Last two weeks with Idzik as GM

frankiepapa

So tomorrow is two weeks since the Marshall trade which preceded the flurry of free agent acquisitions...

Had Idzick not gotten fired...what does our roster look like today?

He would have had to spend $.  Not sure he could have gotten the Revis deal done, his ego would have gotten in the way.

Harris too...not sure he would have given him that $.

Those aren't bad things but what you are left with is what we had, more cap space and a roster lacking talent.

So tomorrow is two weeks since the Marshall trade which preceded the flurry of free agent acquisitions...

I say probably would have signed Maxwell. I agree with Max ego would've got in the way for Cro or Revis

We'd still have no cornerbacks, Percy Harvin would still be on the team, and lots of cap room. Also, like he did with Cro, he would have let Harris walk and replace him with a washed up scrub like Curtis Lofton and tell Woody that everything's fine at the middle linebacker position.

I hope Idziot didn't let the door hit is ass on the way out of Florham Park.

Well.. since the guy did trade for Ivory and Harvin and sign Decker, I'd say that we probably keep Harvin and do not make a move for Marshall. We do sign some CBs, but neither Revis or Cro. We'd probably spread the money around a bit, maybe bring in a RB or OLB as well as some OL help. 

If Rex was still the HC then Idzik would have lowball every FA and go into the season with a 70 Million in cap space. If Rex was a goner then he would have spend every cent. Thanks God his plan backfired on his azz.

The real problem would have been the next 2 weeks

Oh my god that god damn draft last year- that's the #1 reason that John Idzik lost his job. It was a travesty. 4-12, an owner and a fan base can get over it as long as there is hope, young promising talent that promise a brighter tomorrow. Swing/miss.

1)  He would've camped outside the courthouse for Greg Hardy, used some of our camp savings to keep the witness quiet and sign him to a 3 year deal.  

2)  Scoured the IR for our next starters. 

3)  Let Harris walk, and no Revis/Cro (I don't think they would come back even if he was interested). 

4)  Signed Percy Harvin to an extension.  

5)  Would bring in Carpenter, his boys from Seattle.

6)  Definitely would've hired Quinn over Bowles.  

7)  No Marshall, would be playing contract limbo with Crabtree/Stevie Johnson/Moore 

8)  Probably made the local NJ billboard owners happy. 

Archived