JN Draftniks: Which one of you has the best track record?

Jetsfan80

I'm curious to see which of you guys have done the best at predicting the future success of players.

We all know Shane was way wrong about Matt Leinart, but he's been correct about others too.  Meanwhile, Villain appears to have correctly pounded the drum on Jordan Matthews.  Gato has had his good and bad moments.  Same with Hess and countless others.

Post your successes and failures in prognostication here.  Be honest, the internet is forever.  We know where you've failed.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the top of my head.....

Remember loving Boss Bailey and EJ Henderson the year we traded up to grab D-Rob....thought D-Rob would be better than he was.

Loved Leon Washington.

Predicted Coples would be our pick and thought he'd do more than he has so far. 

Thought Sanchez would be MUCH better than he turned out to be.

Really wanted Martavis Bryant last year and got Jalen Saunders instead.

Really wanted JJ Watt after watching a bunch of his games with Wisconsin but my second choice behind him, Adrian Cayborn has been unable to stay on the field.

Hate to admit I was very happy with the Kyle Wilson pick.

Off the top of my head.....

Remember loving Boss Bailey and EJ Henderson the year we traded up to grab D-Rob....thought D-Rob would be better than he was.

Loved Leon Washington.

Predicted Coples would be our pick and thought he'd do more than he has so far. 

Thought Sanchez would be MUCH better than he turned out to be.

Really wanted Martavis Bryant last year and got Jalen Saunders instead.

Really wanted JJ Watt after watching a bunch of his games with Wisconsin but my second choice behind him, Adrian Cayborn has been unable to stay on the field.

Hate to admit I was very happy with the Kyle Wilson pick.

I thought and still do believe the Geno pick was a smart one with the information available at the time. Was a wise risk of a 2nd round pick. And this coming from someone who thinks he is dog sh*t. What is not smart is staying committed to a player after it is obvious he sucks.

I couldn't understand why they took Sheldon Richardson. Now I do.

I didn't want anything to do with Geno.

I thought Niklas and Matthews would have been the pick in 2nd round last season. Matthews went ahead of Amaro.

I can never really remember because I was always drunk draft weekends.

The good: Hated Gholsten from day 1, didnt want anything to do with Geno, didn't like Kyle Wilson, liked Revis, liked David Harris, desperately wanted a WR from last years draft class.

The bad: Wanted Sanchez, didn't understand the Richardson pick, wanted Darren McFadden badly, liked Stephen Hill.

I hate to admit it but JiF has been dead on a couple of times. He loved Revis, Wilkerson and Richardson. Hated Mark Sanchez, but take that with a grain of salt as he loved Josh Freeman and Chad Henne. 

I wasnt big on Henne coming out of college.  It wasnt until I saw him live in a preseason game vs. the Jags that I feel in love with him.  Freeman I admittedly knew nothing about but knew I hated Mark Sanchez enough that if we went QB, i wanted Freeman.  This is true.  But what I really wanted was to stay put and draft Percy Harvin.  Hated the Gholston pick.

As one of the biggest Kyle Wilson supporters on the board, I hated him coming out.  If you recall, I wanted McCourty, badly and lost my sh*t when the Pats took him 2 spots before our pick and we took Wilson.

DBrick, Revis, Wilkerson, Coples - were all the players that were #1 on my wish list for the Jets those drafts.  And while I loved Richardson, I just didnt think he was an option so my #1 choice(s) that year were Ansah, Mingo and Lotulelei for the 2 picks we had...but 2 were off the board.  

So yeah, I'm definitely the best.

The good: Hated Gholsten from day 1, didnt want anything to do with Geno, didn't like Kyle Wilson, liked Revis, liked David Harris, desperately wanted a WR from last years draft class.

The bad: Wanted Sanchez, didn't understand the Richardson pick, wanted Darren McFadden badly, liked Stephen Hill.

Wont lie, I too was a McFadden fan.

Archived