better."

Looks like it's gonna be a Pats/Fins race for the division at this point.

Nope.

he Minnesota Vikings have acquired wide receiver Mike Wallace and a 2015 seventh-round draft pick from the Miami Dolphins for a fifth-round pick this year

the trade was made before the Dolphins had to pay Wallace's $3 million bonus this weekend.

Wallace led the Dolphins in receiving yards (862) and touchdowns (10) and was second in receptions (67) this past season.

However, he fell out of favor in Miami following Week 17 sideline altercation in a loss to the New York Jets. Wallace was benched in the second half, which raised questions about his future with the team.

He also struggled at times to get on the same page with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who wasn't consistent throwing deep passes to the speedy Wallace.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Tannehill threw three more interceptions than TDs (seven to five) when targeting Wallace in 2013, although that ratio turned around significantly in 2014 (one INT, 10 TDs).

Miami traded for former New Orleans Saintsreceiver Kenny Stills on Friday, which made Wallace expendable. He was scheduled to make $9.9 million in 2015.

Wallace initially inked a $60 million contract with the Dolphins in 2013 after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Dolphins are in the process of overhauling their entire receiving corps.

In addition to trading Wallace, Miami also released former starter Brian Hartline and slot receiver Brandon Gibson. The trio accounted for 135 receptions, 1,631 yards and 13 total touchdowns in 2014.

You got a HOFer who's best years are behind him. I guess Jets fans are incapable of being civil. That's ok with me too.

You aren't trolling but you lump all jets fan's together with one inaccurate statement.

Enjoy your time here.

I live in SW Fl been here for over 30 years and have watch the area grow up. Although I am about to turn 60 this month, not drooling in my mush yet. Fins fans are a fair weather bunch, been to many a Jets game at Joe Rob-Me , where by the third quarter all you here is J. E. T. S. Jets jets jets.

As aways tons of big talk in March thru October with a huge disappearing act at the beginning of November. The rest of the way all you hear down here is how much the Dolphins suck.

I will admit that this division is going to be very, very tough this season. Like it or not the Jets, Fins, Bills have all upgraded in some fashion. As has already been pointed out, the Pats have Tom and Bill, who always have a way to overcome players loses. So I expect a very tough race with each of us pounding the hell out of each other. The division should come down to injuries and how well the newcomers adapt to the new systems being installed by the new coaching staff of the NY teams. Should be a lot more fun for Jets fans then it was last year, that's for damn sure.

I used to hate Phin fans more than any other fan base, the Flats fans have replaced that stature because of their inferiority complex and arrogance with the recent tainted success of the Pats.

But there is not a bigger more myopic fan base than the moron phin fans in So Beach, same goes for any Miami sport, they are insufferable.

Miami: good roster, good QB

Buffalo: great roster, okay QB

New York: great roster, okay QB

New England: okay roster, great QB

The division battle is wide open this year, and as usual, will hinge upon the respective performances under center.

So you're showing me a picture of your lesser defense? Lol

Heard of Cameron Wake, Suh, Vernon, Brent Grimes, Reshad Jones? When we draft top CB or SS it's turnover city in Miami. 

Wow you take out the overpaid dirty a**hole out of that name drop and you got a defense that Geno Smith lit up

This is one of my favorite threads I think I've ever seen. Let's break it down by position:

QB: Phins, by a smidge

RB: Jets by far

WR: Jets in a land slide

TE: I'll call it a push

OL: Jets

DL: Jets. Don't get why Suh is such a big deal

LB: Maybe Miami?

DB: Jets above all of the NFL

That's why we think we're owing free agency. We addressed the largest holes in our roster and improved. Believe it or not, Fitz is an improvement at QB. Marshall and Decker are heads above whatever WRs lining up down there.

You obviously have never been to a Dolphins home game come on man you know that is the most pathetic fan base in the NFL you're making yourself look stupid get off the drugs son

I've actually been to several games. In both stadiums.. shmuck. Each time I was with a large group of dolfans whether in your house or ours. (and maybe a couple jets fans that were our friends) lol.

This is one of my favorite threads I think I've ever seen. Let's break it down by position:

QB: Phins, by a smidge

RB: Jets by far

WR: Jets in a land slide

TE: I'll call it a push

OL: Jets

DL: Jets. Don't get why Suh is such a big deal

LB: Maybe Miami?

DB: Jets above all of the NFL

That's why we think we're owing free agency. We addressed the largest holes in our roster and improved. Believe it or not, Fitz is an improvement at QB. Marshall and Decker are heads above whatever WRs lining up down there.

Thats a joke. Maybe you havent heard of Cameron Wake or Olivier Vernon.. Dolphins DL will be best in the league. And if we draft a top CB opposite Brent Grimes, it's all over.

The Dolphins are better than the the Jests. You'll see. 

QB Fins by a large margin

WR Fins have Mile Wallace, Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills as the starting unit. How is that a land slide for you? Lmao.

RB Tie. Lamar Miller was amazing last year.

TE Tie for now our new TE has a higher ceiling

OL Jets but Miami has good tackles and C.

DL Fins easily

LB Both suck

DB Jets but dolphins have Brent Grimes at CB, Reshad Jones at FS) we will prolly draft to bulk up secondary

After the draft it will be a push.

Special Teams: Fins... Jarvis Landry is an amazing kick/punt returner. We also block kicks and return them as well as block punts/FGs.

he Minnesota Vikings have acquired wide receiver Mike Wallace and a 2015 seventh-round draft pick from the Miami Dolphins for a fifth-round pick this year

the trade was made before the Dolphins had to pay Wallace's $3 million bonus this weekend.

Wallace led the Dolphins in receiving yards (862) and touchdowns (10) and was second in receptions (67) this past season.

However, he fell out of favor in Miami following Week 17 sideline altercation in a loss to the New York Jets. Wallace was benched in the second half, which raised questions about his future with the team.

He also struggled at times to get on the same page with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who wasn't consistent throwing deep passes to the speedy Wallace.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Tannehill threw three more interceptions than TDs (seven to five) when targeting Wallace in 2013, although that ratio turned around significantly in 2014 (one INT, 10 TDs).

Miami traded for former New Orleans Saintsreceiver Kenny Stills on Friday, which made Wallace expendable. He was scheduled to make $9.9 million in 2015.

Wallace initially inked a $60 million contract with the Dolphins in 2013 after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Dolphins are in the process of overhauling their entire receiving corps.

In addition to trading Wallace, Miami also released former starter Brian Hartline and slot receiver Brandon Gibson. The trio accounted for 135 receptions, 1,631 yards and 13 total touchdowns in 2014.

WR Fins have Mile Wallace, .

Ummmm no you don't. do you even follow you own team? 

Anyone who thinks Geno Smith is even in the same tier as Tannehill you're tripping.

Tannehill is well inside the top 15. Geno is in the bottom 10.

Statistics prove Tannehill to be largely the better overall QB in the division next to Shady Brady.

i think this is accurate actually. tannehill is firmly planted in the mid-tier of nfl qb's. geno smith is largely inconsistent so far, he has had some very good games and some real stinkers. if he can put it together he can easily be in the mid-tier of qb's right along with tannehill. tannehill has been decent, not a game changer at all though

Thats a joke. Maybe you havent heard of Cameron Wake or Olivier Vernon.. Dolphins DL will be best in the league. And if we draft a top CB opposite Brent Grimes, it's all over.

The Dolphins are better than the the Jests. You'll see. 

QB Fins by a large margin

WR Fins have Mile Wallace, Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills as the starting unit. How is that a land slide for you? Lmao.

RB Tie. Lamar Miller was amazing last year.

TE Tie for now our new TE has a higher ceiling

OL Jets but Miami has good tackles and C.

DL Fins easily

LB Both suck

DB Jets but dolphins have Brent Grimes at CB, Reshad Jones at FS) we will prolly draft to bulk up secondary

After the draft it will be a push.

Special Teams: Fins... Jarvis Landry is an amazing kick/punt returner. We also block kicks and return them as well as block punts/FGs.

sorry but this is false. you have a better DT now and thats about it. overall the jets d-line is very very good.

i'll also give you that cameron wake is very good....i forgot he was moved to end.

overall though the d-lines are basically a wash

I've actually been to several games. In both stadiums.. shmuck. Each time I was with a large group of dolfans whether in your house or ours. (and maybe a couple jets fans that were our friends) lol.

Why don't u go F yourself. Truth hurts don't be a tough guy behind a computer, u have something to say we don't live far.

"From" I live in Long Island NY. I was at the game last year when we came back down 10 in the 4th. Lots of Dolphins fans in the area. 

Hell there's almost as many Fin Fans in NY/NJ as there are Jets fans in Florida.

That one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here. And believe me, that's saying something.

Your pathetic brand of trolling does seem to increase traffic here as fans pluck the low hanging fruit incarnate that you are, but you really bring little value conversation-wise. Name calling in Yiddish is only gonna hasten your demise, schmecklehead.

dolphins are dumb mmmkay 

Just when I began to praise the Miami Dolphins for batting 1.000 to start the offseason, the team makes a move Friday night that equates to a three-pitch strikeout. 

The Dolphins traded No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace and a seventh-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings for a fifth-round pick. Wallace led Miami last year in receiving yards (862), touchdowns (10) and was second in receptions (67). However, the Dolphins gave Wallace away for very little because their brass didn't believe it could deal with the receiver for another year. 

Miami's move was essentially a salary and a personality dump. Wallace was not a bad person. In fact, Wallace never got into off-field trouble, was one of the hardest workers on the team and last year sacrificed his game, which is the deep ball, to fit into Bill Lazor’s quick-hitting offense. 

But Wallace was outspoken. Like most good receivers, Wallace wanted the football and wanted to make big plays. His flaw was he couldn’t hide his emotions and frustration from coaches, teammates or even media when it didn’t happen. 

Things finally boiled over in the regular-season finale against the New York Jets when Wallace was benched in the second half for a sideline altercation. That, essentially, was the beginning of the end for Wallace in Miami. But it didn’t have to be that way. 

dolphins are dumb mmmkay 

Just when I began to praise the Miami Dolphins for batting 1.000 to start the offseason, the team makes a move Friday night that equates to a three-pitch strikeout. 

The Dolphins traded No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace and a seventh-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings for a fifth-round pick. Wallace led Miami last year in receiving yards (862), touchdowns (10) and was second in receptions (67). However, the Dolphins gave Wallace away for very little because their brass didn't believe it could deal with the receiver for another year. 

Miami's move was essentially a salary and a personality dump. Wallace was not a bad person. In fact, Wallace never got into off-field trouble, was one of the hardest workers on the team and last year sacrificed his game, which is the deep ball, to fit into Bill Lazor’s quick-hitting offense. 

But Wallace was outspoken. Like most good receivers, Wallace wanted the football and wanted to make big plays. His flaw was he couldn’t hide his emotions and frustration from coaches, teammates or even media when it didn’t happen. 

Things finally boiled over in the regular-season finale against the New York Jets when Wallace was benched in the second half for a sideline altercation. That, essentially, was the beginning of the end for Wallace in Miami. But it didn’t have to be that way. 

Dolphins ended up spending $27 million for 2 years of Mike Wallace.  ($11 million bonus + $16 million salary for the first 2 years).  They still have $6.6 million in dead money hitting their cap this year.   Just moronic fiscal irresponsibility, and highly representative of the poor management you Fin fans have had to endure for a very long time.  Now you have Tannenbaum there who will only dig a far deeper fiscal hole for your pathetic team.  Ask any Jets fan what he did to us.  He constantly backloads deals to try to win now at the expense of future years.  More so than any other GM/accountant type in the NFL.   And he just did the same thing again with Suh.  If Suh backfires, you guys are financially strapped for years to come.  The Suh deal is extremely risky.  He'll be suspended eventually for his dirty play.  

Archived