Stevan Ridley Visiting Jets

Jet9

Although I saw another tweet that has Macc and Bowles at Miami Pro Day today. Are they meeting down there?

He's terrible. I prefer to draft a burner type RB in the draft.

Well, if he comes cheap I am okay with it; it doesn't preclude us from drafting a running back in the mid to late rounds.  Just gives us a few more options.  

Well, if he comes cheap I am okay with it; it doesn't preclude us from drafting a running back in the mid to late rounds. Just gives us a few more options.

There's a reason he's still on the market. He's a poor man's Chris Ivory with a massive fumbling issue. He will not contribute on special teams.

He's not a good player, which is why he hasn't been picked up yet and could be signed for a cheap deal.

I'm surprised no one else likes this potential buy low pickup but the way I see it is:  give him a 1 year buy low deal.  He has a ton of ability but his fumbling issues held him back a bit.  His knee surgery was serious but we need depth at RB and I hate going into the draft knowing we had to take RB in the 1st 4 rounds.  With our roster we need to be able to draft BPA.  Just my 2 cents

Ridley is a JAG and we all know it. He was benched for a time by BB for fumbling so I don't expect much if they do sign him.

How many JAGs have had a season like Ridley had in 2012?  The guy was by far the best and most talented pure rusher the Patriots had since Corey Dillon.  He's two years removed from that big season and coming off a serious injury, so he may well not be the same player he once was, but JAG he most certainly is not. 

How many JAGs have had a season like Ridley had in 2012?  The guy was by far the best and most talented pure rusher the Patriots had since Corey Dillon.  He's two years removed from that big season and coming off a serious injury, so he may well not be the same player he once was, but JAG he most certainly is not. 

Again for the right price he is worth a look; we might catch lightining in a bottle; if not, we can always cut him.  I don't understand what the big deal is. 

Ridley is a very good rb, he does not fumble that much, about once every 75 carries which is better than average for RB and the same as Chris Ivory.  It is just that BB places a higher value on ball security than most NFL coaches and he benched him for it.

For the guy who question his value due to the lack of interest shown, you have to remember that he can not even run at full speed yet, but should be ready by mid July.

Ridley is a very good rb, he does not fumble that much, about once every 75 carries which is better than average for RB and the same as Chris Ivory.  It is just that BB places a higher value on ball security than most NFL coaches and he benched him for it.

For the guy who question his value due to the lack of interest shown, you have to remember that he can not even run at full speed yet, but should be ready by mid July.

It is easier to fumble a properly inflated football.

There's a reason he's still on the market. He's a poor man's Chris Ivory with a massive fumbling issue. He will not contribute on special teams.

He's not a good player, which is why he hasn't been picked up yet and could be signed for a cheap deal.

Let's see. Chris Ivory 636 career carries for 2961 yards 2 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

Ridley 649 career carries for 2817 yards  22 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

If anything, Ivory is a poor mans Ridley with a more massive fumbling problem. Maybe he hasn't been picked up is because he hasn't been cleared

medically after his torn ACL. 

Let's see. Chris Ivory 636 career carries for 2961 yards 2 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

Ridley 649 career carries for 2817 yards 22 touchdowns and 8 fumbles.

If anything, Ivory is a poor mans Ridley with a more massive fumbling problem. Maybe he hasn't been picked up is because he hasn't been cleared

medically after his torn ACL.

Okay, so Riddley would be the same player as Ivory if it wasn't for his fumbling problem. That's absolutrly insane.

Archived