UCF Reciever Breshad Perriman Ran 4.22 40-Yard Dash

Spoot-Face

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-ucf-receiver-breshad-perriman-just-run-a-sub-4-2-second-40-yard-dash-184248728.html

Has anyone else seen this? That beats Chris Johnson's record.

I don't watch much college ball, but I see from his stats that he had 41 catches for 906 yards and 9 TDs.

For all the draft savvy posters here; should this guy now be in consideration at #6, or perhaps later in the first if we trade back? Can anyone offer anymore insight on this kid besides his stats?

Also, I apologize in advance if I didn't post the link correctly; still a newbie at this. :winking0001:

From CBS

NFL Comparison

Kenny Britt

Bottom Line

Rare combination of size, top-end speed and suddenness that can be found in some of the best receivers in the game. His routes are sloppy and a work in progress, but his hands keep him out of the top tier of receivers. His drops will drive teams crazy, but his physical traits and ability to hit the big play should warrant early round consideration.

Speed doesn't mean much if u can't catch. Ask Stephen Hill.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-ucf-receiver-breshad-perriman-just-run-a-sub-4-2-second-40-yard-dash-184248728.html

I don't watch much college ball, but I see from his stats that he had 41 catches for 906 yards and 9 TDs.

For all the draft savvy posters here; should this guy now be in consideration at #6, or perhaps later in the first if we trade back? Can anyone offer anymore insight on this kid besides his stats?

Also, I apologize in advance if I didn't post the link correctly; still a newbie at this. :winking0001:

Pro day times are always inflated. Fast track, etc.

Speed doesn't mean much if u can't catch. Ask Stephen Hill.

Yeah, that's my main concern. Didn't know anything about the kid and wanted to hear from others. I don't want another Stephen Hill, and with only a limited number of draft picks, perhaps we should shy away from any "works of progress"; at least in the early rounds.

Yeah, that's my main concern. Didn't know anything about the kid and wanted to hear from others. I don't want another Stephen Hill, and with only a limited number of draft picks, perhaps we should shy away from any "works of progress"; at least in the early rounds.

he's the opposite of Hill, in that his dad played in the NFL. ie no big learning curve etc. Fwiw

The best indicator of future NFL success?  Was he a top tier college WR?  Because anyone paying attention knew that Alshon Jeffery was a college stud.  Stephen Hill was a mid-level talent with great speed.  Someone said Jeffery was chubby and slow and everyone decided the mediocre guy was better--even though Jeffery's body of work was head and shoulders above most WR's in that draft.  Fast is nice.  Talented is better.

Would you gamble with him at #6? Or perhaps with a later first if we end up trading back?

I would say taking him over any Cooper/Parker/White would be a mistake. DBG will be in jail in three years. The rest of the crop is overrated imo. So I'd be fine if they took him if the top 3 guys are already gone. Although he didn't really "dominate" at UCF.

Pro day times are always inflated. Fast track, etc.

Yeah, from what I've heard, the Vets combine can give you about .15 second slower 40 time from a general estimate stand point. If thats true, this guy really ran a 4.10 to say the least. Thats just too fast to be true so I'll put my doubts on the slower track actually being on par.

Would you gamble with him at #6? Or perhaps with a later first if we end up trading back?

#6 overall?  No way.  Maybe in the 2nd.  Love him in the 3rd.  

Yeah, from what I've heard, the Vets combine can give you about .15 second slower 40 time from a general estimate stand point. If thats true, this guy really ran a 4.10 to say the least. Thats just too fast to be true so I'll put my doubts on the slower track actually being on par.

He is in the draft.  This was not the vet combine.  Pro day times are often crazy fast.  This was timed from 4.20 - 4.27.  Rannell Hall ran a 4.60 at the combine and was timed at 4.41 - 4.47 at the UCF pro day.

#6 overall?  No way.  Maybe in the 2nd.  Love him in the 3rd.  

He is in the draft.  This was not the vet combine.  Pro day times are often crazy fast.  This was timed from 4.20 - 4.27.  Rannell Hall ran a 4.60 at the combine and was timed at 4.41 - 4.47 at the UCF pro day.

Alright. It seems I'm reading a bit too much into the 40 time. I thought I might be, which is why I asked. Thanks for the input. I have incredibly limited experience when it comes to the whole draft-player-evaluation-thingy. I also thought it might be an interesting topic to promote discussion.

Alright. It seems I'm reading a bit too much into the 40 time. I thought I might be, which is why I asked. Thanks for the input. I have incredibly limited experience when it comes to the whole draft-player-evaluation-thingy. I also thought it might be an interesting topic to promote discussion.

Cool. Not putting you down.  Just discussing.  He is a serious consideration in the first, but not that high up, IMO.  I think that the big three all have to go ahead of him and maybe Green-Beckham if teams are satisfied on character.  If they trade down maybe.  The 40 is not the be all end all and pro day times are notoriously fast.  As I said, his teammate pulled almost 2 tenths off his 40 from the combine, so there is a decent chance he would have timed in the high 4.3-4.4 range.

I wouldn't draft a WR at 6 who didn't have better college numbers.  Very few WRs are worth taking that high.

I wouldn't draft a WR at 6 who didn't have better college numbers.  Very few WRs are worth taking that high.

Yeah, you may be right. I also see that he was their leading receiver, so it's not like he was playing second-fiddle to a star WR. I think I'd like to avoid any potential projects in the first two rounds, especially when he have only, what, five draft picks?

Archived