greenwichjetfan

TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

You're on the list.

Let's cook some meth b-tch.

Btw vice made a documentary about the real Walter White who was this legendary meth cook in Alabama. Same background as the character on the show, same name and he even looks like Bryan Cranston. Gilligan swears his story wasn't the basis of the show but it was.

Not a big deal I guess. Sopranos is based verbatim on the Decavalcante crew out of Jersey.

To each his own. I felt the beginning was actually amazing culminating in that six minute scene at the end of episode 4. That fourth episode is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. I actually thought the last two episodes were a drop off from the first six, but even the last two were outstanding television.

+1

IMO the ending of True Detective was way over the top and I am pretty sure I have seen it before.  The build up was kind of slow, but I found it very enjoyable and the performances were great. 

Let's cook some meth b-tch.

Btw vice made a documentary about the real Walter White who was this legendary meth cook in Alabama. Same background as the character on the show, same name and he even looks like Bryan Cranston. Gilligan swears his story wasn't the basis of the show but it was.

Not a big deal I guess. Sopranos is based verbatim on the Decavalcante crew out of Jersey.

For me I think it was the WAY I watched Breaking Bad that makes me like it so much.  Just got netflix and week later had to undergo bladder surgery.  Spent three days off my feet at home to let myself heal.  Watched a season per day.  I also had pocket full of pain pills so it kinda added to the surrealism.  LOL  

I know I'm going to enrage people but what is the big deal about breaking bad? It's a good show and Bryan Cranston and Gus are great actors but it is not the greatest accomplishment in western civilization.

Sopranos is better, The Wire is 50x better

Those shows did it first, but I wouldn't say they were better today. The Sopranos had a couple lulls over the years. I loved The Wire, but thought the final season didn't stand up as well as the previous ones. Breaking Bad had an attention to detail never found before on a TV series. Every pause of the camera over the life of the series had a meaning behind it. And there was never a lull in the action. The story arc of the main characters -aside, maybe, from Marie's kleptomania- were clear and completely plausible. They created some of the greatest peripheral characters in TV history in Tuco, Gus, Mike, and Saul.

A lot of shows I hear about and catch up on (Dexter, The Wire, among them), but Breaking Bad was one I watched from the first episode, and never missed a week. It tops my list, regardless of what the critics say.

And Breaking Bad gets extra credit for doing it on basic cable, without the added leeway allowed on an HBO.

The Walking Dead

The Americans

TURИ (America's First Spy Ring)

Vikings

Outlander

Castle

Person of Interest

Suits

Thats what the wife and I watch (her taste > my taste)

It's a good day and age to like TV< so much better content out now than in Network-only times past.

Oh man forgot Better Call Saul. Dude is so dam funny.

Except it's a drama not a comedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished up re-watching Mad Men last night, storytelling at its finest. Excited to see how Weiner ends the series. 

Also, does anyone watch The Americans? I started watching the first few episodes when they first aired, but for some reason or another I just stopped, can't remember why. Have heard good things recently, wondering if I should start it up again. 

It is old and I don't know if they are streaming it anywhere, but the old Wiseguy with Ken Wahl from the Wanderers was pretty ******* awesome. My Mom and I always liked how he took everybody's watch. It's where Kevin Spacey came from.  Joan Severance, Ray Sharkey, Tim Curry.  It's why we call Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul McPike. They tried to keep it alive an extra season with Pacino's mook partner from Scarface, Stephen Bauer, but it's best we just forget those. 

BONUS: He had a plum crazy 6-pack Challenger and worked on the carbs in the kitchen.  Just like the car Matthew Sweet drives.

Just finished up re-watching Mad Men last night, storytelling at its finest. Excited to see how Weiner ends the series. 

Also, does anyone watch The Americans? I started watching the first few episodes when they first aired, but for some reason or another I just stopped, can't remember why. Have heard good things recently, wondering if I should start it up again.

I really enjoy The Americans, and think it's gotten better as its gone on. Definitely worth catching up.

Same boat on the Americans.  It seemed good, I just never watch.

I signed up for Netflix and HBOGo back in August, and in the seven months since, I've managed to race through (in order from best to least best; not worst because they were all great):

- Breaking Bad

- True Detective

- Game of Thrones

- The Wire

- Newsroom

- House of Cards

- Entourage

- Hung

So, what should I watch next? I'm looking forward to watching the shows below, but after just finishing Breaking Bad on Saturday and letting it digest, I don't know if I'm going to be able to enjoy them. Maybe you guys can shed some light on them:

- How to make it in America

- The West Wing

- Dexter

- Sopranos

- Deadwood

- Rome

- Boardwalk Empire

- Sherlock

Any suggestions and discussions would be appreciated. 

Sopranos the first 3 seasons are pure gold. But after that it fizzled out. Knowing what i know now I would avoid Sopranos after that unless there is a lot of time on your hands.

Another show (not sure if it available on Netflix) is Homeland. The first season was pure gold. The second season also worth watching.

I'm trying to fill the time until GoT starts and I started watching The Wire. Is it one of those shows that takes six episodes to get into?

If it takes six episodes than so be it. It is so worth it. The best show ever put on TeeVee. Period.