Linebacker Paysinger set to Meet With Jets

AFJF

Brian Costello of the New York post is reporting that the New York Jets are planning to meet with New York Giants free agent linebacker Spencer Paysinger sometime today.

As an undrafted free agent out of the University of Oregon, Paysinger is entering  his fifth year as a pro.  Despite taking part in just 81 plays in 2014, the veteran did see significant playing time in 2013 when he started ten games and was on the field for over 700 snaps, producing 65 tackles, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery and a pass defended.  In his fourteen total career starts, Paysinger has racked up 93 tackles.

The 6′ 2”, 230 lb inside linebacker would add starting experience and depth to the defense along with special teams experience.  With David Harris and Demario Davis being the only inside linebackers on the roster with significant playing time,   Paysingers addition would give the Jets a young player who could step right in for Harris or Davis if called upon.

Obsessing over ex-Giants? Because we just signed a former Giants tackle? More bullsh*t from Pastabello, why am I not shocked.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty weak comment but these guys are just writing day to day stuff and trying to generate a "buzz" so they say stuff like that.  Pretty silly really.

Obsessing over ex-Giants? Because we just signed a former Giants tackle? More bullsh*t from Pastabello, why am I not shocked.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty weak comment but these guys are just writing day to day stuff and trying to generate a "buzz" so they say stuff like that.  Pretty silly really.

Pretty sure that he didn't write the headline.  The article actually mentions the Jets signed Brewer and the Giants signed Ellis in pointing out the roster swapping. There is a reason the Post is called a tabloid.

Pretty sure that he didn't write the headline.  The article actually mentions the Jets signed Brewer and the Giants signed Ellis in pointing out the roster swapping. There is a reason the Post is called a tabloid.

Pretty much garbage nowadays.

But all that is just you assuming something, it's not based on anything. You could say that for every article or headline ever written. And even if this were true, that doesn't mean he didn't know about it or that he's not responsible for whatever he put his name under. I've heard of lazy beat writers just copy & paste AP stories and headlines, word for word. That's a fact. This I've never heard of. And even if this is a habit for beat writers, that still doesn't mean that was the case this time with Pastabello. This is the same fat slob who just called some random mid round pick out of Hampton a bust.

But all that is just you assuming something, it's not based on anything. You could say that for every article or headline ever written. And even if this were true, that doesn't mean he didn't know about it or that he's not responsible for whatever he put his name under. I've heard of lazy beat writers just copy & paste AP stories and headlines, word for word. That's a fact. This I've never heard of. And even if this is a habit for beat writers, that still doesn't mean that was the case this time with Pastabello. This is the same fat slob who just called some random mid round pick out of Hampton a bust.

We are saying it for every article and headline written.  It is not a habit.  It is general practice at newspapers and has been since damn near forever. 

We are saying it for every article and headline written.  It is not a habit.  It is general practice at newspapers and has been since damn near forever.

Yup. And Ellis was a bust here. Lol.

We are saying it for every article and headline written.

Really? Can you point out to me the last time this was mentioned? I've posted a gazillion articles here, not one time has anybody ever mentioned anything like this.

I'm not sure why you'd try to defend this fat slob. He's obsessed with the Giants, he came up with that story, just days after calling Ellis a bust for signing with the Giants. But I'm sure this is all a coincidence.

Really? Can you point out to me the last time this was mentioned? I've posted a gazillion articles here, not one time has anybody ever mentioned anything like this.

I'm not sure why you'd try to defend this fat slob. He's obsessed with the Giants, he came up with that story, just days after calling Ellis a bust for signing with the Giants. But I'm sure this is all a coincidence.

I honestly don't care.  Believe what you want. 

I have heard it for ages.  Read it all over.  People I know that work or have worked at newspapers, from the New York Times to the Kansas State Collegian have said it, mentioned it and often complained about the fact that they didn't like the headline linked to their article.  It is possible that this guy wrote his own headline.  I don't care.  I honestly don't even know who the **** he is, I certainly wouldn't defend him. 

theDominator and shuler are correct. This is the field I was trained for (before I made a career change) and it works the same pretty much everywhere.

The writers only write the main text of the story. Nothing else. They do not make the headlines. Or choose the pictures. Sometimes they don't even get to write the lead paragraph. The headline is made by the Editor along with the copy editor.

Once the writer finishes his text and hands it in, he doesn't see it again until it's in print (unless the editor sends it back for changes). He's doesn't get a choice whether or not he wants to "put his name on it".

If he doesn't like what they did to "his" text? This will be his editors reaction: https://youtu.be/NIgfiSzCy1o

I started off writing for newspapers and studied journalism in college. It's not about defending anyone. It's about reality. Writers do not write the headlines.

Archived