What players do you NOT want the Jets to pick...

Beerfish

No way in everliving fcuk do I draft at 6 a boom or bust player already in the substance abuse program. He is off the board until the third at least.

For the record, I never said Gregory is the pick at 6....just that he'll be the better player than The others if a flies right.

No way in everliving fcuk do I draft at 6 a boom or bust player already in the substance abuse program. He is off the board until the third at least.

For the record, I never said Gregory is the pick at 6....just that he'll be the better player than The others if a flies right.

He might be a dummy, that i will agree...but he will be the better player out of Ray, Fowler, Dupree, and Beasley.

Nebraska scheme had him playing run containment a lot. A lot A lot.

While the others (not sure about Ray tho) were free to rush going mostly off of cadence (guessing the snap) and the actual ball snap, Gregory was asked to stay at home and play the Tackles.

He is the best of the bunch...bank on it.

Sorry - I'm a Nebraska fan and even I don't think Gregory is going to be very good - not sure what people see in him to consider drafting him so high.

Sorry - I'm a Nebraska fan and even I don't think Gregory is going to be very good - not sure what people see in him to consider drafting him so high.

I am a football fan and I know that that kid has no strength at the POA. I could careless how fast he runs or how well his hips rock .

Dear Nebraska Fan,

I Hate You.

Sincerely,

UM Fan

Didn't see the positive Gregory posts in this thread before I posted in the other thread - have to say I totally agree with them - and he's actually surprisingly good against the run. I would be happy with him at 6, I'd be even happier if we traded down and picked him up later on in the mid first or whatever because of his positive test. 

As for players I would not like: Mariota, Ray, any of the O linemen (just because they would be reaches at 6), and obviously any CBs or DLinemen (unless Williams falls) just because we are stacked at those positions already.

Didn't see the positive Gregory posts in this thread before I posted in the other thread - have to say I totally agree with them - and he's actually surprisingly good against the run. I would be happy with him at 6, I'd be even happier if we traded down and picked him up later on in the mid first or whatever because of his positive test. 

As for players I would not like: Mariota, Ray, any of the O linemen (just because they would be reaches at 6), and obviously any CBs or DLinemen (unless Williams falls) just because we are stacked at those positions already.

Gregory is a huge red flag with the pot....but at least you'd be getting a 3 down player at 6, which I dont think Beasley is. 

Gregory is a huge red flag with the pot....but at least you'd be getting a 3 down player at 6, which I dont think Beasley is. 

TBH I don't think Beasley is in the picture at 6, well I hope not anyway.

bb.jpg

Hell, I'll even take him before I take Hundley with a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I want the Jets to trade down from 6 so bad it  hurts thinking about it. We need a pick in the 5th or 6th round so we can take one of these QBs . My top 4 haven't changed since February.  Winston, Marriota, Grayson and Mannion . I don't want to take Mannion in the 4th but I will if we don't acquire a 5th round pick.

Shane Ray after his proday, looks very stiff, limited length, tweener, not athletically elite

Vic Beasley- Gholston like workout warrior but at least he hustles

Randy Gregory reminds me of Dion Jordan a bit, but this kid can really bend, his circle runs were impressive. After Dante Fowler Jr, he's actually my second pass rusher but he def could bust.

Winston- red flags all over, u can't have a Dez Bryant IQ and maturity at the QB position

Totally disagree. So you base all of this on his pro day. Watch the games. Gregory did not hustle this year and looks like a bust. Beasley first step is fantastic and Ray is a warrior. Winston with money in his pocket is scary. NFL start to worry about this kid when he comes to the NFL.

Two weeks out from the draft - My list of 6 in order:

Marcus Mariota

Dante Fowler Jr.

Kevin White

Amari Cooper

Vic Beasley

Jameis Winston

This is the same as my wish list for 6 so I hope thats what you ment. 

With Winston and Mariorta going 1 - 2 the Jets should get whats left of Fowler, White, Williams, Cooper.    

Want no part of Randy Gregory. 

Are these players you like or don't want the Jets to take ?

Who I want-

The only two guys on the list that don't make me nervous are Fowler and Cooper.

White had one good year and comes from what I consider a very "un-academic" program (but seems like a smart enough guy)

Winston - I don't trust at all

Mariota - don't love his accuracy and didn't need to anticipate open in college

Beasley - could easily just be a workout warrior

I wish Gurley had stayed healthy so we knew exactly what we would be getting.

Who I want-

The only two guys on the list that don't make me nervous are Fowler and Cooper.

White had one good year and comes from what I consider a very "un-academic" program (but seems like a smart enough guy)

Winston - I don't trust at all

Mariota - don't love his accuracy and didn't need to anticipate open in college

Beasley - could easily just be a workout warrior

I wish Gurley had stayed healthy so we knew exactly what we would be getting.

If Gurley stayed healthy, you might not have that option.

When was the last time you saw a RB the caliber of Gurley ?

Never answer a question with a question... this is not sales or court, lol.  Seriously I guess that would be Adrian Peterson or maybe Darren McFadden.  Alot has changed since then but I get your point.

Never answer a question with a question... this is not sales or court, lol.  Seriously I guess that would be Adrian Peterson or maybe Darren McFadden.  Alot has changed since then but I get your point.

I was never a fan of McFadden

P.S.

I wasn't a fan of Reggie Bush either.

I was never a fan of McFadden

P.S.

I wasn't a fan of Reggie Bush either.

And you were right not to be.  I thought Bush would be the second coming of Marshall Faulk; He has had a decent career but not close to hall of fame caliber.  I will admit I did want McFadden to fall to us that year; he couldn't have possibly sucked for us worse than Gholston. 

Archived