The Most Underrated Receiver in this Draft Should be Available at 37

JetBlue

His physique is ridiculous, absolutely crazy. Not sure I've ever seen such a freak WR. He looks a lot like Vernon Davis did when he came out. From what I've heard/read he's dropping easy passes at times, that's a big red flag. I'd take a chance on him in round 2.

He will not make it to round 3.  His drops are being waay over blown; every receiver drops passes but he is not a body catcher and is the best deep threat in college.  Averaged almost 55 yards a catch on his 11 TDs over the last two seasons.  How is that not a good thing? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! People seriously sleeping on this guy because of a few drops.  He has the potential to be as good as any receiver in this draft. 

I agree with this.  He has tremendous athleticism.  Labeling him a "Gholston" is premature and unwarranted, IMO.  Coates will go bottom half of 2nd round with a slight chance of falling to us early round 3, but I doubt it.  FWIW, he went 2.26 and 2.31 in the two mocks on the Jets message boards.

I agree with this.  He has tremendous athleticism.  Labeling him a "Gholston" is premature and unwarranted, IMO.  Coates will go bottom half of 2nd round with a slight chance of falling to us early round 3, but I doubt it.  FWIW, he went 2.26 and 2.31 in the two mocks on the Jets message boards.

I understand because of the Stephen Hill debacle why folks might be gunshy, but Coates is a much better player then Hill was coming out. 

• 1 month later...

I don't like Coates or DGB. Coates is lazy, doesn't run routes if he isnt the 1st read, doesnt block at all, and does not have natural hands.

DGB has great size. That is the only thing I find appealing about his game. Doesn't fight for the ball in the air the way you would expect. Doesn't jump very well. Slow and lumbering out of his breaks, poor separation. No thanks. Let some other team draft a ball of clay with red flags. I'll take a football player.

I don't like Coates or DGB. Coates is lazy, doesn't run routes if he isnt the 1st read, doesnt block at all, and does not have natural hands.

DGB has great size. That is the only thing I find appealing about his game. Doesn't fight for the ball in the air the way you would expect. Doesn't jump very well. Slow and lumbering out of his breaks, poor separation. No thanks. Let some other team draft a ball of clay with red flags. I'll take a football player.

Coates is not lazy; where do you get this sh*t from?  Can he improve on running routes? Yes.  Cooper doesn't block either but no one seemed to have an issue with that but now that is an issue for Coates, lol.   His hands are not as bad as you are making it out.  The guy is one of the best deep threats in college and at 70 would good value.  

DGB isn't a football player? I don't know where you are getting evaluations but to say he gets poor separation, and doesn't jump well; are we looking at the same player????   This guy is a freaking MONSTER.  His biggest issue is lack of experience and needs more reps and coaching but the talent and upside is undeniable.   

We can make a wager right now that what ever team he goes to will have a steal on their hands; we can revisit this in a year or two.  

Coates is not lazy; where do you get this sh*t from? Can he improve on running routes? Yes. Cooper doesn't block either but no one seemed to have an issue with that but now that is an issue for Coates, lol. His hands are not as bad as you are making it out. The guy is one of the best deep threats in college and at 70 would good value.

DGB isn't a football player? I don't know where you are getting evaluations but to say he gets poor separation, and doesn't jump well; are we looking at the same player???? This guy is a freaking MONSTER. His biggest issue is lack of experience and needs more reps and coaching but the talent and upside is undeniable.

We can make a wager right now that what ever team he goes to will have a steal on their hands; we can revisit this in a year or two.

Fair enough. I watched game reels of Coates and saw him look disinterested multiple times if he wasnt the first read or it was a running play. DGB doesn't have much film, always suspended. I saw a guy that looks like Tarzan, plays like a juiced up Jane. I do not have access to all-22 film. I am expressing my interpretation of what I saw over the last 3 days from youtube. Take it with a grain of salt... which you obviously do. :)

Fair enough. I watched game reels of Coates and saw him look disinterested multiple times if he wasnt the first read or it was a running play. DGB doesn't have much film, always suspended. I saw a guy that looks like Tarzan, plays like a juiced up Jane. I do not have access to all-22 film. I am expressing my interpretation of what I saw over the last 3 days from youtube. Take it with a grain of salt... which you obviously do. :)

Hey no body knows for sure but while both of these players have issues, they have superior talent and ability so I think they will "figure it out" if given time and if they go to the right team that will bring them along properly. 

Archived