2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF? Scherff?  So much for this mock being somewhat legit.

OK  this mock is already ruined.  Thanks for that.  Now it's a waste of time Until we get past the legit place where Scherff would have gone.. around picks  7-12.

Can we please do a serious mock when we start up the next one?  Or else allow trading at least in the first 2 rounds.  

Everyone f-ing knows that Tampa is going Winston.  geez.

Had Tampa selected Winston as will likely be the case unless they trade out, I would have had Tennessee pick Mariota at #2.  Mettenberger has injury issues and even though Tennessee likes him, Mettenberger/Whitehurst is no way to enter the season.  Mariota would have been ideal to hold the clipboard while Mettenberger plays for a year or two more and then becomes trade bait.  Mettenberger, who has back issues, shoulder issues and missed a whole season in college with a knee, gets injured again, and you know he will, Mariota would be there to take his place.  

Well in this mock it will be Winston instead of Mariota for Tennessee.  Wisenhunt would have had an porgasm if Scherff was picked first.

Oakland fills a serious need at WR. Gives Carr long term target who can stretch the field. Prototypical WR size with elite speed. White over Cooper, even though it was a toss up I prefer White.

Pretty sure it will come down to Cooper or White for the Raiders at 4.  I agree with you on White over Cooper.

Then you did the right thing. Schreff wasnt going to be available in the 2nd round which means that you drafted a 1st round talent. It would have been cool to be able to trade though. Maybe next year. 

Let's make this draft 4 rounds and then do another one that allows trades, at least for the first 3 - 4 rounds.  Sure it takes more time, but why are we in a rush?  I'm interested in a more realistic mock, to be honest.  For those that say it's a mess, I've done them before and they are fine. You just need patience and a moderator willing to keep track and update the lists accurately.  Without that, it would be a mess.   It's March 18th.  We have over a month till the draft. no hurry.

WTF? Scherff?  So much for this mock being somewhat legit.

OK  this mock is already ruined.  Thanks for that.  Now it's a waste of time Until we get past the legit place where Scherff would have gone.. around picks  7-12.

Can we please do a serious mock when we start up the next one?  Or else allow trading at least in the first 2 rounds.  

Everyone f-ing knows that Tampa is going Winston.  geez.

This is false, it is very likely that they will take him but if they don't it will have an affect just like it has had on you, people running around wailing and waiving their arms and yes indeed it will screw up every single mock draft in existence.  As a gm of your teams you should be happy to make the picks you did.

This is false, it is very likely that they will take him but if they don't it will have an affect just like it has had on you, people running around wailing and waiving their arms and yes indeed it will screw up every single mock draft in existence.  As a gm of your teams you should be happy to make the picks you did.

if Tampa wants Scherff, they will trade out of the #1.  Which is why doing this without trades is just stupid and kinda ruins it. A team that needs/wants Winston will gladly move into that spot and afford Tampa many more picks.  

Scherff is a top 10 pick..probably. Hopefully this will all balance out soon enough.  The GM decided Winston's off field stuff was too bad and Mariotta is not ready and moved on.  

No trades so nothing he could do but he is happy with his pick.

WTF? Scherff? So much for this mock being somewhat legit.

OK this mock is already ruined. Thanks for that. Now it's a waste of time Until we get past the legit place where Scherff would have gone.. around picks 7-12.

Can we please do a serious mock when we start up the next one? Or else allow trading at least in the first 2 rounds.

Everyone f-ing knows that Tampa is going Winston. geez.

Suck balls. We had to wait three hours for your picks.

if Tampa wants Scherff, they will trade out of the #1.  Which is why doing this without trades is just stupid and kinda ruins it. A team that needs/wants Winston will gladly move into that spot and afford Tampa many more picks.  

Then you should have stepped aside and not gone into the draft if you were not prepared for the inevitable few picks that are not thought of as the norm.  In these drafts there are ALWAYS picks that most people will disagree with or feel are bad.  move on and make your picks.

If you'd like to take the Cowboys from me, you're welcome to. The more the merrier.

That's very cool of you, and we'd love to have NYJetsVets in again this year, but the first vacated slot has to be offered to that other dude who wanted in last night.

Suck balls. We had to wait three hours for your picks.

so what?

there's a 4 hour limit and some people occasionally have meetings with clients during the day.  

WTF are you moderating this anyway?  You clearly don't enjoy it.  Let someone else do it who actually wants to do it.

If you'd like to take the Cowboys from me, you're welcome to. The more the merrier.

That's very cool of you, and we'd love to have NYJetsVets in again this year, but the first vacated slot has to be offered to that other dude who wanted in last night.

Let me know... I'm here if he doesn't step in.

And I have zero PMs from you other guys informing me that the next man up has been PMed.

no need, genius.  Pick #4 was immediately made after pick 3, so there was no need.  Are you going to be a douche the entire mock?

so what?

there's a 4 hour limit and some people occasionally have meetings with clients during the day.

WTF are you moderating this anyway? You clearly don't enjoy it. Let someone else do it who actually wants to do it.

Short answer: nobody else wanted to it. If you're going to be a douche, then step aside. You're the one who's ruining this thing. You.

Then you should have stepped aside and not gone into the draft if you were not prepared for the inevitable few picks that are not thought of as the norm.  In these drafts there are ALWAYS picks that most people will disagree with or feel are bad.  move on and make your picks.

I did.  And this thread is for commentary.  If you don't like the negative commentary then what can I say?  Don't read it.   When organizing the mock trades were requested but shot down with little logic.  And now you see the result.  an unlikely, unrealistic beginning to round 1.  Enjoy.

Dude asks for the second and third picks in a mock draft in March, shows up three hours late, then complains about another dude's pick and the fact that there are no traiiiiiids.

I showed up 3 hours late?  You really do have your head up your ass.  Try reading the suggestions to make the mock better.  You might learn something.

Sure, offer it up regardless. Took two when it looked like we'd have limited volunteers. I'd rather get more people involved if they're interested!

Beerfish was cool enough to offer you Miami. I'll offer the Cowboys to that other guy.

Oh hey, Dcat has decided to forfeit the Titans and Jags. I'll make an announcement in a little bit as to whom we'll be giving those picks to from here on out.

Nice. Thanks guys, I appreciate it... I'll pick up either of those if no one else wants em.

Archived