Randy Gregory Failed Marijuana Drug Test at Combine

BroadwayJets

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens with him now?

He drops. Kid is not only a multiple offender he is a big ol liar too. Says he hasn't smoked since December and he fails a test in February, liar, liar pants on fire. Second round for him. I can see some teams taking him off their board altogether. Keep it up kid and you will soon be an NFL afterthought.

Uh, no.

Please, you don't know that. You're just making stuff up. You don't know what kind of affect any of that has on a human body and how it affects the THC in your system.

Yes I do. It's science. Pretty simple science actually.

Somebody should explain to you what studies and facts are. The stuff you make up in your head is something different.

zLTCcav.jpg

By the way, there's a certain pass rusher in Kansas who almost broke the sack record last season, and he fell to the 3rd round for failing a drug test at the combine. I'm pretty sure about 31 of the teams that decided to pass on him are regretting it now.

Somebody should explain to you what studies and facts are. The stuff you make up in your head is something different.

Maybe not so much with the condescension there, Magellan.

yeah I think it needs to become legal on the federal level which will probably never happen

It's interesting that alcohol needed an amendment to be illegal and another amendment to be overturn the ban. Yet the Feds made pot illegal just at their say-so. Such BS

yeah I think it needs to become legal on the federal level which will probably never happen

It's interesting that alcohol needed an amendment to be illegal and another amendment to be overturn the ban. Yet the Feds made pot illegal just at their say-so. Such BS

Yeah but if pot was legal what would be paying all these cops and building all these prisons for? You can't convict anyone of murder anymore.

Randy Gregory tested positive for marijuana at NFL Combine

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 26, 2015, 1:47 AM EDT

Randy Gregory is easily one of the top defensive prospects in this year’s draft class. Gregory, a standout defensive end from Nebraska, views himself so highly as a prospect that he believes he’s worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

However, failing a drug test at the NFL Combine won’t help his status.

In an interview with Kim Jones of the NFL Network, Gregory admitted that he tested positive for marijuana at the event in late February in Indianapolis.

“I blame myself,” Gregory said. “And I know it sounds cliché, but there’s really no one else I can blame.”

The combine has set dates. All the participants know when it is. And yet, somehow players still occasionally fail the drug tests they know await them in Indy.

Gregory says he hasn’t smoked marijuana since December and yet still tested positive because of how high his THC levels were.

Seriously.

That seems incredibly far-fetched. A highly trained athlete preparing for the combine, working out several times a week in the lead-up to the event, having not smoked marijuana in close to two months and still tests positive? Not sure I buy that one.

Now Gregory will be in the league’s drug system, which means he’ll be tested for recreational drugs more frequently and will be much closer to a potential suspension in the future.

It could have an effect on how early Gregory is drafted next month.

Gregory is an intriguing pass rushing prospect and his skills will still lead to him being selected early in the draft. However, if Gregory cannot control his off-field decisions, he could find himself following Josh Gordon’s footsteps in the future.

I 1000000% don't believe it. I'm a pot head I know how long it takes and what helps it leave your stem easier. Sweating, drinking lots of water does it best. With him working out... No way it wasn't out before then. He could of even used Detox to flush his system. What a joke. Feel sorry for the team that picks him. Fail a important drug test is bad enough... Now you lie? Smh.

How many more cartoons / made up stories do you have in your JN folder? Try some facts for a change. Helps when you try to make a point during a discussion. But it seems like you have no experience in that area...

Have you noticed that you're the only one disputing the facts I've already laid out for you?

Perhaps you should revisit what you believe to be fact.

If they ran a hair test on him, they stuff could've been there for years.

If they did hair testing, 90% of the league would be in the substance abuse program. Lol. They don't. They're basically testing to see if you're capable of quitting for a month.

forget the morality and legality

this moron was going to the job interview of a lifetime and knew about the drug test and still couldn't keep away from the weed

he's not a smart man

let the browns have him

i thought i read that the NFL has the lowest threshold to fail a drug test for marijuana after all the josh gordon stuff.  maybe he's not lying when he says it had been 2 months.

They actually recently upped the threshold, although it's still pretty low.

The updated policy, announced last month, increased the permitted threshold from 15 nanograms of carboxy THC per milliliter of urine to 35 nanograms.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/23/national-football-league-marijuana-testing-policy/17784021/

fwiw, Ricky Williams said in that article that if that was threshold when he played, he never would've been in the drug program.

forget the morality and legality

this moron was going to the job interview of a lifetime and knew about the drug test and still couldn't keep away from the weed

he's not a smart man

let the browns have him

I think this is the problem. No one cares if you smoke weed, but if you can't stop before the NFL Combine then odds are you won't be able to stop after you are in the NFL and run the risk of becoming the next Gordon/Blackmon. This is a HUGE red flag. Zero chance I touch this kid with our 1st round pick, but if he is available in the 2nd (which I doubt, i would take a flier on him and hope he learns self-control). Let's also remember that these are just kids and they are all capable of learning from mistakes. 

If they did hair testing, 90% of the league would be in the substance abuse program. Lol. They don't. They're basically testing to see if you're capable of quitting for a month.

Friendly reminder: Stop making things up and then present them as facts.

Archived