"Cleveland Browns" The Team that Offered 1st round pick for Sam Bradford.

Villain The Foe

I simply don't understand how any team can take a chance on Bradfird at this point.

Talent? Sure he's very talented.

But the injuries in college, the pros, that last one was ridiculous. The defender basically yelled "BOO!" And he was on IR.

I assumed he would be cut, signed for a league minimum and out of football by next year. WTF is going on with teams lined up for him? Something doesn't add up.

Maybe Kelly is trying to drive up his value to con our rookie GM into trading our #6 pick straight up for him.

Bradford will never play 16 games, Mark my words

Teams desperate for QBs are the ones willing to take chances on Bradford. It makes sense, to an extent.

Would I give up a 3rd rounder for Bradford? Yes.

Would I give up a 2nd for Bradford? Hard to say. A late 2nd, yes. A high 2nd and I'd really have to think about it. I would want the doctor's report, my doctor/trainers to check him out, etc.

Would I give up a 1st like Cleveland supposedly would? No. Too much risk to give up that high of a pick.

If Philly wants to trade up for MM then it makes no sense to do the Bradford deal. They gave up more compensation on top of swapping QBs, lowering the overall value they can offer in a trade.

As a Jets fan, if MM falls to 6, I'd take a deal involving Foles and picks for 6th overall. I would not take the same deal swapping Bradford for Foles as I want a reliable QB to compensate losing the right to draft MM, and as much talent and potential Bradford has, he's just not been able to stay healthy up to this point in his career.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Would obviously have been contingent on working out an extension

Like it even matters?

It isn't even a slam dunk to pick him up and give him a new contract if he was a free agent and cost no draft picks, never mind a 1st rounder.

It's not like he's demonstrated he can stay on the field in the first place.

I think Cleveland if they really wanted Mariota has ammunition to move ahead of the Jets, they might fear the jets might want him themselves and move to the two through five picks if Mariota were available., Its all poker now, do not believe anything you hear now.

As rich as giving up 1 of 2 top 20 picks for Bradford may be, giving up 2 top 20 picks for Mariota would be richer, maybe too rich for the Browns.

Mariota dropping to 6 would be one of the most vital 15 mins for this franchise.  One of the toughest choices a GM has to make.

A)  Pick him, and hitch the rebuilding to the QB that may not be ready.  And don't read too much into the calmness about Mariotta now, people will be clamoring for him to start by the third day of rookie camp after he makes 2 completions in a row.  

B)  Pass on a potential franchise QB, and go forward with Geno/Fitz and hope to God he doesn't turn out to be good.   Sure up the LB crew or a WR.  

C)  Trade down with possible offers from multiple teams:  

I think Cleveland would be willing to do 12/19 because they are desperate for a QB.  That team is toxic at this point, and they need a QB to rally around.  Look at the Jags/Raiders.  Both had lousy teams, but a young QB quells the pain and retains optimism for atleast 2 years.  

The Eagles can't be counted out, because as people have said, the Browns offered up that second first round pick.  If Mariotta falls to the Jets, they can trade Bradford to the Browns for 19, then trade 19, 20, and another pick maybe, and pick him up.  I don't think the Eagles are out, I just think they found out that Foles isn't nearly as valued as many assumed, so they traded him in for another asset that may bring back a bigger haul in a flip trade, and then go use that haul to go after Mariotta.  Based on the compensation given up, I'd assume Foles alone was going for 3rd round value (as cheap as he is, he would be in a contract year, so his value is very limited) and by trading for Bradford with him and the 2nd, maybe they feel like the return on Bradford (a first) would be more enticing to a team that may have to take a big tumble from a top 6 pick.  

The wildcard in all this is obviously the Titans.  From what I hear, they want to stick with Mettenberger, and draft defense, but it could get interesting if the Browns get desperate.    

The more I think about this upcoming draft I'm hoping Mariota drops to 6 & we trade out for a bundle of picks.

Take Bryce Petty instead.

Jets with extra picks could take Maybe Beasley, Devonte Adams & you never know could end up with Gurley @ 37.

Could set this franchise up for an epic run.

We finally have teams in the division that can test the Pats. That Buffalo running game will give the Pats defense all they can handle.

Suh & Wake will be looking to crush Brady & if we get an OLB in this draft we will get some heat on him.

Brady will feel his age this year with the defenses he will face in the AFC east.

Heard some talk on sports radio yesterday with a new Chip Kelly/Mariota/Jets conspiracy.  Chip is waiting until draft day to pull the trigger on a Bradford to the Browns deal.  With picks 19 & 20, draft value chart puts them in range to use both picks to move up to #6.

Archived