"Cleveland Browns" The Team that Offered 1st round pick for Sam Bradford.

Villain The Foe

Listening to to Charlie Casserly speak about it now. He said that he got the information from a reliable source. The Browns offered the Eagles a 1st round pick to acquire Sam Bradford. If Mariota is at #6 I think we're able to get a trade going with them. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap3000000479163/Browns-reportedly-offered-1st-round-pick-for-Bradford

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/25108488/report-browns-offered-first-rounder-for-sam-bradford

Report: Browns offered first-rounder for Sam Bradford

by Shawn Krest | CBSSports.com

Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:10 PM ET

1123599.jpg

Eagles coach Chip Kelly and Rams coach Jeff Fisher both said that a team offered a first-round draft pick for quarterback Sam Bradford.

Bradford was traded from the Rams to the Eagles for quarterback Nick Foles last week.

Neither coach identified the mystery team, but in an appearance on the Michael Kay Show, former NFL GM Charley Casserly said it was the Browns.

"I'm looking at Cleveland," Casserly said. "The information I have is that they offered a one for Sam Bradford, ok, so clearly they're aggressive in trying to get a quarterback. They've got two one's. (They) can't be sold on what (they've) got. I think they'll be aggressive in the draft."

It sounds to me if this was true the Browns could be moving up for Mariota,  they do have the ammunition to trade both ones to Tennessee for the second pick.

Thats what im thinking. I also think this is why we're starting to hear the Redskins and Mariota as an item. I dont think they want Mariota, I think they're trying to stock up on those 1st round picks they threw away on RG3.

Cleveland is crazy. I wanted the Jets to roll the dice on Bradford.

Basically try and reboot the guy. Compete against Geno, start Geno until he sucks for a few games and throw Bradford out there. I say this even with the Jets drafting MM...

Thats what im thinking. I also think this is why we're starting to hear the Redskins and Mariota as an item. I dont think they want Mariota, I think they're trying to stock up on those 1st round picks they threw away on RG3.

Two number ones  that Cleveland has is worth more then #6 pick.  I was hoping they would trade with the Jets but the Browns can move up even higher.

I've thought the same for weeks.  Wonder if the Titans do it at #2.  They need a lot more help than what they can get at #2.  

Two number ones  that Cleveland has is worth more then #6 pick.  I was hoping they would trade with the Jets but the Browns can move up even higher.

I dont know the rankings exactly, but I would prefer Cleveland's 12th pick, 2nd round and 3rd round pick. If thats too much for them then switch the 12th pick with their 19th pick. But if we can get a mid 1st round pick this year with multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that'll be sweet. I want the Jets to stock up on offensive linemen and get another Wr. 

I've thought the same for weeks.  Wonder if the Titans do it at #2.  They need a lot more help than what they can get at #2.  

I think Tennesse would, the problem is that #2 is super high and if Tennesse wants what the #2 spot ranks out to be then it may be a turn off to those teams looking to move up. Seems like the sweet spot is at #5 with the Redskins or #6 with the Jets. 

Honestly if Cleveland is Smart they will let the draft move forward without trading their picks, since there seems to be so much uncertainty tied to Mariota. If the Titans select Mariota, then offer the picks via trade. If the Titans decline then they probably wanted Mariota in the first place and would not have traded out of the pick either way. Same goes for all the teams picking before Cleveland.

I dont know the rankings exactly, but I would prefer Cleveland's 12th pick, 2nd round and 3rd round pick. If thats too much for them then switch the 12th pick with their 19th pick. But if we can get a mid 1st round pick this year with multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that'll be sweet. I want the Jets to stock up on offensive linemen and get another Wr. 

or the jests can give them a lower pick to match the value

I think Cleveland if they really wanted Mariota has ammunition to move ahead of the Jets, they might fear the jets might want him themselves and move to the two through five picks if Mariota were available., Its all poker now, do not believe anything you hear now.

I think Cleveland if they really wanted Mariota has ammunition to move ahead of the Jets, they might fear the jets might want him themselves and move to the two through five picks if Mariota were available., Its all poker now, do not believe anything you hear now.

Totally agree, this is why I feel that the Redskins are suddenly part of the topic. If I was Cleveland and im looking at a Jets team that has Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick I would want to jump to #5 as well if im really considering drafting Mariota. I dont think the Jets want him personally, I think the Jets are waiting for draft day to make some moves for a veteran, but if I was Cleveland with my only viable QB on the roster being McCown, can I really take that chance? 

Even when Geno Smith throws a perfect game in week 17 he finds a way to hurt the team! lol. 

What's more ridiculous: Cleveland offering a #1 for Bradford - under contract for 1 season at $13M - or the Eagles turning that offer down?

You're so damn relevant bro. Thats exactly what I said when I heard the news today. I thought Chip was trying to save face when he said that a few days ago. To see that this is pretty  much true and he turned it down further creeps me out when I see people call his man a genius even after this debacle of an offseason. 

As a consolation, Jordan Matthews will most likely be the #1 receiver on the team. Get to see more of that guy hook up for TD's with Sanchez. I have to see it to believe it regarding Bradford making it through preseason. 

I'd take their first 1st, and their 2nd to move down 6 spots. Hold an auction if MM is still there at 6, which I highly highly doubt.

Rookie first-rounder too drunk to practice ends up in rehab, multiple league substance abuse violations for top WR, and now leaks within the organization telling Casserly about offseason plans...hell of a disciplinarian Pettine is turning out to be.

Rookie first-rounder too drunk to practice ends up in rehab, multiple league substance abuse violations for top WR, and now leaks within the organization telling Casserly about offseason plans...hell of a disciplinarian Pettine is turning out to be.

I'd be willing to bet he wanted nothing to do with Manziel. He's not a substance abuse counselor

What's more ridiculous: Cleveland offering a #1 for Bradford - under contract for 1 season at $13M - or the Eagles turning that offer down?

Turning it down is crazier. I can't believe they would considering they could've used that pick for MM.

I wouldnt blame that on Pettine, seems like the GM is an assclown and the owner is incompetent. 

Seriously. If only he would take a page from Rex's book on leaking stuff to the media.

Archived