The GREEN Beckham in New York

Jetsmanjb

Dorial Green Beckham would really complete our receiving corps this year.  I don't think there is a secondary out there that would be capable of covering Decker, Marshall, and Dorial Green Beckham.  We need a GREEN odell beckham for the Jets to have- lets get it done.  

Sheldon Richardson would be so hyped to get another mizzou alumni on the team.  

If he's there in the 4th, I say do it. Otherwise other positions have higher priority and paucity than WR in this draft and the CURRENT depth chart thus far:

Decker

Marshall

Kerley

Shaq Evans

Quincy Enunwa

Chris Owusu

TJ Graham

Why do we have Walter Powell again?

TE Jace Amaro

AND Powell out of the backfield

DGB would never see the field.

If he's there in the 4th, I say do it. Otherwise other positions have higher priority and paucity than WR in this draft and the CURRENT depth chart thus far:

Decker

Marshall

Kerley

Shaq Evans

Quincy Enunwa

Chris Owusu

TJ Graham

TE Jace Amaro

Let's not kid ourselves. We got three WR's Decker, Kerley, Marshall. After that I will believe anyone does exist it they impress in training camp, pre-season and carry that to regular season.

I was always concerned about Shaq Evans hands and concentration. Enunwa may become a player. Owusu and Graham are good training camp fodder till they do something spectacular.

In a WR rich draft the JETS have to draft someone in the first 4 rounds. Not saying it has to be Beckham but the need is there.

Let's not kid ourselves. We got three WR's Decker, Kerley, Marshall. After that I will believe anyone does exist it they impress in training camp, pre-season and carry that to regular season.

I was always concerned about Shaq Evans hands and concentration. Enunwa may become a player. Owusu and Graham are good training camp fodder till they do something spectacular.

In a WR rich draft the JETS have to draft someone in the first 4 rounds. Not saying it has to be Beckham but the need is there.

So where exactly do we disagree and "kid ourselves?"

All those "fodder" guys can/will produce as much if not more than a rookie WR selected in the 2nd or 3-5th round. No way jets pick a WR in the 1st @#6 unless they trade back and Cooper or White have a RandyMoss-esque draft day plummet. There's already a fair amount invested in $ & bodies in that position now. I agree we need to draft a WR but its not as much of high priority in comparison to other positions. Your concerns are valid, but tell me what team has a STUD #4 WR? We have a solid WR triumvirate to compete with most in the NFL, address other needs first.

If we trade back in the first and grab another 2nd rounder, you absolutely have the pull the trigger as our 3rd overall pick. Dude is a monster and gives us a long-term, cheap option after Bmarsh is done. 

This is after grabbing an OLB and OL.

Agree 100%

DGB is a luxury pick at this current point in time. Those positions you cite are still lacking and can be immediately remedied with this draft if addressed early. The same argument to draft WR because of the incumbents' age, a stronger & identical argument can be made for OLine and replacing Brick, Nick, & Breno

Dorial Green Beckham would really complete our receiving corps this year. I don't think there is a secondary out there that would be capable of covering Decker, Marshall, and Dorial Green Beckham. We need a GREEN odell beckham for the Jets to have- lets get it done.

Agree 100%

I like the Marshall signing but with his age and his injury problems last year I would have no problem if Cooper or White was the pick at 6. I know we need a pass rusher but if it come s down to White, Cooper, Ray or Gregorey I am going with one of the WR's. I can see if Fowler is there at 6 we go Fowler. I like DGB besides his off the field issues but i dont see him making it to the second, i see some Mock drafts have him going to Miami as they only have 2 WR's, unless trader Mike makes a move up for Parker or Cooper which wouldnt suprise me.

Dorial Green Beckham would really complete our receiving corps this year.  I don't think there is a secondary out there that would be capable of covering Decker, Marshall, and Dorial Green Beckham.  We need a GREEN odell beckham for the Jets to have- lets get it done.  

Mizzou alumni?  This kid wasn't exactly the guy Missouri is putting on their brochures.  He is coming out as a Sooner even though he never played there.

I mean come on, who of us hasn't thrown a woman down a flight of stairs? Raise your hand if you haven't been there.

"I'm not saying he should have killed her, but I understand."

All for taking a WR wherever the value presents itself. You don't only draft a WR the year you need a starter. Even top 5-10 picks usually take a season or two before they develop into what you hoped they would. Lastly, NFL pllayers sometimes get injured.

Not saying Beckham is our guy (never saw him play) but if he becomes all that and reaches his potential as an NFLer, I wouldn't want to say we were better off drafting a guard or fututre RT because we once had good depth on paper.

When people look back at our lack of WRs taken earlier they conveniently forget the reason is because our then-present WR depth was good (or thought to be good) over the years with Coles McCareins Cotchery Moss Chrebet Braylon Holmes (and Keller effectively as a pure receiver no matter where it was he lined up). So we looked to other areas.

If there's a real difference maker at WR then take him. If there's too much talent at WR it isn't a problem. Outside of the DL (interior DL types at that), there is no one on the team that dictates passing on young awesomeness at that position in the draft.

I doubt he'll be there by the time we pick in round 2.

There's a legit shot he is there when we pick in third round. As I undesfand there a lot of teams That don't even have him on there board . There's a possibility we could be one of those teams .

I mean come on, who of us hasn't thrown a woman down a flight of stairs? Raise your hand if you haven't been there.

Who of us hasn't wanted to throw a women down a flight of stairs? isn't this really a matter of impulse control?

Decker

Marshall

Kerley

Shaq Evans

Quincy Enunwa

Chris Owusu

TJ Graham

TE Jace Amaro

DGB will be long gone before the 4th round.  He'l go late 1st to mid 2nd.

Another Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett. Pass. We have enough big receivers as it is, we don't need more of them. Marshall, Decker, Amaro, Sudfeld, enough already. Go grab a deep threat in round 2 and then let's go, throw some bombs, stretch the field. We need that.

You guys are crazy. This guy will NOT be available for us in the 2nd round. I cannot envision Seattle passing on him.

Seattle might go DB or OL in rd 1. WR is not as big a need anymore now that they have Graham. Just trying to pink positive here.

And they already have one his name is Jimmy Graham.

I was sure you would say that, but Graham cannot play both tight end and receiver. The Saints offense struggled mightily after Cooks got hurt. Graham cannot do it all alone.

I was sure you would say that, but Graham cannot play both tight end and receiver. The Saints offense struggled mightily after Cooks got hurt. Graham cannot do it all alone.

Since you're an expert on the thoughts of the Seattle Seahawks gm can you tell me what the bucs gm is going to ask for the 1 pick?

Archived