Odell Beckham Jr. Vs. Amari Cooper

JetBlue

This time last year no one could have predicted just how good Beckham would be.  He was taken 12th by the Giants.   This year everyone is singing the praises of Amari Cooper and I understand why but he is no Odell Beckham, I'm sorry.  This kid was/is downright sick.  Jets can't do anything right. We can't even pick the right year to go 4-12.... smdh. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zzUB6WMmk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time last year no one could have predicted just how good Beckham would be. He was taken 12th by the Giants. This year everyone is singing the praises of Amari Cooper and I understand why but he is no Odell Beckham, I'm sorry. This kid was/is downright sick. Jets can't do anything right. We can't even pick the right year to go 4-12.... smdh.

A lot of us knew he was going to be really good. I was just happy they didn't reach for marqise lee in the 1st

This time last year no one could have predicted just how good Beckham would be.  He was taken 12th by the Giants.   This year everyone is singing the praises of Amari Cooper and I understand why but he is no Odell Beckham, I'm sorry.  This kid was/is downright sick.  Jets can't do anything right. We can't even pick the right year to go 4-12.... smdh. 

OBJ reminds me of Steph Curry of the GS Warriors... just makes everything look so easy. An incredibly gifted athlete who toys with people.

I remember last year we all thought OBJ was the pick if he fell, some mocks even had us picking him at 18. It didn't work out, like most of the time on draft day. However, cooper is a really good talent and can be a really good receiver. So should we not draft him because he most likely isn't as good as OBJ? If he's BAP you take him. Simple as that.

I remember last year we all thought OBJ was the pick if he fell, some mocks even had us picking him at 18. It didn't work out, like most of the time on draft day. However, cooper is a really good talent and can be a really good receiver. So should we not draft him because he most likely isn't as good as OBJ? If he's BAP you take him. Simple as that.

Yes, BAP is way to go at 6. What is BAP to you and me might not be BAP to the jets.

If fowlers there I want him. If they take cooper, it won't be a a bad pick, just not MY pick.

Yes, BAP is way to go at 6. What is BAP to you and me might not be BAP to the jets.

If fowlers there I want him. If they take cooper, it won't be a a bad pick, just not MY pick.

Fowler is the guy I want as well, just afraid he won't make it to 6.

Just another year where a totally meaningless win at the end of the year screwed our draft.

The title brings up a memory of an epically long thread in the jetsinsider draft forum last year that was Beckham vs Cooks, that one went on for pages and pages.

Honestly, you have zero idea what you are talking about otherwise we would have seen you posting last year that ODB should be the #1 pick before the draft started. In fact, if the Giants didn't even know he would be this good because if they did they would have traded up to get him and not risk someone else stealing him before they selected. 

Cooper could be a bust or he could end up with a better career than ODB.

Cooper is a better prospect and it's not even close. Beckham didn't have the production. Having worked out in hindsight isn't the same as being a sure thing going in.

Knowing what we know now, that is kinda silly.  Cooper will not match Beckham's production.  Beckham had the best rookie WR season ever, basically, and he had it in 12 games.

I doubt Beckham is going to sustain the same type of success in his sophomore year. That said, I don't really understand the point of this thread at all. ODJ had probably the greatest rookie season a WR could ever have this side of Randy Moss. Why are we setting the bar this high again, for not just Cooper, but any rookie??? 

Also somebody sort of brought this up already, ODB comes nowhere near that production in the Jets system last year, as with most other teams. 

Cooper's a great prospect and is most likely going to be an excellent pro. I'll take that at 6.

If they both came out last year or this year, Cooper would be picked over Beckham because had better stats and grades better in most categories.  If Beckham fell to us in the 1st round last year then  people would not know who this kid is besides us. Geno would not get him the ball and he wouldn't have  all those stats he complied with the Giants.  Heck, getting selected by the Giants was like hitting the lotto for him.  Eli loves to throw them up there whether they are covered or not which is why he throws so many into's.  Beckham's crazy skill for grabbing jump balls is perfect for Eli.   That is not all Beckham does but it makes for highlight films.  Cooper could have been good with Eli but wouldn't match OBJ's numbers.

Wasn't Sammy Watkins the next big thing?  He could be but not with out the QB he needs..

Knowing what we know now, that is kinda silly.  Cooper will not match Beckham's production.  Beckham had the best rookie WR season ever, basically, and he had it in 12 games.

Eh?  Did you just ignore the part where they talked about hindsight?

Also a guy like Beckham shows you how much an elite Wr can help a QB.  Eli gets credit for a nice 40 yard td bomb on a play he over throws the ball badly, the WR was interfered with and the guy makes a circus catch.  Geno smith throws the same pass and he is a bum for over throwing his receiver.  I'd gladly take a guy like3 White at #6.

None of these numbers are bad for a rookie WR. Some are GREAT, some are with injuries, some are due to system/scheme/surrounding talent/QB...

65-982-06  in 16 games played

91-1305-12 in 12 games played

68-1051-12 in 15 games played

73-1008-09 in 16 games played

53-550-03  in 10 games played

37-422-01  in 12 games played

None of these numbers are bad for a rookie WR. Some are GREAT, some are with injuries, some are due to system/scheme/surrounding talent/QB...

65-982-06 in 16 games played

91-1305-12 in 12 games played

68-1051-12 in 15 games played

73-1008-09 in 16 games played

53-550-03 in 10 games played

37-422-01 in 12 games played

The last one is pretty weak actually

Archived