Kraft testifies at Hernandez Trial

papz187

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe people ITT are harping on Krafts sneakers.  The man is old, probably has poor circulation in his feet and the sneakers are probably for better circulation and comfort.

Plus he is old, when you hit that age all old people have the "I don't give a **** what anyone thinks" attitude and they kind of deserve it, they are old. lol

Unless I read his testimony I can't see why his testimony was necessary or even admissible.  I thought at first it was the defense trying to backdoor testimony that he denied it without opening him up to cross-examination.  But if the state offered it for the purpose of showing that he is a liar it is not particularly probative.  I think some of these prosecutors love putting famous people on the stand even if it adds nothing or almost nothing to their case.

Unless I read his testimony I can't see why his testimony was necessary or even admissible.  I thought at first it was the defense trying to backdoor testimony that he denied it without opening him up to cross-examination.  But if the state offered it for the purpose of showing that he is a liar it is not particularly probative.  I think some of these prosecutors love putting famous people on the stand even if it adds nothing or almost nothing to their case.

Probably true.  The question for me is what would cause Kraft to openly ask a player about this?  You would think there would have to something that would prompt him to make such a question.

Probably true.  The question for me is what would cause Kraft to openly ask a player about this?  You would think there would have to something that would prompt him to make such a question.

Agreed, it is kind of ridiculous. On the one hand, being in the public eye I guess they feel they have to be able to answer affirmatively to a reporter who asks, "Did you even bother to ask him [about the events, if he's guilty, etc.]?" On the other hand, guilty and innocent suspects alike would answer the question identically, so it is pointless to ask in the first place. If there was any chance of Hernandez answering "yes I did it" to the question, he might be just as likely to murder Kraft on the spot for now knowing the truth...or even just because he's a f*cking lunatic.

I wonder what it could have been.... could it possibly be that his player was being charged with murder?

I can't believe people ITT are harping on Krafts sneakers.  The man is old, probably has poor circulation in his feet and the sneakers are probably for better circulation and comfort.

Plus he is old, when you hit that age all old people have the "I don't give a **** what anyone thinks" attitude and they kind of deserve it, they are old. lol

Its certainly possible that he needed different shoes for circulation.  But I don't think that customized Air Force Ones are recommended by podiatrists.  

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft in known for his love of Nike's classic Air Force 1 shoes, and he busted out his fanciest pair Sunday night after the Patriots grabbed their fourth Super Bowl title in 14 seasons.

The sparkle-studded Nikes are part of a set that Kraft had custom made for himself and longtime New England Patriots cornerback Ty Law upon Law's induction into the Patriots Hall of Fame.

Kraft loves the shoes so much that he even designed a limited edition pair which Nike released last year, which features the teams logo on the tongue and inside the sole, and which Kraft wore on the field before Sunday's game.

kraftssneakers.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

See, Sports Illustrated, Patriots' Robert Kraft wears sparkly Air Force Ones after Super Bowl, Feb. 2, 2015, available at: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/02/02/new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-super-bowl-air-force-ones

Which is besides the point anyway because Robert Kraft has worn formal footwear in the recent past 

Baltimore%2BRavens%2Bv%2BNew%2BEngland%2

And he could just purchase orthopedic dress shoes anyway.  http://www.healthyfeetstore.com/%C2'>

Agreed, it is kind of ridiculous. On the one hand, being in the public eye I guess they feel they have to be able to answer affirmatively to a reporter who asks, "Did you even bother to ask him [about the events, if he's guilty, etc.]?" On the other hand, guilty and innocent suspects alike would answer the question identically, so it is pointless to ask in the first place. If there was any chance of Hernandez answering "yes I did it" to the question, he might be just as likely to murder Kraft on the spot for now knowing the truth...or even just because he's a f*cking lunatic.

But think about how uncomfortable that encounter must be. I've never worked with someone who was well-known to have been accused of murder but that's got to be an awkward encounter in the hallway at work.

"So..... how was your weekend?"

Kraft had a hard time answering simple questions such as what year they drafted Hernandez....his answer was something like "I believe in 2010 or 2011, somewhere around there", where did Hernandez go to school he said Florida, then the prosecutor asked "University of Florida?" And he said he couldn't remember which one, it's the one with Urban Meyer, he always gets the two mixed up (Florida and FSU I'm guessing), and wasn't able to tell them how long the extension AH signed was for, basically saying he doesn't pay attention to the details he just approves it.

Really doesn't come off as an owner who has his hand on the pulse of the organization.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Rolando McClain "I felt like Aaron Hernandez, like I just wanted to kill somebody"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rolando-mcclain-said-felt-aaron-hernandez-just-wanted-192858336--nfl.html

Patriots bring in Rolando McClain for a visit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482544/article/patriots-bring-in-rolando-mcclain-for-a-visit

These guys just don't know when enough is enough huh lol

Rolando McClain "I felt like Aaron Hernandez, like I just wanted to kill somebody"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rolando-mcclain-said-felt-aaron-hernandez-just-wanted-192858336--nfl.html

Patriots bring in Rolando McClain for a visit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482544/article/patriots-bring-in-rolando-mcclain-for-a-visit

These guys just don't know when enough is enough huh lol

I love this line from the article about McClain visiting the Pats:

Under Belichick, the accountability and regiment are unlike any other stop in the NFL

Did Conor Orr type that with a straight face?

I love this line from the article about McClain visiting the Pats:

"Under Belichick, the accountability and regiment are unlike any other stop in the NFL"

Did Conor Orr type that with a straight face?

I get the impression that the recent success of the Patriots and the stern attitude of Belichick provides a superficial impression that the Patriots themselves run the organization in a compliant fashion.  Odd that a tight-lipped organization is presumed to be rule-abiding / accountable / or to have a good culture in general when the same sort of conduct by corporations tends to suggest they may be involved in criminal conduct like Siemens.  

Don't you people watch Dateline or 48 Hours? Coworkers and bosses end up on the stand all the time. Plus if the cops talked to Kraft about anything the prosecutor and defense would be dumb to not ask him something.

Because it's not hearsay.

Depends on the purpose for which the testimony was elicited. If the prosecution called Kraft to say Hernandez told me xyz, and then argues xyz is false, thats not hearsay. If the defense elicited that testimony to argue that Hernandez truthfully denied involvement when asked by his boss (i.e. "you've heard that he vigorously denies the accusations"), it's classic hearsay.

The definition of hearsay is "an out of court statement admitted into evidence for the truth of the statement." There are exceptions for when that's OK, but "he told me he was innocent" isn't one of them

Depends on the purpose for which the testimony was elicited. If the prosecution called Kraft to say Hernandez told me xyz, and then argues xyz is false, thats not hearsay. If the defense elicited that testimony to argue that Hernandez truthfully denied involvement when asked by his boss (i.e. "you've heard that he vigorously denies the accusations"), it's classic hearsay.

The definition of hearsay is "an out of court statement admitted into evidence for the truth of the statement." There are exceptions for when that's OK, but "he told me he was innocent" isn't one of them

Kraft was testifying for the prosecution. I think the reason they had him on the stand was to demonstrate that Hernandez lied. He told Kraft he was at a club the night Lloyd died. He later told the cops a different story. Why lie if you are innocent.

Kraft saying Hernandez told him he was innocent is a red herring. 

Like I said, I'm not an attorney, but if someone admitted to a crime (or denied it; whichever), the testimony of the person it was admitted to seems like it should be admissible. It's direct testimony of statements made by the defendant. The witness has witnessed evidence (in this case, a statement) directly from the defendant. It isn't hearsay. Kraft heard it right from the horse's mouth.

Kraft isn't testifying that he witnessed the crime, but that he witnessed testimony made by the defendant; statement(s) made between the date of the crime and the date he was formally charged. 

If Hernandez bragged to someone that he killed Lloyd, I'd think that one who heard it would be called by the prosecution, and that person would be asked to recant what he heard the defendant say. No different here, though Kraft is being asked to testify that Hernandez denied it (for whatever reason). 

Like I said, I'm not an attorney, but if someone admitted to a crime (or denied it; whichever), the testimony of the person it was admitted to seems like it should be admissible. It's direct testimony of statements made by the defendant. The witness has witnessed evidence (in this case, a statement) directly from the defendant. It isn't hearsay. Kraft heard it right from the horse's mouth.

Kraft isn't testifying that he witnessed the crime, but that he witnessed testimony made by the defendant; statement(s) made between the date of the crime and the date he was formally charged. 

If Hernandez bragged to someone that he killed Lloyd, I'd think that one who heard it would be called by the prosecution, and that person would be asked to recant what he heard the defendant say. No different here, though Kraft is being asked to testify that Hernandez denied it (for whatever reason). 

This is the lawyer AH should have hired...

7d50bf2cdd2092c4f3f042050c91b971.JPG?ito

This is Kraft showing up at court this morning.:

CBbe188XIAAgUAU.jpg

Look dude, I get that you are dating this young chick. But a 73-year-old wearing sneakers with a suit does not look hip and cool. He looks like he forgot what he was getting dressed for in the middle of the process.

He's guilty of being short and stubby.

Archived