Jets to remain in Florham Park

DaBallhawk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Woody invests $$$ in bleachers, Florham Park is not fan friendly for watching

practice.  Yes it's local but that wears off quickly when you're standing around all day

Duh, usually teams stay at the facility until training camp breaks and I dont know of any sleeping facilities on site.

If they are really adamant about making them all stay together rather than at home, Fairleigh Dickinson University is directly across the street and I'm sure they could work something out for a few weeks

Unless Woody invests $$$ in bleachers, Florham Park is not fan friendly for watching

practice.  Yes it's local but that wears off quickly when you're standing around all day

They are planning on adding bleachers I believe.

New York Jets Training Camp

The New York Jets Have announced that the team will hold its 2015 training camp at their state-of-the-art facilities in Florham Park at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

The team expressed their gratitude to Cortland, New York and the support they offered the Jets who spent five of the past six seasons there under Rex Ryan.

The Jets and owner Woody Johnson praised the work of the staff at Cortland in a release on their web site:

“SUNY Cortland felt like home because of the tremendous local support we received during our time there,” said Jets Owner Woody Johnson. “President Erik Bitterbaum and the university staff, as well as the families and businesses of Central New York, all went above and beyond to embrace our organization and create a comfortable environment for our team and fans. They always will be a part of our Jets family.”

The move back to Florham Park moves camp closer to a large portion of its fan base which will be great news to those who didn’t look forward to the drive up to central New York.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BlLW_cmZzCI

View the full article

I am surprised there are no bleacher's at Florham Park. How will he eventually charge PSL's if there are no seats to begin with.

Should've taken the opportunity to go back to Long island, where they belong. 

do people on LI feel they same way about Jersey as I feel about them?  I've said the whole time that the only way I will not attend any training camp is if it's on LI. I'd drive to Cortland, Cape May, the freaking Adirondacks, but i'm not going to LI. 

do people on LI feel they same way about Jersey as I feel about them?  I've said the whole time that the only way I will not attend any training camp is if it's on LI. I'd drive to Cortland, Cape May, the freaking Adirondacks, but i'm not going to LI. 

If that's the case, then yes, that's exactly how we feel. Except we're not going anywhere. 

I like this move, gives the Home fans chance to watch their team, never understood the Cortland thing. Jets have a state of the art facility and did not use it.

Rex had a thing for "Male Bonding" If guys didn't have their families and chicks around distracting them, players form closer bonds. :love0038:

Glad they are staying home.  I know people may not like it b/c its not fan friendly.  That is the least of my concerns.  I just want them to utilize everything at florham.  I attribute our poor conditioning and rehabbing of injuries caused in TC to not being at home with the right equipment and doctors.

Rex had a thing for "Male Bonding" If guys didn't have their families and chicks around distracting them, players form closer bonds. :love0038:

What does that have to do with it, the team can still put them up in a hotel at the stadium?   

Florham Park seems like it was the plan all along. Then Rex said he wanted to go away for camp.

I know people want it in Long Island. But doing camp at home will actually be a selling point for the players in future years. And bigger crowds should mean the practices are filled with energy.

Glad they are staying home.  I know people may not like it b/c its not fan friendly.  That is the least of my concerns.  I just want them to utilize everything at florham.  I attribute our poor conditioning and rehabbing of injuries caused in TC to not being at home with the right equipment and doctors.

I think it can be fan friendly though. They have to add bleachers. There is a huge open area right next to the main field that they work on. Bleachers would make things much better.

Duh, usually teams stay at the facility until training camp breaks and I dont know of any sleeping facilities on site.

Drew University and FDU are both within 2 miles and have dorms. All they need is a shuttle service.

Florham Park seems like it was the plan all along. Then Rex said he wanted to go away for camp.

I know people want it in Long Island. But doing camp at home will actually be a selling point for the players in future years. And bigger crowds should mean the practices are filled with energy.

Atlantic Health as currently designed, can not accommodate more than a very small crowd. A couple of hundred. They will need to make some radical changes to the grounds.

Archived