Kyle wilson to the saints

After former first-round pick Kyle Wilson signed with the Saints today, the Jets have no players remaining from their 2008 to 2010 drafts. Of the 13 players picked in that time period, only one, Matt Slauson, is a full-time starter in the league.

You know you draft for sh!t when you're elated the day comes that you no longer have any of the feces you drafted under contract. 

I am surprised he didn't get more interest.  I didn't expect a big contract, but he seemed to be a decent tackler and okay when facing the QB.  If the stories are to be believed he was a decent worker too, learning all the positions.  He really couldn't cut it as a straight man guy and this past season really exposed him because if he couldn't get run with the 2014 Jets, he was obviously deep in the doghouse.

I don't know, Dwayne Robertson was pretty awful too.

Robertson was 10x the player Wilson was.  He was clearly a disappointment, but the dude held his own as a miscast NT under Mangini and never complained.  Never dominated as they'd hoped but offered a lot more than Wilson IMO.

Robertson was 10x the player Wilson was.  He was clearly a disappointment, but the dude held his own as a miscast NT under Mangini and never complained.  Never dominated as they'd hoped but offered a lot more than Wilson IMO.

I share your opinion, bro. D-fat was a attribute a lot of the time he was on the field. KW was a liability.

Archived