Stephen Hill / wr ( remember him ? ? ) could be ready to shine for Panthers in 2015 ~ ~ ~

kelly

Rex and Sporano were the worst possible situation for Hill. He was a project, with no one to develop him, and they had him starting on day one without a clue of what he was doing. For that matter, not one WR on that 12 team knew what they were doing. It was one of the worst designed offenses in the history of offense. I would not be shocked if Hill develops into a decent player, Rex was an abomination for anything offense related during his tenure.

Please...stop reminding me how bad REX was. ...So glad REX is gone.

Terrible hands. Does not fight for the ball in the air. No swag. Poor spacial awareness during routes. Lacks a mean streak to block in the running game. Does not play special teams.

He did get poor coaching, agreed. But much of the above is natural. A player either has it or he doesn't.

Other than that, he still has a chance... child please.

Are you serious?  What message did they send by starting Geno over Vick without a fair competition?  Salas was the definition of a JAG and didn't dramatically outplay Hill.  Hill missed parts of his first two years with injuries so he really had yet to play a a full 16 games.  You draft a guy in the second round with his measurables and you give at least a 3rd year to see if he figures it out.  It is not like we were a contending team or anything.  

No argument from me on the Geno/Vick sham.  Salas vs. Hill in camp is a matter of opinion.  Who knows what Salas's ceiling might be?  Do you think guys like Chrebet lit it up at camp? Or Edelman?  Sure he could be a JAG like you say. But he also could have a higher upside than Hill for all we know.  You have to have something to base cuts on and I think Salas showed better football instincts and the potential to be a better player than Hill at the time he was released.

Terrible hands. Does not fight for the ball in the air. No swag. Poor spacial awareness during routes. Lacks a mean streak to block in the running game. Does not play special teams.

Other than that, he still has a chance... child please.

Stephen Hill's problem wasn't blocking. He came from Georgia Tech where they ran the triple-option. All he did was block.

I was never in favor of releasing him because given the WR's we had on our team from the start of the last season it was clear he should have played out his rookie contract over here before the JETS made a decision on him.

This just shows what good coaching staff can do. It should be Sanjay Lal who should be driving s UPS truck. But he ends up getting paid to ruin Sammy Watkin's life.

At one point, the receivers were Holmes, Hill, Nelson, Gates.  Not one of those guys will be on an NFL roster next year.  Blaming Lal for their sh*tty play is laughable.

No argument from me on the Geno/Vick sham.  Salas vs. Hill in camp is a matter of opinion.  Who knows what Salas's ceiling might be?  Do you think guys like Chrebet lit it up at camp? Or Edelman?  Sure he could be a JAG like you say. But he also could have a higher upside than Hill for all we know.  You have to have something to base cuts on and I think Salas showed better football instincts and the potential to be a better player than Hill at the time he was released.

Good point but I am not cutting a 22 year old kid with his size and speed for Greg Salas type.  They don't grow on trees.  Now if I think Salas is that good or outplayed him that much, then I cut Hakim Salim or some other JAG.  I just think it was stupid to give up on kid like that so soon.  

Watch him become a pro-bowl receiver. That's the kind of luck Jets fans have....

I don't know about pro bowl but I do think he will finally put it together and has the chance to be decent.  Anything above that is gravy.

Good point but I am not cutting a 22 year old kid with his size and speed for Greg Salas type.  They don't grow on trees.  Now if I think Salas is that good or outplayed him that much, then I cut Hakim Salim or some other JAG.  I just think it was stupid to give up on kid like that so soon.  

Completely agree with this. It was another glaring example of how F'd up the prior regime was.

I don't know about pro bowl but I do think he will finally put it together and has the chance to be decent. Anything above that is gravy.

He is a lousy football player. He might, and I emphasize MIGHT, make the team. Maybe, he will even catch a long TD next year causing JN to blow up. But at the end of 2015 after compiling 19 catches, he will show to be exactly what he was when the Jets cut him... a lost cause.

Love that Hill's presence might actually cause the Panthers to miss out on drafting a WR.  Fine by me.  Kelvin Benjamin alone is dangerous. 

Hill is a bum...period. He was yet another of Tannenbaum's 'ego' picks that told everyone in the NFL that he was smarter than they are. Right. Vlad Ducasse is a great OL also and Kyle Wilson made everyone FORGET about Darrelle Revis right?

He is a lousy football player. He might, and I emphasize MIGHT, make the team. Maybe, he will even catch a long TD next year causing JN to blow up. But at the end of 2015 after compiling 19 catches, he will show to be exactly what he was when the Jets cut him... a lost cause.

Again you are entitled to your opinion of course but the Panthers seem to think otherwise. I guess we will see who is correct.

You don't want to cut HIll because of his speed, but you want to cut...Saalim Hakim?  Hakim is considerably faster than Hill and actually useful on specials.  He can't catch either, but...

You don't want to cut HIll because of his speed, but you want to cut...Saalim Hakim?  Hakim is considerably faster than Hill and actually useful on specials.  He can't catch either, but...

Yeah he really excelled on the kickoffs...  the point is Hill was 22 and a 2nd round pick.  He would have made the team if it were up to me.  It is not like the guys we kept were anything special. 

Yeah he really excelled on the kickoffs... the point is Hill was 22 and a 2nd round pick. He would have made the team if it were up to me. It is not like the guys we kept were anything special.

Yeah I was a bit surprised they didn't give him one more year with all they invested in him and the potential a receiver with his size and speed even if it wasn't Idzik's pick.....it just made sense given we weren't stacked at the position and wouldn't cut anyone with long term or short term value in his place.

Oh well, wish him the best. Hopefully he does turn it around for his sake.....seems like a good guy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived