Quick 4 round mock

bealeb319

Why do you see Gurley lasting till the 38th pick?

Injury question and the fact that there are a lot of good backs in this draft.  He most likely won't last that long but it is not out of the question.

I have to hope he goes into the 2nd round because I have a bet with Paradis on that.  :shutit:

This is how I see it ATM: 

Round 1: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson - I honestly think this will come down to Beasley vs Fowler vs Gregory or which of the three are left on the board at 6; I like Beasley over Gregory and honestly I believe Fowler will be gone by #6. We could trade back if Mariota is still there at 6, but for simplicity's sake I won't do trades.

Round 2: Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn -  I'd love Gurley here, but he won't last til the 2nd round... If he does, he'll be one of the first picks. With that being said I think the pick will be Coates. The only real "holes" left on the team are OLB and QB. I don't think there is a QB after Winston and Mariota that warrants an early 2nd rounder... With most needs filled We'll take the BPA. He can contribute as a #4 for now, and hopefully grow into a bigger role.

Round 3: Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State - I think this kid is one of the more underrated players in this draft class. He's very versatile, can catch the ball out of the backfield, has pretty good burst speed and has the power to hammer it down a defense's throat as well. Ajayi and Powell would make good relief for Ivory, he would be a good #2 back or 3rd down back. He has the potential to be a real force at running back... Plus, who doesn't want a back with the nickname "Baby Marshawn Lynch."

Round 4: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - I think Petty would be a great value pick here, I'm not sure exactly where he'll go but it'll be somewhere between rounds 3-4. He'd be good competition out of the gate for Geno and Fitz. Mayock seems to think he could be "the best natural thrower in the draft." Who knows, maybe he could even develop into our starter?

This is how I see it ATM: 

Round 1: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson - I honestly think this will come down to Beasley vs Fowler vs Gregory or which of the three are left on the board at 6; I like Beasley over Gregory and honestly I believe Fowler will be gone by #6. We could trade back if Mariota is still there at 6, but for simplicity's sake I won't do trades.

Round 2: Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn -  I'd love Gurley here, but he won't last til the 2nd round... If he does, he'll be one of the first picks. With that being said I think the pick will be Coates. The only real "holes" left on the team are OLB and QB. I don't think there is a QB after Winston and Mariota that warrants an early 2nd rounder... With most needs filled We'll take the BPA. He can contribute as a #4 for now, and hopefully grow into a bigger role.

Round 3: Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State - I think this kid is one of the more underrated players in this draft class. He's very versatile, can catch the ball out of the backfield, has pretty good burst speed and has the power to hammer it down a defense's throat as well. Ajayi and Powell would make good relief for Ivory, he would be a good #2 back or 3rd down back. He has the potential to be a real force at running back... Plus, who doesn't want a back with the nickname "Baby Marshawn Lynch."

Round 4: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - I think Petty would be a great value pick here, I'm not sure exactly where he'll go but it'll be somewhere between rounds 3-4. He'd be good competition out of the gate for Geno and Fitz. Mayock seems to think he could be "the best natural thrower in the draft." Who knows, maybe he could even develop into our starter?

Wow that would be a pretty good haul but Sammie Coates worries me. I would take Melvin Gordon instead and then take whats left of Stephon Diggs, Tre McBride, Tony Lippet... in the third. 

Why do you see Gurley lasting till the 38th pick?

Because he has not done any form of workout for any team yet and refused to show his knee to the doctors at the combine. He is a very talented player but he is a risk if he cant show that he is able to recover from an injury, look at Marcus Lattimore a few years back, he was the clear cut number 1 RB in the draft but he had a nasty injury (a lot worse than Gurley) and he fell to the bottom of the fourth round, if he didn't get injured he would have been taken in the first.

1 Mariotta .................QB of the future

2  Tevin Coleman......RB...Doak Walker award winner - a fast Bilal Powell 

Ty Sambrailo........ OT  can learn behind DBrick    

4  Hau'Oli Kikaha, OLB/DE, ......edge rusher we need and a steal at round 4  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hauoli-kikaha?id=2552292Bottom Line

Kikaha is the most accomplished pure pass rusher in this draft class. Relies on a relentless motor off the edge more than athleticism. He has an elite determination to get to the quarterback. While he seems to specialize in just rushing the passer, Kikaha has the power, hands and frame to improve against the run. It might take some work to get fully comfortable as a stand-up 3-4 OLB, but Kikaha is a very safe draft prospect as long as his medicals check out.

1 Mariotta .................QB of the future

2  Tevin Coleman......RB...Doak Walker award winner - a fast Bilal Powell 

Ty Sambrailo........ OT  can learn behind DBrick    

4  Hau'Oli Kikaha, OLB/DE, ......edge rusher we need and a steal at round 4  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hauoli-kikaha?id=2552292Bottom Line

Kikaha is the most accomplished pure pass rusher in this draft class. Relies on a relentless motor off the edge more than athleticism. He has an elite determination to get to the quarterback. While he seems to specialize in just rushing the passer, Kikaha has the power, hands and frame to improve against the run. It might take some work to get fully comfortable as a stand-up 3-4 OLB, but Kikaha is a very safe draft prospect as long as his medicals check out.

Not bad, if Kikaha last to us in 4th would be a steal. 

Because he has not done any form of workout for any team yet and refused to show his knee to the doctors at the combine. He is a very talented player but he is a risk if he cant show that he is able to recover from an injury, look at Marcus Lattimore a few years back, he was the clear cut number 1 RB in the draft but he had a nasty injury (a lot worse than Gurley) and he fell to the bottom of the fourth round, if he didn't get injured he would have been taken in the first.

Dr Andrews told him that it was too soon after surgery to have the knee twisted and stressed.  Lattimore had 3 surgeries.  If he wasn't a risk he would be taken in the top 10, the only reason he goes outside the10 is the ACL. There is no way in hell he gets by SD. Dallas, Indy, (gore 32 YO) Balt, Denver, NE, Jacksonville, Tenn. Big deal if he misses the first 6 games of the year, this kid is a talent. 

The pats need a DT and a CB, both are pressing needs, but I would want BB to pass on either if he is there at 32

Rd1. Vic Beasley

Rd2. Duke Johnson/or Devin Smith

Rd3. Phillip Dorsett

Rd.4 Steven Nelson 

Rd5. Brandon Bridge

love your pics but we don't have a 5th and nelson is going to be a very good CB in a year or 2

love your pics but we don't have a 5th and nelson is going to be a very good CB in a year or 2

Thx i forgot about the 5th ...well maybe we trade down for some more picks lol ..anyways I Beasley a lot not that I don't like the others but it seems Beasley is a dual threat he can rush the passer but he causes a lot of turnovers with the tomahawk chop or stripping 

yea I'm a fan of Nelson too he reminds me of a bigger Mickens or Glenn 

the other are too explosive to ignore and we need big play guys

the Brandon Bridge pick ..everyone I read says he's a raw Joe Flacco   

Thx i forgot about the 5th ...well maybe we trade down for some more picks lol ..anyways I Beasley a lot not that I don't like the others but it seems Beasley is a dual threat he can rush the passer but he causes a lot of turnovers with the tomahawk chop or stripping 

Bridge is the only qb in this draft class even worth drafting after Winston and Mariota. 

love to get Bridge with our 7th and just let him sit he could be like the 49rs QB under the right coach and I think we got that now.

Archived