If you're a Mets, Jets, Knicks and Rangers fan

drdetroit

I think you're headed to another golden age. These teams historically have a tradition of doing really well at the same time late 60's early 70's. 1994. Late 90's.

Mets - excellent young pitching, real manager Wally Backman on the way

Jets - new regime seems to know what they're doing

Knicks - potential top pick in a great draft, cap room, terrible eastern conference

rangers - could start the run with a cup

Darkest before the dawn boys.

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Islanders.  Pro Sports misery at its finest.

If the Mets can actually find some bats, they're going to be nasty with that pitching staff.

While the Knicks, are doing it right, they're far from being competitive again.  And as long as Melo is on the team, it doesnt matter.  

The Islanders look to be headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

The Jets suck and will always suck.  Its their place in the world.  I expect nothing but the worst from this regime as I've never seen a team spend like this in FA and it actually translate to wins. 

Jets and Rangers for me 

It amazes me that two teams Knicks and Rangers  can be owned by the same guy and be in such different states.

The Knicks have been awful for 15 years. (give or take 2 or 3 years) They have constantly been an embarrasment with this year being the worse of the worse. Until they change the entitlement culture in that locker room it will never change.

As much as people hate Glen Sather he has not only brought a winning culture to the Rangers but their work ethic in outstanding (Torts) and they just go out and do the job.

Too bad most people are missing it. Care more about the trainwreck that is the Knicks

Sather is having success for the rangers because he got a reset with the cap several years ago. Phil is trying to of same thing with Knicks getting under the cap and tanking for a top draft pick.

Get me D'angelo Russell and Marc Gasol + Tyson Chandler in FA this summer.

Jets, Yankees, Knicks fan.  I barely follow hockey, so not going to say I'm a Rangers fan anymore.  

Knicks- I don't know about the future still.  Carmelo is hurt, and I don't think he's someone that ages well.  That top pick should be good though, but I'm not sure who else would be coming here.  I think both Gasol and LMA went out of their way to say No to coming here, and I don't want to overpay for someone like Middleton at max, or Kanter at max to fill out the team.  The roster right now is a disgrace, I honestly think Kentucky would run this team out of the building as of right now.  

Mets-  Definitely some upside there, Alderson has done an amazing job rebuilding the farm.  The hitters are coming, Pawlecki, Herrera is a start for the hitting.  And they'll have the money to keep the pitching intact when the hitting does show up.  

Yankees-  I don't know, I get the feeling that they just aren't as well run anymore.  They've avoided the Cuban prospects like the plague lately, and it's cost them Abreu, Puig, Chapman, and others.  While there have been a couple that haven't worked out (Viciedo), most of the big name guys from Cubs have been stars here.  I have no idea why they didn't go after Moncada harder when they clearly had a need at SS/2B.  I like their pitching, as long as Tanaka holds up.  

• 6 months later...

The Rangers are still the best team in NY.

Hopefully the Jets will keep moving in a positive direction.

It would be nice to see the Knicks relevant again.

Definitely interested in seeing what the Yankees will do this off-season.

The Mets look good and I am rooting for them and would also for the Giants, Islanders, Nets, as a last resort, but I don't really care for them.

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Islanders.  Pro Sports misery at its finest.

If the Mets can actually find some bats, they're going to be nasty with that pitching staff.

While the Knicks, are doing it right, they're far from being competitive again.  And as long as Melo is on the team, it doesnt matter.  

The Islanders look to be headed in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

The Jets suck and will always suck.  Its their place in the world.  I expect nothing but the worst from this regime as I've never seen a team spend like this in FA and it actually translate to wins. 

Funny thread to bump considering the only sports team that bring me joy (Gators) who are off to a great start, just had their QB suspended for the year! 

The Rangers are still the best team in NY.

Hopefully the Jets will keep moving in a positive direction.

It would be nice to see the Knicks relevant again.

Definitely interested in seeing what the Yankees will do this off-season.

The Mets look good and I am rooting for them and would also for the Giants, Islanders, Nets, as a last resort, but I don't really care for them.

Phil actually made a couple good under the radar moves in the offseason I love the O'Quinn signing.

Archived