Interesting 1st Round Mock Draft from Rant Sports...

JetBlue

It is of the slideshow variety so I can't post it here.  

Key points I took from it was us taking Gregory at 6. (which I personally would be okay with)

Mariota going to Tenn at 2

White to Oakland at 4

Cooper to Chicago at 6

Biggest surprises:

DGB to the Rams at 10

Fowler to the Saints at 13

Dupree to San Diego at 17

Funchess to Cleveland at 19

Beasley to Cowboys at 27

Here is the link: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/03/06/2015-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-pre-free-agency-edition/?utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=timely&utm_term=Title2&utm_content=nbcsports-sny-jetsblog

Gregory is one player I would be legit upset if they drafted. I just don't see his game translating to the next level.

Why is that?  Didn't play both standing up and in a 3 point stance? Is it because he is so tall and rangy?  I am not saying I favor him but just wondering why so many are against him yet he is constantly listed as a top 10 and even top 5 pick. 

Why is that? Didn't play both standing up and in a 3 point stance? Is it because he is so tall and rangy? I am not saying I favor him but just wondering why so many are against him yet he is constantly listed as a top 10 and even top 5 pick.

Not big enough, not strong enough. Seems like a good edge rusher but only probably that. Not good against the run. One trick pony. Not an every down player. I just don't see him as a fit for what the Jets want to do on defense. He compares to the Bills bust we brought in and Rex tried to fix him but failed, Aaron Maybin. No thanks.

Not big enough, not strong enough. Seems like a good edge rusher but only probably that. Not good against the run. One trick pony. Not an every down player. I just don't see him as a fit for what the Jets want to do on defense. He compares to the Bills bust we brought in and Rex tried to fix him but failed, Aaron Maybin. No thanks.

I see Chandler Jones. What do the jets want to do on defense, that he can not do? I thought he looked good in LB drills. Besides Dupree none of these guys realy played LB in college.   

A wr for the pats? what universe does he live in?  The pats have needs at corner, DT and G. They just added Chandler, Dobson is coming off IR and Amendola actually made it thru 19 games without going on IR. 

I see Chandler Jones. What do the jets want to do on defense, that he can not do? I thought he looked good in LB drills. Besides Dupree none of these guys realy played LB in college.   

A wr for the pats? what universe does he live in?  The pats have needs at corner, DT and G. They just added Chandler, Dobson is coming off IR and Amendola actually made it thru 19 games without going on IR. 

I gotta agree with you. I don't understand the Gregory hate.  I think he has a lot of upside and considering he would be playing with our DLine, I can't see how he would bust; be interesting to see what Bowles could do with him. 

6'5 245 is not big enough?  He can get stronger and looks more like a linebacker than Ray, Dupree or Fowler to me who really are defensive ends.  

It is of the slideshow variety so I can't post it here.  

Key points I took from it was us taking Gregory at 6. (which I personally would be okay with)

Mariota going to Tenn at 2

White to Oakland at 4

Cooper to Chicago at 6

Biggest surprises:

DGB to the Rams at 10

Fowler to the Saints at 13

Dupree to San Diego at 17

Funchess to Cleveland at 19

Beasley to Cowboys at 27

Here is the link: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/03/06/2015-nfl-mock-draft-full-first-round-pre-free-agency-edition/?utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=timely&utm_term=Title2&utm_content=nbcsports-sny-jetsblog

I'd be shocked if Beasley last to #27.

Big in a sense of thick. He's too thin. He gets eaten alive in the run game by bigger guys.

Okay but he looks like he can get stronger.  I understand your point; I have to watch more film on him....

Archived