Floyd Mayweather paying $1k/meal to personal chef/ to beat Pacqiuao

Lizard King

TMZ:

It's a good thing Floyd Mayweather's got a $150 million paycheck in his future ... 'cause he's paying the private chef who's cooking up his meals about $1,000-a-plate!!!

BTW -- 46 days 'til the fight ... 4 meals-per-day (at least) ... we're talking $184k ... and Floyd is more than happy to foot the bill!

The woman behind Floyd's diet is Chef Q ... who's based out of Vegas but will be with Mayweather every step of the way until the fight of the century on May 2nd.

"My daily schedule for Floyd is 'There is no schedule' ... I am here for him anytime. 24 hours, 7 days a week. If he needs me at 3am, I am there cooking up breakfast."

0316-floyd-and-chef-q-TMZ-SPORTS-01

And every single thing Floyd eats is whipped up from scratch -- "He likes everything fresh. Nothing from bottles or cans because they have different preservatives that are not healthy for your body."

So, what does Floyd eat?

"His favorite dish is spaghetti or tacos," Chef Q says ... but for the Pacquiao fight, he'll be focusing on high-levels of protein with no carbs -- turkey, chicken, beef and fish ... NO PORK!

"Also, we are really big on juicing right now. So if Floyd wants something to drink, it's juiced through organic fruits."

One big problem for Floyd is his notorious penchant for fast food ... HE LOVES IT.

But Chef Q says he's essentially cut it out of his life ... including his beloved Fatburger -- that's how serious he is about beating Manny.

"He's always been mindful of what he eats but there is something different about this fight."

As for the $1,000-a-plate price tag ... Chef says she usually doesn't charge that high of a rate, but Floyd "felt my dishes were worth that much."

I'm not sure how this is news, he's been paying out the ass for a personal chef for a while now. Cutting out the fast food had to happen some time, Floyd's a genetic freak but that level of metabolism can't hold up forever. 38-years-old and going into the biggest fight of your career seems like a good start.

BTW, little known fact but the no pork thing is legit for fighters. Origin of cutting it out for training goes back to Jack Dempsey, who set a standard for dieting during his prime that is still followed by tons of boxers even today. The thinking is that pork tends to be the highest risk meat regarding viruses and diseases, and boxers can't afford to gamble with their stomachs or intestines during training (ditto for shellfish). Even in today's game, older guys like Hopkins and Mosley credit cutting out pork for helping them last so long.

I'm not sure how this is news, he's been paying out the ass for a personal chef for a while now. Cutting out the fast food had to happen some time, Floyd's a genetic freak but that level of metabolism can't hold up forever. 38-years-old and going into the biggest fight of your career seems like a good start.

BTW, little known fact but the no pork thing is legit for fighters. Origin of cutting it out for training goes back to Jack Dempsey, who set a standard for dieting during his prime that is still followed by tons of boxers even today. The thinking is that pork tends to be the highest risk meat regarding viruses and diseases, and boxers can't afford to gamble with their stomachs or intestines during training (ditto for shellfish). Even in today's game, older guys like Hopkins and Mosley credit cutting out pork for helping them last so long.

Mickey once told Rocky that women weaken legs. Is that true?

Archived