see how ridiculous it sounds when He isn't your coach??

JOJOTOWNSELL

I think he's a fat pant load, loser clown. But this is pretty generic stuff. I wouldn't disagree with anything he said here. Why he'd call out New England I don't know. But it's tame for Rex.

My issue with his mouth lately is that he guaranteed Shady 25 touches a game. WTF is that about? You earn snaps, reps and touches. He's already crowned the guy. Rex has learned nothing.

He will fail in Buffalo, with all that crazy talent. He has about as much idea of what to do with EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod as a puppy would with the space shuttle. At least it would be cute to watch the puppy stumble around pretending to be an astronaut. Nothing cute about watching this guy impersonate a head coach yet again.

And I already know what his legacy will be. After he takes his spot on The Fox pre game show sitting next to Howie, Rex lovers will say for years to come... "Rex was a great coach, he just got stuck in the same division with Belichcik and couldn't beat the best coach of all time." As always.... It's not his fault.

You sign one of the leading rushers in the NFL to a 5 year, 40 million dollar contract, and you are supposed to act like he isn't going to get the ball? 

I don't hate on Rex.  He got the team to over acieve a couple times.  I think he's a decent coach, but does not have the discipline to stay in one place for a long time.  After a while, the players get lax.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sign one of the leading rushers in the NFL to a 5 year, 40 million dollar contract, and you are supposed to act like he isn't going to get the ball?

I guess its implied, but you can never speak the words .ever.. especially rex

He actually makes sense and said nothing wrong. What gets us is that most coaches won't say too much about another team the way Res does.

Exactly!!

Rex sounds fine here.  One wishes he sounded like that 75% of the time when he was the HC here!!

If we are going to knock the guy knock him for real reasons not nonsense....

This is my first post and I'd like to start by saying I like your avatar Savage.

This! Lol between starting out on JI in 08 til coming to JN a few months ago, I've always appreciated and admired Savages avatar from afar lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

True, in New England they have obviously become lax on Belichick, in Baltimore they have become lax, in Green Bay they have become lax. (That's sarcasm BTW)

You're a Rex defender who believes it's the players, GM's, OC's, and the owners fault. But not Rex becuase he's a cool dude. Fans like you are why we had to go through 2 extra useless seasons with him.

You sign one of the leagues leading rushers and you make sure he knows the only thing that sets him apart from his teammates is his juicy pay check. Other than that he is expected to prove himself every time he touches the ball. It's called the culture of accountability. McCoy will hopefully be a team leader since he's so highly paid. If he is held accountable he will hold his teammates accountable. And if your next statement is "this isn't colege football".... The difference is he's cashing HUGE pay checks.

I remember a story from Wes Welker about Belichick calling him and Brady out during film sessions with the team. He said he used to get a little offended, but it was equal for everyone.

Belichick may be a scumb bag cheater, but no one debates he knows how to create a winning culture and demanding accountability. From 2 SB's as Giants defensive coordinator, to a SB appearance as Pats DC, to 3 amazing years here with the Jets and over a decade as HC in chowderville.

Funny you didn't mention his 1 winning season in 5 years with the Browns and his 5-11 first year with the Pats..

Can't we leave Rex Ryan alone? He entertained us, always had a positive attitude and brought us to two AFCGs. In the end, there just weren't enough wins, although that's largely due to Idziot being the GM.

I like the guy, but I hope the Bills do poorly this season

On the Bombasticity scale this rates about a 2 out of 10.

Rex talked out of his rear end countless times with far more ridiculous statements than this and he will many times again.

He quite's it for a bit when somebody tells him to shut up, but he's back much sooner than later promising things like a 5 year old about to get paddled.

And who's going to tell him to shut up? The Fracker King and his child bride?

It's just who he is - it doesn't make him bad, it just makes him not credible and will ultimately get him back to his talent peak as a DC. And he'll be a good one.

True, in New England they have obviously become lax on Belichick, in Baltimore they have become lax, in Green Bay they have become lax. (That's sarcasm BTW)

You're a Rex defender who believes it's the players, GM's, OC's, and the owners fault. But not Rex becuase he's a cool dude. Fans like you are why we had to go through 2 extra useless seasons with him.

You sign one of the leagues leading rushers and you make sure he knows the only thing that sets him apart from his teammates is his juicy pay check. Other than that he is expected to prove himself every time he touches the ball. It's called the culture of accountability. McCoy will hopefully be a team leader since he's so highly paid. If he is held accountable he will hold his teammates accountable. And if your next statement is "this isn't colege football".... The difference is he's cashing HUGE pay checks.

I remember a story from Wes Welker about Belichick calling him and Brady out during film sessions with the team. He said he used to get a little offended, but it was equal for everyone.

Belichick may be a scumb bag cheater, but no one debates he knows how to create a winning culture and demanding accountability. From 2 SB's as Giants defensive coordinator, to a SB appearance as Pats DC, to 3 amazing years here with the Jets and over a decade as HC in chowderville.

I think your anger at Rex is making you not see what I'm saying

He is a decent head coach, who can't stay long because his players get lax.  They stop paying as close attention as they should, hence the up and down.  It's a negaitve.  He also got some good football out of ok teams, and got a crap team to 8-8.  He's a decent coach, not great, and it was time for a change as the players liked him too much and feared him too little.

Belichick lets no one get away with anything.  Neither did Jimmy J, Walsh, any of those guys.  For the record, I don't think the guy up in Green Bay is that great, he just has the best QB in the freakin world.

On the Bombasticity scale this rates about a 2 out of 10.

Rex talked out of his rear end countless times with far more ridiculous statements than this and he will many times again.

He quite's it for a bit when somebody tells him to shut up, but he's back much sooner than later promising things like a 5 year old about to get paddled.

And who's going to tell him to shut up? The Fracker King and his child bride?

It's just who he is - it doesn't make him bad, it just makes him not credible and will ultimately get him back to his talent peak as a DC. And he'll be a good one.

I think he may be more like Wade Phillips and Dick LeBeau.

A great DC, who should not be a head coach.  And, for the record, I think Wade is a hell of a good DC.

The gap has been shrunk dramatically. If you don't think your revamped secondary was a major reason you got to the Superbowl you are insane. #12 wouldn't have made out of the first round without your defense. Now Wolfork, a major part of your Dline, is also gone Every AFC East team upgraded both their offense and their defense except the Pats. I know it is still early and we havn't even had the draft yet, but if you think a 35 going on 36 year old Brady is going to last forever, I have a bridge to sell you. NE will be good again this year but this division has just gotten a hell of a lot tougher. Their division games are going to be hell.

Tom B's 37 and 38 in August.

Look...I wish nothing more than had rex led this team to multiple championships...I never liked the penalties and stuff that went on under rex watch but at the end of the day..this guy has built himself a brand..made a life for him and his family that most of us could only wish for..and is doing what he loves and has passion for..this guy isn't as stupid as people think he is..can't kill him for what he said..NE might be the only team to lose players each year and continue to fill in the holes with stop gaps...but all in all this division has gotten better and it should be fun to watch

Each passing year makes Belichecks prized QB a year older n slower. The only time we can judge that Chester is when Brady becomes average n Belicheat has to truly "work his magic". I don't think he has any magic. His only magic was picking up a HoF QB in the 6th round and paying him half the salary he should be paid.

i forgot about those. yeah, on second thought 9 superbowl appearances and 6 wins as an assistant coach and head coach means nothing. He's garbage.

How did I end up defending this low life? SMH

Zero playoff appearances as a HC without Brady with two different teams. Telling. Oh but when u put Brady in to the conversation, Belicheat becomes God. Ok, here. Zero SBs with Brady while NOT cheating.

This "low life" has a first ballot FHoF QB play his entire career for him n he still needed plenty of cheating to win a SB. SMH.

If anything, this thread is a testimony to how much a Rex hater will distort comments that are absolutely fine to try to prove a point. Rex even complements the other teams in the AFC East including the Jets.

I was thinking he promised a White House visit during a black president's 2nd term.

I hear you about McCarthy, but every good coach needs a QB to win

so McCarthy needs a good qb to win and so does every other coach? but not rex? he should win regardless or he is a bad coach? is this the gist? sounds a little hypocritical,no?

Each passing year makes Belichecks prized QB a year older n slower. The only time we can judge that Chester is when Brady becomes average n Belicheat has to truly "work his magic". I don't think he has any magic. His only magic was picking up a HoF QB in the 6th round and paying him half the salary he should be paid.

All things being equal, Brady wasn't that great when they won their 1st SB.   He was a game manager.

so you are saying it's his fault they get lax? Like that's one of his flaws? I think I get it now.

And I think he is an elite coordinator, just a terrible head coach.

I hear you about McCarthy, but every good coach needs a QB to win. Carroll was a genius before Wilson, but they struggled like crazy. Same thing with Payton in New Orleans, Brees is declining, and suddenly they can't win.

At least McCarthy gets credit for helping end the Favre era and the balls to start Rodgers. I read they were getting death threats and sh*t up there when they first dumped #4.

Yes, exactly.

You work with your friend.  You never want to be the boss of your friend, he will stop working as hard as he should.  IMO, same with Rex.

All things being equal, Brady wasn't that great when they won their 1st SB.   He was a game manager.

Very true he had 18 tds and 12 picks in 2001 and barely beat the Jets in the 2nd match up 17-16.. Plus he was hurt in the Pitt playoff game and Bledsoe came in to lead the team to a win..And who can forget the fumble that wasn't..LOL

so you are saying it's his fault they get lax? Like that's one of his flaws? I think I get it now.

And I think he is an elite coordinator, just a terrible head coach.

I hear you about McCarthy, but every good coach needs a QB to win. Carroll was a genius before Wilson, but they struggled like crazy. Same thing with Payton in New Orleans, Brees is declining, and suddenly they can't win.

At least McCarthy gets credit for helping end the Favre era and the balls to start Rodgers. I read they were getting death threats and sh*t up there when they first dumped #4.

Wait wait wait...did you just call Carroll a "genius"? Wow...The genius certainly knows his game when it comes to SB.

i forgot about those. yeah, on second thought 9 superbowl appearances and 6 wins as an assistant coach and head coach means nothing. He's garbage.

How did I end up defending this low life? SMH

That's not the point and you know it.. Hell even Rex has a Bowl ring from the Ravens as a D-line coach..LOL The Tuna gets the credit for the Giant bowl wins BB did what he was told.. Do I give him credit for winning with a HOF QB, sure just like George Seifert won with Montana and Young check how he did without them 16 wins 32 losses and canned as HC of the Panthers..

Zero playoff appearances as a HC without Brady with two different teams. Telling. Oh but when u put Brady in to the conversation, Belicheat becomes God. Ok, here. Zero SBs with Brady while NOT cheating.

This "low life" has a first ballot FHoF QB play his entire career for him n he still needed plenty of cheating to win a SB. SMH.

I get the Jets' hatred of all and anything Patriots' related, but at least check your facts.

Belichick did get to the playoffs with the Browns. 

I get the Jets' hatred of all and anything Patriots' related, but at least check your facts.

Belichick did get to the playoffs with the Browns. 

My bad. The Browns fired him. Out of all the NFL teams, it had to be a college level team to fire the Genius.

I think he's a fat pant load, loser clown. But this is pretty generic stuff. I wouldn't disagree with anything he said here. Why he'd call out New England I don't know. But it's tame for Rex.

My issue with his mouth lately is that he guaranteed Shady 25 touches a game. WTF is that about? You earn snaps, reps and touches. He's already crowned the guy. Rex has learned nothing.

He will fail in Buffalo, with all that crazy talent. He has about as much idea of what to do with EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod as a puppy would with the space shuttle. At least it would be cute to watch the puppy stumble around pretending to be an astronaut. Nothing cute about watching this guy impersonate a head coach yet again.

And I already know what his legacy will be. After he takes his spot on The Fox pre game show sitting next to Howie, Rex lovers will say for years to come... "Rex was a great coach, he just got stuck in the same division with Belichcik and couldn't beat the best coach of all time." As always.... It's not his fault.

belichick is overrated, considering the huge talent discrepancy at QB you could argue that Rex did out coach him

I understand your point, but when anyone criticizes coaches by saying they had too many good players, I always ask... Name a Great HC who didn't have an elite QB.... at least a guy who was considered elite in his day?

And Beli-cheat had a ton of success at an assistant coach before brady. 2-1 in superbowls and he was a big part of them.

Same could be said about Rex then. Never had an elite QB, but I can guarantee you if he even had an above average QB, he wouldve been wearing two rings. One on each middle finger and showing it to a Dollfan.

I don't know your definition of genius, but I think he is one of the greatest football coaches in history. He was an interesting assistant coach in the NFL, struggled to find his way as a head coach, landed in USC and went on a legendary run l.... and then put together a blueprint on how to build a champion NFL team in the modern era in Seattle. He's a crazy motivator, an elite X' & O's guy and has the balls to start a 5'10" 3rd round pick making 400k a year over the hyped free agent making 5 million a year... and it paid off big time.

He started a QB he himself passed on twice in the draft and a CB he passed on four times...for less than a mil in cap charge. Him being a "crazy motivator, an elite X' & O's guy" didn't help his cause from being fired twice in the NFL. Rex was a "crazy" motivator that had decent success without an NFL QB n has a ring as an assistant. Is he elite as well?

Archived