Mock drafts

Jetster

I have to say that most mocks I look at are pretty good.

Walter Football has 1-Shane Ray 2-Tevon Coleman 3- Bryce Petty

There are a lot of mocks that have us either taking Shane Ray or Vic Beasley

Won't be that hard to get some good players in the 1/2/3 especially as high as we are picking in each round.

I mock mock drafts. They are completely stupid and have no basis is reality. These so called 'experts' have the Jets passing Mariota by at pick number six which is easily the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. There is NO WAY IN HELL Maccagnan passed up Marcus Mariota if he is there at six. These guys shift their picks depending on what they think the fans want. Pay them no mind. The real draft will be interesting enough without all this stupid speculation.

I mock mock drafts. They are completely stupid and have no basis is reality. These so called 'experts' have the Jets passing Mariota by at pick number six which is easily the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time. There is NO WAY IN HELL Maccagnan passed up Marcus Mariota if he is there at six. These guys shift their picks depending on what they think the fans want. Pay them no mind. The real draft will be interesting enough without all this stupid speculation.

Agree totally lost intetest in mocks.

Mocks are only good as a rough guide to see where players are valued. And they're only even vaguely useful for round 1. Any mock that includes a 2nd round borders on the absurd.

This. Top 25 players are one thing but picking by teams is entertainment.

Agree especially right now. But the week before the draft, the mocks tend to be reasonably close to what actually happens

I disagree on Mariota.  If you really think about it, Woody Johnson is emptying out his pocketbook in free agency and it's a clear cut message that he wants to win and win this year.  Really passing on Mariota is more of a guarantee than you might think.  With guys like Harris(31), Mangold(31), Brickashaw(31), Colon(31), Brandon Marshall(31), Cromartie(30), and Revis(29) on the roster, it's highly unlikely they'll take a developmental quarterback who might end up taking 2 or 3 years before he can start games.  It really doesn't make sense to use a 1st round draft pick that will not impact the roster in a positive way this season.   What are we gonna wait until these guys are all using walking sticks before Mariota turns into a starter?  Hell f no bro.  

And that doesn't even mention the fact that his style of play requires that you absolutely rewire an offense to support his style of play.  He is a system quarterback and to me the whole thing sounds very much like the tebow fiasco all over again.  However,  I do love tebow and I hope he does come back to the NFL at some point.   

Sorry to break it to you but any interest the Jets are showing in Mariota prior to the draft are simply smoke screens.  He's the biggest bust in the draft.  

Mocks are only good as a rough guide to see where players are valued.  And they're only even vaguely useful for round 1.  Any mock that includes a 2nd round borders on the absurd.

I can see trying topic the first 10 or 15.  After that, it is just bullsh*t.

It doesnt do the mock drafter any good to follow logic. They all want to go for the unlikely. Why? If it doesn't happen, no one remembers. If it somehow does, they look like a genius.

I disagree on Mariota. If you really think about it, Woody Johnson is emptying out his pocketbook in free agency and it's a clear cut message that he wants to win and win this year. Really passing on Mariota is more of a guarantee than you might think. With guys like Harris(31), Mangold(31), Brickashaw(31), Colon(31), Brandon Marshall(31), Cromartie(30), and Revis(29) on the roster, it's highly unlikely they'll take a developmental quarterback who might end up taking 2 or 3 years before he can start games. It really doesn't make sense to use a 1st round draft pick that will not impact the roster in a positive way this season. What are we gonna wait until these guys are all using walking sticks before Mariota turns into a starter? Hell f no bro.

And that doesn't even mention the fact that his style of play requires that you absolutely rewire an offense to support his style of play. He is a system quarterback and to me the whole thing sounds very much like the tebow fiasco all over again. However, I do love tebow and I hope he does come back to the NFL at some point.

Sorry to break it to you but any interest the Jets are showing in Mariota prior to the draft are simply smoke screens. He's the biggest bust in the draft.

Mariotta like Tebow fiasco ? Awesome , I want to hear more.

The mocks as a whole when looked at side by side gives you a good indication of what players might be available to you in a particular spot.

Of course nailing picks exactly to teams is ridiculous, you only need 1 trade at the top to change a draft.

But for the most part there are plenty of mocks done by some pretty smart people, some with scouting backgrounds.

If I look at a mock from someone like Gil Brandt, of course I know it's a generalization but when I look at the 2nd round you do get a good indication of approximately 10 guys who may be available at 37.

Then you kind of look deeper into their college careers & you end up favoring one over the other to slip down to that pick.

If you actually watch the draft & you see the BPA list they use as the draft progresses, you really don't see that many picks that venture out of that list. Of course there are usually a handful of players that show up on the list & fall badly & it's usually players with shaky off the field problems.

The draft is no "secret" like it use to be. It's big business & there are a lot more smart people looking at it, reporting on it & mocking the draft.

The most interesting position in this years draft & the one that will have a huge effect will be the running backs.

Will this be the year that teams take a couple of RBs in the 1st round.

I'm hoping Gurley falls to 37.

ACLs are not what they use to be. Look at Frank Gore I think he's had 2?

Archived