The Shining - Day 1

Leelou

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you weren't stupid, i don't think there's a player who would've played it any differently

for stupid look at Jif he managed to protect 2 different scum in a game with only 3 night phases

lmfao by far my worst game ever....by far.  Worse than any of my scum team disasters. 

Lol.. 

As soon as jif was cavalier about his claim I knew he had a good one. Then when he overreacted to Arsis, I knew he was doctor

I wasnt trying to be cavalier...I thought it was a real claim at first so I was trying to get him to commit to it.  The derp level was so ******* ridiculously high (I was the biggest in the end), that I really couldnt figure out wtf was going on. 

haha - played like sh*t.  I blame 80.

believe it or not I was actually mildly worried you might do something right whether it be seeing through the follower/cop situation or making the protect of the century with Arsis.

thankfully you're still pretty terrible at this.

Nyn unfortunately I have very little time to play this game properly...so I do my best to look to people who are doing a good job doing the difficult stuff. That ends up being you, a lot. You're just doing really well. You're so thorough, maybe that you may get "paralysis by analysis." The funny thing about you trying to get your feedback from the group is that the group is starting to see you emerge as one of our strongest players... so you have to find a way to strike a balance between the need to be thorough and the need to pull the trigger...because you may find yourself seeing less and less of your peers do as much work as you are.  Nobody is ever 100% right, that mindset is a guaranteed way to wait too long to make a choice and definitely lose. Also, voting me just to move the game along there, I understand that sentiment totally. It's the "**** it" mentality. Don't let that sentiment take over your head and beat you... take a deep breath and walk around the block and come back less emotional. I'm telling you this not as a mafia player but as someone who has to balance out analysis and risk taking in my RL job. You'll figure it out. I'm glad you're playing here

Good post here.

Archived