Still Need More Weapons on Offense

JetBlue

With the addition of Harvin to Buffalo, Stills to Miami and most likely Stevie Johnson to NE, we need to add another deep threat wideout and playmaking running back.  I am intrigued to see how Shaq Evans looks and Chris Owusu showed flashes but I don't want to depend on those guys (Hakim Salim is just a special teams player imho). 

If we go pass rusher in the first, I would like us to get two players from this list in the 2nd, 3rd or possibly even 4th rounds... 

Running Back

Melvin Gordon

Duke Johnson

Ameer Abdullah

Wide Receiver

Devin Smith

Phillip Dorsett

Jamison Crowder

Stefon Diggs

DGB (strongly doubt he will be there at 37 but what the heck)

If we can add two of those players or players of similar ability, our offense can be truly dangerous.  Add a another quality OL or two and we should be ready to rumble. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the addition of Harvin to Buffalo, Stills to Miami and most likely Stevie Johnson to NE, we need to add another deep threat wideout and playmaking running back.  I am intrigued to see how Shaq Evans looks and Chris Owusu showed flashes but I don't want to depend on those guys (Hakim Salim is just a special teams player imho). 

If we go pass rusher in the first, I would like us to get two players from this list in the 2nd, 3rd or possibly even 4th rounds... 

Running Back

Melvin Gordon

Duke Johnson

Ameer Abdullah

Wide Receiver

Devin Smith

Phillip Dorsett

Jamison Crowder

Stefon Diggs

DGB (strongly doubt he will be there at 37 but what the heck)

If we can add two of those players or players of similar ability, our offense can be truly dangerous.  Add a another quality OL or two and we should be ready to rumble. 

Gordon - 1st rounder

Johnson - 4th rounder

Abdullah - fumbler

Smith - late 1st rounder

Dorsett - 3rd or 4th rounder

Crowder - 6th rounder

Diggs   -  4th or 5th rounder 

DGB - off the Jets draft board ( no Proof)

We need to upgrade the OT positions and the defensive front 7 and we will be just fine in 2015. We will kick some AFC tail in 2016 if we do what I say . Good things come to those who wait.

No QB no shot

And if we draft a rb in round one I will be pisses.

No shot at what?  We won 8 games with Geno as a rookie; we can't win that many with him and Fitz?   On paper this is a much better team, yes even at QB, than 2013.

Imagine a draft of:

1st. Fowler/Beasley, 2nd. DGB/Devin Smith and 3rd. Ameer Abdulah/Duke Johnson.  BPA at 4 and 7.  How pumped would you be? 

I think the Jets will target RB early, if they trade down, could be as early as the first, but I agree, pass rusher looks to be the pick at #6, and even if they trade down, I could still see pass rusher and then RB, WR, or maybe QB depending on who is available.  Low first and 2nd round is in the Hundley and Petty territory.  I like Mannion as a middle round project.

I think the Jets will still bring in another WR, a Cecil Shorts or Demarius Moore type, who I think are the type of WR's that are a better fit to be added to the WR unit. 

No QB no shot

And if we draft a rb in round one I will be pisses.

Gurley and Gordon are the only two that are worthy, and if the Jets trade down a bit in the first round, both will and should probably be considerations.

i'd have no problem with Gurley with a mid-first round pick.

need a deep threat WR to take the top off of the defense

need a 3rd down RB who can catch and pick up blitzers

need more o-line depth and help

Marshall

Decker

Kerley

Amaro

Ivory

not a bad group to trot out on the field

drafting a RB in rd 1-3 would be a disaster.  nobody on this years class takes Ivory's job.  

First round OLBs scare the living crap out of me. I think there is more projection for 3-4 OLBs in the draft than any other position. Bust potential is huge. I would rather see us take a safer pick at 6, I do not think OLB is critical to the defense Bowles is building. We will be in nickel and dime way more than base and we have good safety combinations that can play the rush role that OLBs provide in traditional 3-4 defenses. If Melvin Gordon gets to 37 or close I think we should go for him in round 2. Draft should be offense offense and more offense.

After Mariota's pro day I doubt it. Look up Geno's pro day. He was MUCH more impressive than Mariota and he fell to the second. I think if the Jets pass he could really slide.

people thought geno was a dumb jerk

people wish their daughters dated a kid like mariota

need drives the draft.  24 teams need a QB.  most of them are drafting in the top 7.  If you are a GM, do you stake your job on mettenberger ?

he goes #2

need a deep threat WR to take the top off of the defense

need a 3rd down RB who can catch and pick up blitzers

need more o-line depth and help

Marshall

Decker

Kerley

Amaro

Ivory

not a bad group to trot out on the field

drafting a RB in rd 1-3 would be a disaster.  nobody on this years class takes Ivory's job.  

As time goes by, the more I think that the Marshall trade will impact the plan going into the draft. With Marshall, White and Cooper are no longer at the top of the list. I think many of us forget the Jets have a legit trio of WR's now with Decker, Marshall, and Kerley. They also have young players who have potential in Evans, Powell, and Owusu. There is talent now at this position, both established and young, I think OLB is now the biggest need on this team except for maybe QB...

I think #6 is a pass rushing OLB, Marriota, or a trade down, I really think this is our direction. I suppose they could still consider Cooper or White if either or there, but I think they will not be at the top of their draft priorities before OLB and QB. With Marriota, I really don't know if Marriota is enough of a home run pick to use our #6, and we need this #6 pick to be an impact player right away, not a QB that will take a year when the Jets just drafted one that only completed year two, showed promise last year to finish the season, and is still young and developing in Geno.

Some fans want to rush Geno out the door, they will be doing the same with Marriota after one year when they realize Marriota will also be a developmental project.

After Mariota's pro day I doubt it. Look up Geno's pro day. He was MUCH more impressive than Mariota and he fell to the second. I think if the Jets pass he could really slide.

Mike Mayock after watching Mariota...and I paraphrase...underwhelming...but the best pro day I ever witnessed was Jamarcus Russell and how did that turn out?

I would have no problem with Cooper or White at 6 Marshal is 31 years old I have no faith in any player Idzik drafted Evans or Enuwa. I would be torn between either of the 2 WR'S or a pass rusher. In the end I would go WR. Mariota mis not dropping to 6, just my opinion.

As time goes by, the more I think that the Marshall trade will impact the plan going into the draft. With Marshall, White and Cooper are no longer at the top of the list. I think many of us forget the Jets have a legit trio of WR's now with Decker, Marshall, and Kerley. They also have young players who have potential in Evans, Powell, and Owusu. There is talent now at this position, both established and young, I think OLB is now the biggest need on this team except for maybe QB...

I think #6 is a pass rushing OLB, Marriota, or a trade down, I really think this is our direction. I suppose they could still consider Cooper or White if either or there, but I think they will not be at the top of their draft priorities before OLB and QB. With Marriota, I really don't know if Marriota is enough of a home run pick to use our #6, and we need this #6 pick to be an impact player right away, not a QB that will take a year when the Jets just drafted one that only completed year two, showed promise last year to finish the season, and is still young and developing in Geno.

Some fans want to rush Geno out the door, they will be doing the same with Marriota after one year when they realize Marriota will also be a developmental project.

very well put !  I agree with everything

Pretty much the same way I see it unless they feel they have more work to do on the OL.

Archived