In the event Leonard Williams were to fall to 6

Matt39

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Leonard Williams is still on the board when the raiders are picking at 4, there is no way he isn't there pick. So I don't see anyway he could get to the six pick.

If the two Qb's go one and two., than L Williams will be a Raider. jags are taken a pass rusher.( Fowler)

Man, are you ever right?

Wait... so you have a young Peyton Manning in-his-prime Brett Favre as your QB and you have Andrew Luck Aaron Rodgers available at your pick. You can't make a viable trade. Do you take him? Opportunity cost of BPA no matter what is not a viable strategy.

This worked out rather well for GB.

Take him. He has great upside.

I was literally cheering my lungs out at Metlife Draft Party when we made the pick. Couldn't be happier. Clean, crisp, low risk defensive lineman. Probably best player of the whole draft. Nice!

Raiders guy

The general manager wanted Leonard Williams.( probably Fowler was the guy they really wanted) Amari Cooper pick was Mark Davis pick. All you have to do is watch the press conference and you see what I mean. The Raiders needed a wr, and they needed a pass rusher. They addressed Wr, so look for Ucla De Double O or Preston Smith with their second pick.

The Jets did a nice job as you can never pass on the so called best player in the draft.

I guess not, but the general manager clearly didn't make this pick.(he preferred Williams) . A lot of ex Raider greats wanted Amari Cooper, and they got into Mark Davis ear. This was clearly his pick.

So, you're saying the Raiders are a circus then?

I guess not, but the general manager clearly didn't make this pick.(he preferred Williams) . A lot of ex Raider greats wanted Amari Cooper, and they got into Mark Davis ear. This was clearly his pick.

I actually liked that pick for the Raiders.  You have a young QB, give him something to work with.  If Cooper becomes your new Tim Brown, it'll all be OK.

So, you're saying the Raiders are a circus then?

No they had two major needs Wr, and a pass rusher to team on opposite of Khalil Mack. They addressed the Wr with pick one , and will address the pass rusher in the second. Amari Cooper is no Darrius Heyward- Bey pick , as he was one of the safest picks in the draft.

I thought they could get that Wr in the second( Dorial Green- Beckum , Jaelen Strong) and would get that pass rusher in the first . Probably looking at UCLA De( Double O- not going to try to spell his name) or Preston Smith or Gregory. Only time will say if they made the correct choice.

I actually liked that pick for the Raiders.  You have a young QB, give him something to work with.  If Cooper becomes your new Tim Brown, it'll all be OK.

They still have to find that pass rusher opposite Khalil Mack ( Benson Mayowa could develop) but they have to give them self options. Can they find a pass rusher in the second , as good as there was in the first. There are some very talented Wr still sitting on the board that they could have had in the second. why I expected them to address the defense first.

Archived