What players do you NOT want the Jets to pick...

Beerfish

List 3 or 4.

Randy Gregory - I think he is going to be the big pass rush bust.  Head tackles, most of his pressure comes from the outside.

Brandon Scherff - The guy is a guard and unless we trade back deep I don't want him,  He doesn't even have the kind of buzz the guards that went early last year had.

Brett Hundley - Just overall not that impressed with the guy, would rather have other 2nd tier QB's if we go that route,

Devon Funchess - Tweener kind of player who will end up not being great either at WR or TE.

List 3 or 4.

Randy Gregory - I think he is going to be the big pass rush bust.  Head tackles, most of his pressure comes from the outside.

Brandon Scherff - The guy is a guard and unless we trade back deep I don't want him,  He doesn't even have the kind of buzz the guards that went early last year had.

Brett Hundley - Just overall not that impressed with the guy, would rather have other 2nd tier QB's if we go that route,

Devon Funchess - Tweener kind of player who will end up not being great either at WR or TE.

Think you are wrong about Funchess. If he goes to the right team and system he is going to be a match up nightmare. 

List 3 or 4.

Great list. Mariota and Hundley I go back and forth on. I feel like Chan could have success with QBs like them based on what he did with Slash back in the day. But they both scare me.

Devin Smith makes me nervous and Ameer Abdullah too....fumbler.

Shane Ray after his proday, looks very stiff, limited length, tweener, not athletically elite

Vic Beasley- Gholston like workout warrior but at least he hustles

Randy Gregory reminds me of Dion Jordan a bit, but this kid can really bend, his circle runs were impressive. After Dante Fowler Jr, he's actually my second pass rusher but he def could bust.

Winston- red flags all over, u can't have a Dez Bryant IQ and maturity at the QB position

Get used to mariota, guys. If he's there at 6, he's the pick. Only explanation for the Jets being so outwardly uninterested is that they want him. Otherwise, they'd be trying to force him into the top 5 ("if you want mariota, you'll have to trade ahead of us to get him") so the players they'd prefer are more likely to drop.

It's all so clear

In terms of picks, the do not draft list depends on the pick.  A guy I don't want at 6 is perfectly fine at Round 2 value, IMO. 

At 6, I'd say anyone except QB, WR, LB.   Of the LBs, I want to avoid Dupree (maybe still a bad taste from Roberson "dominating" at Kentucky I guess), and Gregory now with the drug allegations.  

Mariotta, Cooper/Parker/White (although I'm not sold on White as a lot of others), Beasely, Fowler.  One of those, and I'm happy.  Hopefully, we have a few choices with Winston, Williams gone.  

For the second round pick, avoid Funchess for sure, any safety, and any TE.  

Reading this thread I guess we should trade the pick because it seems that no one we pick will be acceptable; regardless of who we pick there are no guarantees. If you look hard enough you can find something wrong with every player in this draft.  I know our GM will do their diligence and I hope they gets it right.  

Did you see that garbage mock on espn? The media has gotten over its infatuation with the jets drafting their latest bust qb and now want us to draft the next OLB who isn't worth sh-t

Gregory on the right team is going to be a stud.  I can't see him at 6 obviously but don't get it twisted; the guy can play. 

Gregory on the right team is going to be a stud. I can't see him at 6 obviously but don't get it twisted; the guy can play.

Is being a stud failing a drug test you knew about months in advance and getting a whopping 7 sacks your last year at Nebraska?

Is being a stud failing a drug test you knew about months in advance and getting a whopping 7 sacks your last year at Nebraska?

He might be a dummy, that i will agree...but he will be the better player out of Ray, Fowler, Dupree, and Beasley.

Nebraska scheme had him playing run containment a lot. A lot A lot.

While the others (not sure about Ray tho) were free to rush going mostly off of cadence (guessing the snap) and the actual ball snap, Gregory was asked to stay at home and play the Tackles.

He is the best of the bunch...bank on it.

He might be a dummy, that i will agree...but he will be the better player out of Ray, Fowler, Dupree, and Beasley.

While the others (not sure about Ray tho) were free to rush going mostly off of cadence (guessing the snap) and the actual ball snap, Gregory was asked to stay at home and play the Tackles.

I am beginning to agree with this. I think Bowles can do alot with him because of his versatility.    I know everyone feels he is a boom or bust prospect but I think he is more likely to boom (in the right system) then bust. 

I'd rather bank on him not being a good player just like the rest of these Olb's everyone is orgasm'ing over

No way in everliving fcuk do I draft at 6 a boom or bust player already in the substance abuse program. He is off the board until the third at least.

I disagree with the reasoning and would still take Dupree at 6, but Gregory might be my favorite in the bunch. He's a steal waiting to happen.

Archived