TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Just finished "Five-O" from season one.  What an incredible acting job by Jonathan Banks as Mike (this guy has acting chops out the wazoo).  Might be one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.  Beautifully written and executed.

See I wonder if he's even acting. I think he's just playing himself. He's literally Mike Ehrmantrout in Airplane too:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

See I wonder if he's even acting. I think he's just playing himself. He's literally Mike Ehrmantrout in Airplane too:

There was a moment in the Five-O episode where Mike is going over the events of his son's involvement/death with his daughter-in-law.  The range of sadness to underlying anger he displays is just jaw dropping.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jack Ryan is a monumental disappointment. Everything is predictable and telegraphed, and there is a vast lack of feasibility and realism. Just awful. Krazynski is a horrid dramatic actor as well.

Thanks for saving me the time of checking this out.  Had one thought while watching the promo for the series on TV:  Who the frig cast Krasinski in the role. He seems so out of place.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for saving me the time of checking this out.  Had one thought while watching the promo for the series on TV:  Who the frig cast Krasinski in the role. He seems so out of place.

When I think superspy badass, the first name that comes to mind is John Krasinski.

And now they’re talking about him being cast as the new Batman...

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 9/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, Untouchable said:

When I think superspy badass, the first name that comes to mind is John Krasinski.

And now they’re talking about him being cast as the new Batman...

Oh God.  Looks like Clooney-as-Batman II.  

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Watch 13 hours.

Not an awful performance.  But still not where it should be for that type of role. Just my opinion, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Anyone catch Godless and Mindhunters on Netflix? Finished both over the past few weekends. Really liked Godless but had a few issues with a certain sequence, and loved Mindhunters all the way through.

Just watched the finale of Godless last night.  After a very slow start. really enjoyed the series.  Excellent performances all around.  And we got to see Lady Mary Crawley's boobs on two occasions. lol

Shoot 'em up sequences between the two groups in the last episode was fantastic.  Would have made Sam Peckinpah proud.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Better Call Saul was absolutely on fire this past season. Can't wait for next (and supposedly last) season.

I loved this season too, especially the Wexler and Mike characters.  And next year should be the last.  It really has no place to go without becoming dumb/cliche.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Hell Yes !

Any report on when it is expected?

What would you do with the story?

Nope, just beginning development.

Personally? I just want to see what happens to Jesse. One of my favorite things about the show is that it took place over such a short period of time. Everything that happens took place over only two years. Think about that for a second in terms of Jesse. From getting kidnapped and tortured by Tuco to losing his girlfriend to becoming a murderer to rehab to getting kidnapped and tortured by Nazis, all while becoming an international drug kingpin kind of against his will; and being completely mind raped by Walter ALL THE TIME. I just want to see where he goes and the type of guy he is after all of it. Like, come on, Jesse driving away at the end of the finale, anyone who didn't cheer the guy on in that scene has no soul.

Tbh I was hoping that they would make a sequel show when Saul is done that would be Jesse based, but I'll take a feature film all the same.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nope, just beginning development.

Personally? I just want to see what happens to Jesse. One of my favorite things about the show is that it took place over such a short period of time. Everything that happens took place over only two years. Think about that for a second in terms of Jesse. From getting kidnapped and tortured by Tuco to losing his girlfriend to becoming a murderer to rehab to getting kidnapped and tortured by Nazis, all while becoming an international drug kingpin kind of against his will; and being completely mind raped by Walter ALL THE TIME. I just want to see where he goes and the type of guy he is after all of it. Like, come on, Jesse driving away at the end of the finale, anyone who didn't cheer the guy on in that scene has no soul.

Tbh I was hoping that they would make a sequel show when Saul is done that would be Jesse based, but I'll take a feature film all the same.

Excellent Jesse summary RJF ! … and yes I cheered like hell for Jesse getting away 

Did they ever resolve whether or not Jesse was going to be on Saul? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, chirorob said:

I started watching Man in the High Castle on Amazon.

Really good, the whole, "What if the Nazi's Nuked Washington DC and the US lost WW2".   I really like it.

First season is great. It falls off hard after though

On 8/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, munchmemory said:

Just finished "Five-O" from season one.  What an incredible acting job by Jonathan Banks as Mike (this guy has acting chops out the wazoo).  Might be one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.  Beautifully written and executed.

IMDB him. It’ll crack you up some stuff he’s been in.

• Upvote 1