Darren Sharper sentenced

BallinPB

Some of these women are complete and total liars. See the Kobe and Duke lacrosse cases for reference. There's a school of thought that women can dress how they want and party how they want and not have to suffer any repercussions. OK, sure. No one "deserves" to be raped.  But let's say I go head off to Brownsville, or East NY at 3 am and get my ass kicked and robbed. Am I being afforded that same sympathy? Not a chance in hell. I will be called an idiot, and those calling me that will be 100% correct. Again, no one deserves to be raped. So let's put that to bed immediately. But having a little self awareness goes a long way. 

Still, Sharper is a serial rapist. I totally get what you're saying, but these women are legit victims.

If you get robbed and beaten the robber if cause would go to jail. And probably for longer than his sentence (per rape).

Sharper getting only 9 years for this is a sad joke.  Just like with Ray Rice, the prosecutors in this case have failed to administer justice.  Nine years for a serial rapist is a joke.  Negotiations for a plea should have begun with a life sentence with the possibility of parole, and if Sharper didn't accept that, then the prosecutors should have taken it to trial and sought life in prison with no possibility of parole.  Period.

If you get robbed and beaten the robber if cause would go to jail. And probably for longer than his sentence (per rape).

This is why you throw a round or two of #4 before unloading the slug+00 rounds into the mutha puckers.  A non-lethal gesture of goodwill.

Nobody in either neighborhood is getting busted for beating up a 5'6" white guy like myself. Cops will call me a moron for being there. My dad was a cop. I know these things.

the system is corrupt. Someone like him should have been made example of to all the other potential pills in drinks rapist out there.....but instead, they may look at this as a not so bad of a charge after all.

It was a Federal case. The Federal Prosecutor (aka: lawyer) should feel like sh*t, though obviously he won't. Can't believe they said his 'celebrity status' might cause an acquittal. Despite his HOF-worthy football career, nobody who doesn't watch football knows who he is (was).

Thats exactly my point. 

I think that everything that the women said could very well be true. Seems like Sharper is a f'ing retard. But where does the self responsibility kick in for these women? Don't put yourself in harms way is what im saying. Some women think its okay to dress up and play the part of a tramp then when sh*t like this happens socially we're told that we're not supposed to talk about that part. 

There's a video, im not sure if you seen it but it went viral. Its a pretty women walking in NY for 10 hours and its supposed to show how she is being catcalled and harassed. The woman has skin tight clothes on showing every curve on her body. 

Another woman makes a video completely covered with a long dress with the same title and she received no catcalls or what would be considered harassment. 

This situation with Sharper and these women are similar in that sense. Women who are aware and have self respect wouldnt have even been in such a situation.

He's a good looking, multi-millionaire TV personality. He doped them with Ativan and then raped them. Six of them, and that's just who came forward. You know there were more.

It is 100% his fault. It is 0% the victims' faults.

Wisdom of their decisions notwithstanding (particularly in hindsight), wanting to meet a guy, or liking a guy, is not an invitation to get drugged and raped by said guy, they didn't deserve it, and they weren't asking for it. C'mon.

Good old plea bargain. Judges have to approve them but usual it is a rubber stamp. Crook gets a light sentence, Prosecutors get to say they got the guy in jail, defense lawyer gets to say he got much less time for client than the crime he plead guilty to carries, and judge gets to show he is clearing cases off his docket efficiently. Everyone wins... Well except for the victims and society. Bit players in modern justice system.

Thats exactly my point.

I think that everything that the women said could very well be true. Seems like Sharper is a f'ing retard. But where does the self responsibility kick in for these women? Don't put yourself in harms way is what im saying. Some women think its okay to dress up and play the part of a tramp then when sh*t like this happens socially we're told that we're not supposed to talk about that part.

There's a video, im not sure if you seen it but it went viral. Its a pretty women walking in NY for 10 hours and its supposed to show how she is being catcalled and harassed. The woman has skin tight clothes on showing every curve on her body.

Another woman makes a video completely covered with a long dress with the same title and she received no catcalls or what would be considered harassment.

This situation with Sharper and these women are similar in that sense. Women who are aware and have self respect wouldnt have even been in such a situation.

I used to think like this... Then i lost my virginity. Go let off some steam. 8==MM=D ~~ ~ :)

He's a good looking, multi-millionaire TV personality. He doped them with Ativan and then raped them. Six of them, and that's just who came forward. You know there were more.

Wisdom of their decisions notwithstanding (particularly in hindsight), wanting to meet a guy, or liking a guy, is not an invitation to get drugged and raped by said guy, they didn't deserve it, and they weren't asking for it. C'mon.

I am just going to assume he is trolling. Alternative is naseauting. I guess if someone walks around with an expensive watch in the city at night they deserve to be shivved, robbed, and dumped in the East River.

No one said that being unknowingly drugged and raped was their fault. I said, their poor decision making was their fault. Don't put yourself in compromising situations because he's a good looking, multi-millionaire TV personality. 

Its simply way too easy for the Darren Sharpers of the world to invite women that he's known for maybe an hour back to his hotel room at 3am. If this was my daughter for example, it certainly wouldnt be the first question or two but around the 5th question, my question would be "What the HELL was you thinking going to some strange dudes hotel room you met an hour prior in some f'ing club???", because I believe that I would have made it a priority to explain to her how not to put her self in position to be a victim. I can pretty much guarantee that there was a woman somewhere that Sharper met and invited to his hotel that ultimately denied him and she ended up at home safe, and is looking at this situation like "How close was I to making a wrong decision based on someone being rich and popular". 

Protecting yourself is equally as important as throwing the book at someone. 

I used to think like this... Then i lost my virginity. Go let off some steam. 8==MM=D ~~ ~ :)

I am just going to assume he is trolling. Alternative is naseauting. I guess if someone walks around with an expensive watch in the city at night they deserve to be shivved, robbed, and dumped in the East River.

No, its not trolling. Why would someone troll about women being raped? Im saying that these women need to care more about their well being than being around a good looking Millionaire TV personality that invites them to his hotel room an hour after meeting them in a club.

If while walking home from work at night you're snatched off the street, thrown in a van, taken advantage of and then thrown out on some random street, that would be similar to your watch comparison. I do understand that it can be hard to critically think about certain things given the sensitive topic. What im saying is that these women should know that meeting anyone at a club and then going to their hotel room some hours later could be rather troublesome. That in no way means that they deserve to get unknowingly drugged, it does mean that there's not too many other things that could possibly be going on in someone's hotel suite, and because of that, maybe you shouldn't be taking any chances going to a place with a stranger that you dont know where there's no security etc. 

But I'll say this, I've stated my point, then clarified it for anyone who either questioned or misunderstood my point. I'll leave it at that so no one will get the nauseating impression that im trolling rape victims for fun. 

No one said that being unknowingly drugged and raped was their fault. I said, their poor decision making was their fault. Don't put yourself in compromising situations because he's a good looking, multi-millionaire TV personality. 

Its simply way too easy for the Darren Sharpers of the world to invite women that he's known for maybe an hour back to his hotel room at 3am. If this was my daughter for example, it certainly wouldnt be the first question or two but around the 5th question, my question would be "What the HELL was you thinking going to some strange dudes hotel room you met an hour prior in some f'ing club???", because I believe that I would have made it a priority to explain to her how not to put her self in position to be a victim. I can pretty much guarantee that there was a women somewhere that Sharper met and invited to his hotel that ultimately denied him and she ended up at home safe, and is looking at this situation like "How close was I to making a wrong decision based on someone being rich and popular". 

Protecting yourself is equally as important as throwing the book at someone.

Perhaps it was the way you classified both as being stupid, as though they beared equal responsibility, except you went into it far more about her stupidity than his. Like she was asking for it. It's certainly how it came across.

He's not merely stupid or dopey or a dumbass or some other similar-meaning adjective. He's a rapist. A serial one at that.

If you had a raped daughter I promise that wouldn't be a thing you yelled at her teary-eyed face on your 5th or even your 50th question. All the emotions she's going through, from shame to humiliation to to anger to anxiety to general pain, no loving father would bring up I told you so's, and certainly not in that way.

The sentence seems extremely light, but I'm guessing they probably want to take a good amount of time away from him for sure, than deal with a long drawn out legal battle.  This is probably one of the biggest perks of being rich, you can afford the lawyers that can make life a living a hell for the attorneys working against you enough to the point that they would rather just take the conviction.  I'm also guessing the victims also wanted a conviction for sure, because a civil suit is basically a lock if you can get a criminal conviction, so atleast they can hit his pockets as well.  

It's a shame.  A regular joe schmoe goes around doing this, and it's a guaranteed 40 to 50+ years, especially in multiple states.  

Perhaps it was the way you classified both as being stupid, as though they beared equal responsibility, except you went into it far more about her stupidity than his. Like she was asking for it. It's certainly how it came across.

He's not merely stupid or dopey or a dumbass or some other similar-meaning adjective. He's a rapist. A serial one at that.

If you had a raped daughter I promise that wouldn't be a thing you yelled at her teary-eyed face on your 5th or even your 50th question. All the emotions she's going through, from shame to humiliation to to anger to anxiety to general pain, no loving father would bring up I told you so's, and certainly not in that way.

Perhaps, which is why I took the time out to clarify my position in case someone thought that I was saying that its her fault for unknowingly getting drugged and sexually assaulted. And you're right, Darren Sharper is a serial rapist, what I was simply bringing to light was how he was able to even pull it off, which I feel is equally important to the matter if people are seriously looking to stop these type of acts from happening. Its hard for me not to make the assumption that these women never thought of the possibility (maybe not probability) of more alcohol and being propositioned for sex going to some famous guys hotel suite at 3am. Im simply not convinced that this thought never crossed any of these people involved minds. We know it definitely crossed Sharpers mind, my point is this. If this is not the type of action that you're looking for then I recommend that you not put yourself in the position to either be around this type of activity or if you're in the club dont go to some strange man suite afterward. 

And never put yourself in situations like these women below. They're treating themselves like whores in the same clubs that Darren Sharper probably frequent. 

Odell-Tinder-Stephanie.jpg

uykysgvegsv6ucp28mcu.jpg

And Sperm, believe me when I tell you, one of the most dangerous things you could ever have is a victim mentality. Follow what im saying, I didnt say victim, I said having a victim mentality. So if it was my daughter and I found out that she dressed up with tight ass pants high heels with her breast everywhere, met a guy that happened to be "famous" and because of that thought it was cool to go back to his hotel (knowing my mentality and position on how women is supposed to represent themselves...) you damn right the question would be ask, because my daughter will learn not to put herself in position to be a victim, hopefully through my teachings as a parent and not as a victim which no parent wants. Being soft on your children are for the birds brother. Show passion and empathy and understanding of course, but none of that soft stuff like ignoring the part you played in an outcome will ever happen in my house. Its just called taking responsibility for your actions. 

Archived