Sam Bradford

Nick Foles

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin III

Russel Wilson

Kirk Cousins

Case Keenum

Christian Ponder

Maybe they believe there will be a shot at one of these guys, and will go one year to see what Fitz and Geno can do, and hope they can either land one of these guys, or look at trading a huge amount of picks to move up in the draft to go after someone like Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, or Hackenburg out of Penn State.

Majority will get franchised or extensions. Maybe a guy like Cousins ends up becoming a FA because Washington won't be able to pay him plus RG3, plus I'm guessing he'll want a chance to be a starter (unless Gruden does just that this year, which in turn would probably make RG3 available).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Luck and Wilson are the only ones on there that are worth a look and neither are going anywhere. Our only hope is the draft.

At least we'll have a top 10 pick.

There is no way in hell the Jets will be picking in the top 10 next year! Book it!

Dude, lighten up, have you taken a good look at our schedule?

Jets have a chance to have one of the greatest turnarounds next year.

Happens every year in the NFL.

You think about the term franchise QB and I was thinking. "How many of them are there in the league?"

Brady

Manning 1

Manning 2

Big Ben

Rodgers

Brees

Luck

These are the only 7 consistent ones that I can think of.

The next tier would be Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Wilson, etc.

So in essence, out of 32 teams, 7 have franchise QBs IMO.

Those are bad odds.

You think about the term franchise QB and I was thinking. "How many of them are there in the league?"

Brady

Manning 1

Manning 2

Big Ben

Rodgers

Brees

Luck

These are the only 7 consistent ones that I can think of.

The next tier would be Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Wilson, etc.

So in essence, out of 32 teams, 7 have franchise QBs IMO.

Those are bad odds.

I would add rivers to that first group. Not sure if Dalton is in the second or a potential third group.

But the point remains. It is hard to find a good, let alone great, qb. Thus why it might be heard to pass on mariotta if he is there because there is potential.

Let's pray that Geno starts to figure it out, and becomes a slightly below average QB. Add Copper in the draft and there is too much WR talent for most teams to cover well. Eventually geno will hit a few wide open guys with good YAC. I could see a 18/15 type year. Stout D limits turnover damage and we become a 9-10 win team.

Geno will not beat out Fitzpatrick. I think any reference to Geno is moot.

I would add rivers to that first group. Not sure if Dalton is in the second or a potential third group.

But the point remains. It is hard to find a good, let alone great, qb. Thus why it might be heard to pass on mariotta if he is there because there is potential.

I did forget Rivers. He would probably be on the 1 tier as well. That makes 8 of 32 or 25% of the teams in the NFL have a true franchise star QB right now

Why?

2016 Free Agent QB's

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Cam Newton

Sam Bradford

Nick Foles

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin III

Russel Wilson

Kirk Cousins

Case Keenum

Christian Ponder

Maybe they believe there will be a shot at one of these guys, and will go one year to see what Fitz and Geno can do, and hope they can either land one of these guys, or look at trading a huge amount of picks to move up in the draft to go after someone like Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, or Hackenburg out of Penn State.

None of the good QBs from that list are hitting FA next year.  Not addressing a position because of next year's FA class or the 2016 draft is foolish.  

Outside of injury, the only ways any of these guys are going to be available through free agency is if they suck or if their team already has drafted someone even better. If it's the latter, odds are that the QB being displaced is the former. Rarely there is a Luck/Manning or Rivers/Brees situation where the older guy is allowed to fully hit free agency, but that's not something to count on happening. 

Eli, Rivers, Newton, and Luck aren't going to hit free agency. If they can't get a deal done - a big if - they'll be tagged as exclusive rights FAs. If healthy and a contract can't be agreed upon, the only one I can imagine is Rivers because of the Bolts' general uncertainty (anxiety of which is likely to be remedied by then anyway).  But even he wouldn't simply allowed to hit free agency.

A possibility of any of the rest of them is not remotely worth the team pushing long-term QB plans off to 2016. 

I'm sure we'll draft someone round 4 or sooner (likely sooner). If he stinks then, with regards to who's available to us next year, we'll see what happens when it happens.

I beg to differ on this topic.  Every year, there's a QB on a team's roster who finished the prior year either on the practice Squad, as the primary backup or both. It should be the Job of the GM and coaching staff to improve upon the back end of the roster.  Are you guys telling me that you can't find a QB prospect to upgrade the position better than Matt Simms. 

I know I can.

Why?

2016 Free Agent QB's

Eli Manning

Philip Rivers

Cam Newton

Sam Bradford

Nick Foles

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin III

Russel Wilson

Kirk Cousins

Case Keenum

Christian Ponder

I have zero interest in any of these QBs... eli manning ???

Hackenberg is more overrated than anyone coming out of college 

Then why do you watch & spend so much time on a Jets site?

I don't get it. Why be so miserable?

It's called being a fan of a sh*tty team.

I don't get all happy and think we're a playoff/SB team every time we get a new HC, GM, QB etc. Every 3 to 5 years there's new people in the organization and it's the same outcome. sh*t.

It's called being a fan of a sh*tty team.

I don't get all happy and think we're a playoff/SB team every time we get a new HC, GM, QB etc. Every 3 to 5 years there's new people in the organization and it's the same outcome. sh*t.

Can't do much about the owner being sh*tty.  Just have to pray the influence of Wolf and Casserly helped Woody make the right calls this time around.

You would ignore the QB position this year if you are just not sold on any one guy.  If you are not sold on Mariota being a premier QB, then you pass him up, go with what you have, and see what happens.  You then look at the next years crop of FA's and the draft, and see what you can do.

I'm feeling really optimistic about this team & Mac & Bowles.

I like a quiet confident coach.

Mac seems pretty sharp in all the interviews I see. But the main thing that gets me excited is that it seems like the 1st time this team has everyone going in the same directions instead of just THROWING a bunch of guys together that have "names".

Sans injury it's is not going to be easy to score on our defense. Those 15 play drives we saw last year will NOT HAPPEN next year with the secondary Mac put together.

I think Chan can really help Geno.

I'm feeling really optimistic about this team & Mac & Bowles.

I like a quiet confident coach.

Mac seems pretty sharp in all the interviews I see. But the main thing that gets me excited is that it seems like the 1st time this team has everyone going in the same directions instead of just THROWING a bunch of guys together that have "names".

Sans injury it's is not going to be easy to score on our defense. Those 15 play drives we saw last year will NOT HAPPEN next year with the secondary Mac put together.

I think Chan can really help Geno.

It's not the 1st time, we had it once before when Parcells left and Bradway and Herm took over.

Archived