Milliner to be traded?

DaBallhawk

smh, you're one of those guys eh, never wrong? In todays NFL CB/safetys in many cases, see Gilchrist are interchangable.

OK, I got u figured out,,, carry on. Bleed Green.

What does that have to do with anything? Your claim is just ridiculous. Keep hoping for that 6 CB formation next season, I'm sure we'll play it a lot...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference I see is that even a so-so (or worse) CB makes twice what a so-so safety makes. There's more demand, even if Barron was taken at #7. On your site, I'm just doing a cursory look at the positional salaries. The #32 paid CB is on around a $5M/year contract. The #32 safety about half that. I just think teams view the position as more crucial. We just paid a player to be our #3/nickel CB over $6M/year. 

If some team thinks they still see something in Milliner I expect the bidding to be heavier. While Milliner has the injury from last year (and some from prior) with both bad and good results, despite the claims it was all bad, I don't know if that means Milliner carries the same or less weight than a safety who did play and sucked (even before any hammy problems).

I think they're shopping him but aren't trying to be overt in the endeavor just in case they get only crappy offers they can say they wanted to keep him all along.

Spermy! I saw you were conversatin' with Jason... did you ask him about that NE compensatory pick for Revis question.

How they can get a comp pick if they did not pick up his 2015 option? Basically, they released him= FA

Spermy! I saw you were conversatin' with Jason... did you ask him about that NE compensatory pick for Revis question.

How they can get a comp pick if they did not pick up his 2015 option? Basically, they released him= FA

Yeah I sent him a PM, but only sent it here. He's running that whole site over there and it's probably been pretty busy in the first 2 weeks of free agency, so I don't think he's logged back onto JN much.

Either that or he suddenly hates me now and is giving me the silent treatment, lol. 

I still think they wouldn't get a comp pick for Revis next year. The affirmative act was releasing him, not failing to extend him. Left alone with no affirmative act, Revis was under contract with NE for the 2015 season. He had a 2 year $32M contract. And it's no accident; everyone knows $16M per season had long been Revis's magic number.

Likewise, I wouldn't expect us to get credit for not exercising an option on Chris Johnson, which is why even though his option wasn't exercised by the Jets, he wasn't officially available until the beginning of the new league year.

Archived