beasley at 6

cant wait

I don't think this kid is getting enough support on here. he seems like really the only pure 3-4 OLB in the top 10 and I think athletically he's like a more explosive clay matthews. from a production standpoint he's got the numbers to back it up too and seems to have a nose for the ball. would love to see this kid come screaming around the edge playing behind this jets DL. my guy last year was ODB, this year it's all about beasley, assuming we don't get the QB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105193&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57020&draftyear=2009&genpos=olb

I don't think this kid is getting enough support on here. he seems like really the only pure 3-4 OLB in the top 10 and I think athletically he's like a more explosive clay matthews. from a production standpoint he's got the numbers to back it up too and seems to have a nose for the ball. would love to see this kid come screaming around the edge playing behind this jets DL. my guy last year was ODB, this year it's all about beasley, assuming we don't get the QB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105193&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57020&draftyear=2009&genpos=olb

1 Winston

2 Mariota

3 Williams

4 White

5 Beasely or Fowler

6 Beasely, Fowler or Cooper

A couple things that trouble me about him.  He is very quick off the edge for sure but I saw only one higlight where he got to the QB from anywhere but the edge.  In contrast a thing I really liked about Rays hilights was that half his sacks came from the outside, about half from the inside on stunts.

I also don't like that he does not 100% finish plays, assumes the play is over and it is posing and turning his back on the play.  This is very coachable but I hate that trait.

The highlight music must be a huge rap hit because it had the obligatory dozen uses of nigga, bitch, ho and fuc*.  It is almost guaranteed that any highlight music for these utube swill just suck horribly and should be muted.

A couple things that trouble me about him. He is very quick off the edge for sure but I saw only one higlight where he got to the QB from anywhere but the edge. In contrast a thing I really liked about Rays hilights was that half his sacks came from the outside, about half from the inside on stunts.

I also don't like that he does not 100% finish plays, assumes the play is over and it is posing and turning his back on the play. This is very coachable but I hate that trait.

The highlight music must be a huge rap hit because it had the obligatory dozen uses of nigga, bitch, ho and fuc*. It is almost guaranteed that any highlight music for these utube swill just suck horribly and should be muted.

I keep seeing this argument for not taking Beasley ("his inside pressure...etc etc") and I just don't agree with it.

We don't need to improve our inside pressure. That's where Richardson lives, that's how Harris gets his sacks. We need an outside rush guy who will make the opposing QB step UP into the pocket and get eaten by our front-3.

Beasley is infinitely more athletic than Ray, he's stronger, faster, more productive, and has been doing it longer.

He's a great pick for us at 6.

Come on Man, there is NO WAY Gregory falls to 37. Take Fowler/Beasley/Gregory; there will still be quality offensive lineman in the 2, 3 and 4th rounds.

No one is drafting a guy already possibly facing a suspension in round 1.

And no one considers Gregory a once in a generation talent like Warren Sapp.

No one is drafting a guy already possibly facing a suspension in round 1.

And no one considers Gregory a once in a generation talent like Warren Sapp.

Sorry I forgot about the drug testing; I still don't see him falling out of the first round but if he does I don't think he gets to 37. 

His pass rushing is undeniable. His combination of the first step and snap anticipation is just ridiculous and is personally the best that I've ever seen coming out of college, however, I dont see much after that in regards to everything involving the position when not rushing the QB. 

Not knocking him, I think his rushing skills are good enough to go at #6, though I believe that there are options equally as good or even better. 

If the Jets picked Beasley at #6 I wouldnt have a problem at all, the same would be said if they passed on him. 

Maybin was stiff?

Did you see him play? He'd try to beat the OT on the edge and would end up getting pushed out of the play because he couldn't change direction. Guys like ware, Matthews, miller, all have that "bend" you want from a 3-4 OLB. i actually see a lot more maybin in Shane ray

Maybin was way too stiff to play outside in a 3-4 and too small to be a DE. What's your point here?

I love how people make these comparisons.  If Maybin was as good as Beasley, he would still be in the league playing.  

He played at 230 in college. Nobody has seen him play at 245, ever. Even at 245 he is light. His build isn't large either.

Well that's where the scouting comes in... Judging by the agility drills he should be able to move well enough. Players like Ray & maybin on the other hand are limited to straight line speed primarily

A couple things that trouble me about him.  He is very quick off the edge for sure but I saw only one higlight where he got to the QB from anywhere but the edge.  In contrast a thing I really liked about Rays hilights was that half his sacks came from the outside, about half from the inside on stunts.

I also don't like that he does not 100% finish plays, assumes the play is over and it is posing and turning his back on the play.  This is very coachable but I hate that trait.

The highlight music must be a huge rap hit because it had the obligatory dozen uses of nigga, bitch, ho and fuc*.  It is almost guaranteed that any highlight music for these utube swill just suck horribly and should be muted.

100%.

Ray and Fowler are the only names at that position that ought to be in contention at 6... Beasley is not the 6th best player in the draft. 

100%.

Ray and Fowler are the only names at that position that ought to be in contention at 6... Beasley is not the 6th best player in the draft. 

Ray I think is the best pure rusher in this draft but he is strictly a situational pass rusher in the NFL.  It's either 3rd down or obvious passing situations otherwise he's a total liability he's not big enough to be line up in 3-point stance on a consistent base and I don't think he can be effective playing in space covering people or tackling.  That's still a valuable commodity but I'd rather go with an everydown player at 6 like Cooper or White.

Ray I think is the best pure rusher in this draft but he is strictly a situational pass rusher in the NFL.  It's either 3rd down or obvious passing situations otherwise he's a total liability he's not big enough to be line up in 3-point stance on a consistent base and I don't think he can be effective playing in space covering people or tackling.  That's still a valuable commodity but I'd rather go with an everydown player at 6 like Cooper or White.

not concerned about his size. His motor and ability to create pressure outside and inside is not a mirage. He's quickly becoming this year's Bridgewater. People are taking themselves out of what they see on tape. I'd accept Cooper, but wouldn't feel great about White. 

If we're planning on playing a 3-4 the majority of the time (which i doubt we will) then yea, i agree. Ray's not the guy. I think he needs to be on the line at the POC..

Beasely does have ability. And he is also very undersized. Guys like that are high risk.

6'3 246lbs isn't very undersized for a 3-4 pass rusher. 

Robert Mathis racked up a league leading 20 sacks in 2013 as a 6'2 246lb OLB for the Colts. That was after the Colts D coordinator changing the defense to a 3-4 hybrid defense in 2012. 

not concerned about his size. His motor and ability to create pressure outside and inside is not a mirage. He's quickly becoming this year's Bridgewater. People are taking themselves out of what they see on tape. I'd accept Cooper, but wouldn't feel great about White.

If we're planning on playing a 3-4 the majority of the time (which i doubt we will) then yea, i agree. Ray's not the guy. I think he needs to be on the line at the POC..

That's how tricky it is to evaluate pass rushers coming out of college. Ray is the best pass rusher yet he has a ton of question marks. No position has produced as many first rd busts in recent years.

That's how tricky it is to evaluate pass rushers coming out of college. Ray is the best pass rusher yet he has a ton of question marks. No position has produced as many first rd busts in recent years.

That's why I see Beasley as the safest pick. He's got the best production out of all the pass rushers, and he's got the ideal athleticism to play in the 3-4. If you're looking for an OLB edge rusher it's only Beasley and Dupree in the first IMO

Ray won't crack the top 10

Neither *should* Fowler

Beasley's a better prospect than both of those guys, but I do worry about his size. Plus, I don't like Clemson prospects in general.

I'd consider Beasley because the numbahs are with him at his position, but gun to head the only LB prospect to draft at 6 is Bud Dupree.

Archived