Unrealistic 4 round dream mock

bealeb319

In the first round the Eagles trade with the Browns sending Bradford and a 1st to Cleveland for Cleveland's 2 1st round picks. The Eagles swap Picks 12 and 19 with the Jets to draft Mariota.

Round 1

Pick 12 - Vic Beasley OLB - Somehow the Jets get lucky and Beasley falls to us at pick 12 giving us a decent OLB for a great value at pick 12.

Pick 19 - Melvin Gordon RB - The Jets are desperate for a RB in the draft because Ivory (other than last season) is often injured and Powell should not be a #1 back on any roster.

Round 2

Pick 37 - Dorial Green-Beckham WR - He is sitting there for us in round 2 its hard to pass up on the value and talent here. (even with his off field issues)

At the beginning of Round 3 the Buccaneers make a trade with the Jets taking Dee Milliner and a 7th off our hands and sending us Glennon and their 3rd. 

Round 3

Pick 65 - Sammie Coates WR - The Jets add probably unneeded  depth to the WR position at this point but Coates can turn into a great player and the value beats out the risk at this point.

Pick 70 - Ali Marpet G - I think Marpet could play either guard or tackle and might take a year or two to develop but this kid really stood out at the combine and I think he will end up developing well.

Round 4

Pick - 104 Bryce Petty QB - We probably don't need another QB on the roster with the addition of Glennon, but the new coaching staff and management might want to add more competition at the position and give themselves a better chance of having a starting caliber QB on the roster.

In the first round the Eagles trade with the Browns sending Bradford and a 1st to Cleveland for Cleveland's 2 1st round picks. The Eagles swap Picks 12 and 19 with the Jets to draft Mariota.

Round 1

Pick 12 - Vic Beasley OLB - Somehow the Jets get lucky and Beasley falls to us at pick 12 giving us a decent OLB for a great value at pick 12.

Pick 19 - Melvin Gordon RB - The Jets are desperate for a RB in the draft because Ivory (other than last season) is often injured and Powell should not be a #1 back on any roster.

Round 2

Pick 37 - Dorial Green-Beckham WR - He is sitting there for us in round 2 its hard to pass up on the value and talent here. (even with his off field issues)

At the beginning of Round 3 the Buccaneers make a trade with the Jets taking Dee Milliner and a 7th off our hands and sending us Glennon and their 3rd. 

Round 3

Pick 65 - Sammie Coates WR - The Jets add probably unneeded  depth to the WR position at this point but Coates can turn into a great player and the value beats out the risk at this point.

Pick 70 - Ali Marpet G - I think Marpet could play either guard or tackle and might take a year or two to develop but this kid really stood out at the combine and I think he will end up developing well.

Round 4

Pick - 104 Bryce Petty QB - We probably don't need another QB on the roster with the addition of Glennon, but the new coaching staff and management might want to add more competition at the position and give themselves a better chance of having a starting caliber QB on the roster.

I would support this. Im not even a DGB/Sammie Coates/Bryce Petty/Melvin Gordon guy, but if the draft fell exactly like this I'd be estatic just given that we got Glennon, Ali Marpet and Vic Beasley. 

I personally thought the NFL was talking up Ali Marpet for hype value given the division, but when I seen him at the Senior Bowl it was official that this kid can play. Dude was a wall and he opened numerous holes for solid runs/TD runs and his pass protection was great. Me and a few guys from here were talking about it in the seniorbowl thread while watching the game. Ali Marpet is one of my "must have" this draft. Whether we trade back or not (Which I feel that we should), Ali Marpet should be our 3rd round pick. 

If you were wondering, regarding the guys that I said I wasnt really high on, I'd rather have Devin Smith, Tyler Lockett, Garrett Grayson, Ameer Abdulah/Duke Johnson, and if we dont get Vic Beasley I'd like to get Hau'oli Kikaha. 

I like Gurley more than Gordon, but I see Gordon as a safer pick (what if we got Gurley and he can't stay healthy). Coates I don't love outside of round 3 but in the third round I think he is worth taking a swing at and trying to develop. Petty I think is a safe pick in round 4 as a developmental experiment (With Fitz, Smith, and Glennon on the roster he would be able to sit back and learn).

Archived