Out With Brees Speculation, In With Phillip Rivers Speculation

The Troll

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking back, I can't believe that really happened. Rex can really coach when he has the right players for his system. But I believe Bowles will be very similar.

Peyton in the '09 AFCG couldn't figure out Rex's coverages. He literally had entire drives where he purposely went into a basic single back set over and over again just running the ball just so he could figure out what Rex was doing.

It's a shame the roster fell apart after '11

They can have him. I don't like Rivers. I don't think he is ever going to go to the SB unless he buys a ticket. Has had some very good SD teams and STILL couldn't get past Denver, NE, Baltimore or Pittsburgh in playoffs. Rivers is pure and simple a stats QB who builds great numbers against weak sister teams and early in the season. Good QB but NOT great. No wonder they want Mariota.

They tried to extend him and he turned them down.

Who said that? What are you even talking about? Let me correct myself: You're probably closer to 15 or 20. You're nuts. Rivers is good. He's not multiple first round picks good, especially at age 34. With a new, huge contract. No. Just no. Don't think for a second that the Chargers wouldn't take this offer and run with it if anybody was actually crazy enough to offer them that much. His contract is running up. You'd have to be absolutely stupid to give up your future for a guy who's about to hit free agency anyway. At age 34. Give me a break. I'd love to have him here, he'd make this team a contender. But there's no way in hell I'd pay the Chargers multiple 1st round picks for him.

Oh Jebus...

The Chargers are reportedly sweet on Mariota and have scheduled a private workout with him. Rivers' contract is coming to end after the season. While I don't personally like Rivers, hate him, in fact, he would be a massive upgrade at the QB position and instantly make the Jets a legitimate contender. The biggest obstacle to this scenario would be the Titans, who hold the number two pick and a coach with a massive Rivers boner.

I wouldn't want to lose our #6 overall. We need a game changer with that pick. If we land Rivers... (I'd give up next years 2nd round pick conditionally... if he's still on our roster in 2016 The Bolts get our 2nd, if not it's our 3rd.) ......then I take Shane Ray with our first pick, then offense the rest of the way. Dorsett in the 2nd, Duke Johnson in the 3rd, Nick O'Leary in the 4th/ late 3rd (might have to move up). I'd also consider Jake Long at LT (if he's healthy) and move D'Brick to RT.

I wouldn't want to lose our #6 overall. We need a game changer with that pick. If we land Rivers... (I'd give up next years 2nd round pick conditionally... if he's still on our roster in 2016 The Bolts get our 2nd, if not it's our 3rd.) ......then I take Shane Ray with our first pick, then offense the rest of the way. Dorsett in the 2nd, Duke Johnson in the 3rd, Nick O'Leary in the 4th/ late 3rd (might have to move up). I'd also consider Jake Long at LT (if he's healthy) and move D'Brick to RT.

I love D'Brick, but I've never seen him as a guy who can play RT.  His strength has always been pass blocking...poor fit IMO.

Archived