Sex Drugs and Rock and Role Bloodbath [Experimental]- Rusty Needles Gang Wins!

Lizard King

A couple thoughts on the game design (Liz PMd me a bit for some input once the game started, just wanted to add some balance discussion to the mix):

1--It seemed to be a fun and entertaining game. I liked the creativity and I've seen much worse games in terms of balance.

2--A couple have echoed this, but towns real shot was scum killing each other early. And the SK living longer, as well. I think the first thing to do in a game with this many guns laying around is beef up the SK. Just a one shot vest, IMO. The extra 1 shot kills for scum seemed a bit like overkill, but if you make this a game of landmines it can work. Add a mirror in there, maybe a modified JOAT instead of a town vig. That's of course if you want to have it a role crazy game.

3--naive cop hurts town...but to change directions, maybe a deputy instead helps balance out things with all the shots.

4--I can't recall how quickly the scum vig shots were taken, maybe put a requirement on when it can be taken? You could draw up a theme/flavor to make it work, but that's a lot of work for a mod. Especially in a game as crazy as this one was/could be.

5--Just adding numbers to town (3-4 more members) would help quite a bit, especially coupled with some kill mitigation.

All in all, good first job man, I like the creativity, loved some of the scene writing, and see a lot of potential there.

And all the above may be stupid and far fetched. I'm not DPR or some of the more accomplished mods, I've just done a few -- all of which had wacky setups (which is why I appreciate something different)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lizzie apparently went to the 80 school of Mafia modding.  For inspiration, he must have read the Dexter game thread where JiF was shot at twice and killed, revived, caught up on the game thread, then was killed again in the middle of his catch-up. 

That sounds great

That sounds great

You played in that game, lol.  You were on a scum team with Pac.  You lost because Pac kept killing off SK's, which in the end you needed in order to beat a loaded town. 

So afterwards Pac got to talk trash about his play while still getting blamed for the loss.  It was the most perfect modding experience ever.

Back from my trip.

GG other scum team. Saw you had me pegged as scum due to my vote on Leelou and shot me the same night I left so fair enough.

Setup was balls.

And I mean that in two ways.

I don't think town had any kind of chance except to get extremely lucky.

That said it was a fun theme and had the setup been tweaked a little probably could have been fine.

As far as I know the game was administered fine (aka no mod ****ups) so there's that as well.

Good game Lizzie, it wasn't perfect but it was fun enough and a good first try.

Also I skimmed the argument between Ape and Arsis and agree with Ape. Maybe I missed the finer points but all Ape seemed to be trying to say is that we should try to preserve the kind of trash talking yet respectful community we have. Not many places have both. You either have assholes that are tight on rules and get all passive aggressive or you have assholes who are just assholes. It's very rare to have a community of genuinely good people who can play at being assholes for fun but then come back together over and over, even when there are even sometimes real arguments/disagreements. It's a special thing and worth trying to preserve. I'm pretty sure that's all Ape was getting at and you're just belittling it by calling it emo and neg repping all his posts. Maybe because you know you made an ass of yourself and you feel like it's better to play the blustering idiot and double down on it?

I dunno. If I'm wrong about that feel free to explain how. You can even PM me if you want to.

Back from my trip.

GG other scum team. Saw you had me pegged as scum due to my vote on Leelou and shot me the same night I left so fair enough.

Setup was balls.

And I mean that in two ways.

I don't think town had any kind of chance except to get extremely lucky.

That said it was a fun theme and had the setup been tweaked a little probably could have been fine.

As far as I know the game was administered fine (aka no mod ****ups) so there's that as well.

Good game Lizzie, it wasn't perfect but it was fun enough and a good first try.

Also I skimmed the argument between Ape and Arsis and agree with Ape. Maybe I missed the finer points but all Ape seemed to be trying to say is that we should try to preserve the kind of trash talking yet respectful community we have. Not many places have both. You either have assholes that are tight on rules and get all passive aggressive or you have assholes who are just assholes. It's very rare to have a community of genuinely good people who can play at being assholes for fun but then come back together over and over, even when there are even sometimes real arguments/disagreements. It's a special thing and worth trying to preserve. I'm pretty sure that's all Ape was getting at and you're just belittling it by calling it emo and neg repping all his posts. Maybe because you know you made an ass of yourself and you feel like it's better to play the blustering idiot and double down on it?

I dunno. If I'm wrong about that feel free to explain how. You can even PM me if you want to.

I don't see the problem. Sorry.

Ape didn't like a joke I made. I stopped making those kinds of jokes immediately. He pmed me. I ignored him and moved on to not have an argument with someone I dislike. He made an emo post end game and I neg repped him because it was emo. Had nothing to do with his previous dislike of my joke. How is that damaging to the community? If he cared about the community maybe he shouldn't belittle the people for asking him to participate in it. What do I know? I'm just an a$$hole.

I don't see the problem. Sorry.

Ape didn't like a joke I made. I stopped making those kinds of jokes immediately. He pmed me. I ignored him and moved on to not have an argument with someone I dislike. He made an emo post end game and I neg repped him because it was emo. Had nothing to do with his previous dislike of my joke. How is that damaging to the community? If he cared about the community maybe he shouldn't belittle the people for asking him to participate in it. What do I know? I'm just an a$$hole.

Dunno dude. Like I said I skimmed it.

He didn't seem emo to me. Even if he was though, how does it make sense to ignore the PM so as to not have an argument (really a$$hole move btw) and then neg rep the post? You can say one has nothing to do with the other but it comes off as disingenuous. Like that's just passive aggressive bullsh*t imo. Don't like what he said? ******* say so. I neg rep posts as jokes. If someone says something I don't like and I want to let them know I ******* say something and if I don't want to get into an argument then I just shut the **** up.

Seems like you're just spinning stories to me.

But I don't mean to drag up sh*t that's days old I just wanted to share my 2 cents.

Let's just let it die.

Dunno dude. Like I said I skimmed it.

He didn't seem emo to me. Even if he was though, how does it make sense to ignore the PM so as to not have an argument (really a$$hole move btw) and then neg rep the post? You can say one has nothing to do with the other but it comes off as disingenuous. Like that's just passive aggressive bullsh*t imo. Don't like what he said? ******* say so. I neg rep posts as jokes. If someone says something I don't like and I want to let them know I ******* say something and if I don't want to get into an argument then I just shut the **** up.

Seems like you're just spinning stories to me.

But I don't mean to drag up sh*t that's days old I just wanted to share my 2 cents.

Let's just let it die.

I don't have to respond to people I don't like. How is that an a$$hole move? Don't pm me if we aren't friendly. I don't know him to be trying to talk to me like that.  It died for me before it happened. That's why it's some middle school emo sh*t in my mind. Why would I get so salty he didn't like my joke? He didn't even call me out or anything disrespectful? Makes no sense to me. He's mad I ignored him. Which I find funny. 

• 5 months later...

Archived