If you could change the outcome of one play, which would it be?

TuscanyTile2

This. It was the first play that came to mind when I saw this thread. I can't think of 1 play that would of made a difference in the Jets winning a SB or not......but if Starks hits that 3 then game over, series over, Knicks are champs.

He had a hell of a 4th quarter in that game 6 too......without him we aren't even in striking distance to win it. Feel bad for the guy, if Olajuwon doesn't get a finger tip on the ball I think he makes it.....Starks was on fire!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Starks has said, several times, it was going in if he didn't tip it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. HELL YEAH!!! Oak was the man. I really miss those 90s Knicks teams from the start of the decade with the bruisers like Oak and Mason to accompany Ewing, Starks, etc to the late 90s teams with LJ, Houston, Spree, Camby, etc.

The Knicks of the past 15 years or so have been tough to watch. I'm not confident Phil can get the job done either. Trading Chandler for next to nothing, taking on Calderon's 3 year deal just to get rid of Felton when later in the season Mozgov (sp?) was traded for two 1sts, giving up Shump for nothing just to dump JR and not even getting the 1st from Cleveland in the deal, etc. I just hope he picks the right player with whatever pick he ends up with (probably a lock it's a top 3).

click on the link

oak couldn't carry akeems jock

click on the link

oak couldn't carry akeems jock

Well obviously, even the most causal 90s basketball fan knows that. Olajuwon is a hall of famer.

I'm just saying Oak was a personal favorite of mine. Oak was a 4, Hakeem was a 5, they played different positions anyways. Otis Thorp played the 4 for Houston, and even though he had a solid series Oakley outplayed him.

Well obviously, even the most causal 90s basketball fan knows that. Olajuwon is a hall of famer.

I'm just saying Oak was a personal favorite of mine. Oak was a 4, Hakeem was a 5, they played different positions anyways. Otis Thorp played the 4 for Houston, and even though he had a solid series Oakley outplayed him.

cool.  the night I met my wife, there was a knicks game on tv at the bar.  I told her oakley was my favorite knick,  she actually said to me "you mean barkley"

I'm amazed we're married tbh, lol

cool. the night I met my wife, there was a knicks game on tv at the bar. I told her oakley was my favorite knick, she actually said to me "you mean barkley"

I'm amazed we're married tbh, lol

Lol they hated each other too huh.....Oak was a bad mofo....Jalen Rose on a podcast named his all NBA "dark alley" team of the guys you don't wanna meet in a dark alley. He picked the Bad Boy Piston teams and Oakley, that's it lol

Starks has said, several times, it was going in if he didn't tip it.

I believe him, no doubt about it. Hard to imagine that series was over 20 years ago now, but when I went back and watched that game 6 recently Starks was unconscious in the 4th quarter of that game. He would of single handedly won them that game if Hakeem doesn't tip that final shot.

It's a shame how game 7 went. Starks was like 2 for 18 I believe......it sucked but I feel bad for the guy. He played his ass off and just had a horrible final game. I heard him say he was trying too hard and not playing within himself in retrospect, which caused the terrible game.

He's still one of my all time favorites and always gave it his all, played with a lot of heart....similar to Chrebet in that sense and also as long shots to make their respective teams to becoming fan favorites.

2010 AFCCG. Jets backed up around their own 15 down 17-0 with 90 seconds left in the 1st half, 3rd and 17...

Instead of running a draw and setting up to punt, Schitthead called a high risk and low reward 7-step drop for Mark. Strip-sack TD. Game outta reach.

Jets come back and win that game even with the goaline fiasco if they punt there.

Told this story many times. I was at that game with my father in the upper deck. Seconds before the snap I turned to my father and said "draw and punt right?" He said, "yup."

Damnit I hate Schitty.

I was at that game two.  Was thinking about that play, but we were already down 17-3 at that point.  The play I mentioned earlier was the flag that extended the opening drive for Pitt.  Instead of a 3 and out, Steelers had a 15+ play scoring drive and we never quite recovered for the entire half.  This game still haunts me more than the other CG appearances because I still believe we were the better team.  

Kyle Wilson dropped pick 6 in second half of 2010 afccg. I think we win the game if he makes that play.

Wow I forgot all about that play.....that would have been huge if he brings in the pick. We really had so many chances that game, from flags extending Steelers drives in 3rd down or Ben running for 8 on 3rd and 7, goal line stand, etc. Still hurts to think about it.

So many good ones here, haha... I'd have to go with 1981 Wild Card game at Shea...Bruce Harper holds onto the opening kickoff instead of fumbling it... It was the first playoff game post Namath and if that didn't happen maybe everything that followed in future seasons could have been different...Reverse Curse

So many good ones here, haha... I'd have to go with 1981 Wild Card game at Shea...Bruce Harper holds onto the opening kickoff instead of fumbling it... It was the first playoff game post Namath and if that didn't happen maybe everything that followed in future seasons could have been different...Reverse Curse

Damn I knew the 70s weren't kind to the Jets but didn't realize they didn't make it back to the playoffs until 81 post Namath.

Safe to say the 70s were the Jets worst decade in franchise history?

Interesting one. That was a wild game.

Damn I knew the 70s weren't kind to the Jets but didn't realize they didn't make it back to the playoffs until 81 post Namath.

Safe to say the 70s were the Jets worst decade in franchise history?

Interesting one. That was a wild game.

First playoff game post Namath...First play-Kickoff fumbled by Harper - TD Bills...F cking Typical, right?

Alot of experts picked the Jets to win the SB entering the playoffs...They were the hottest team in the NFL at the end of the season.

I loved that team, Sack Exchange, Darrol Ray, Buttle, Walker, Dierking, Augustiniak, Gaffney, Barkum...

First playoff game post Namath...First play-Kickoff fumbled by Harper - TD Bills...F cking Typical, right?

Alot of experts picked the Jets to win the SB entering the playoffs...They were the hottest team in the NFL at the end of the season.

I loved that team, Sack Exchange, Darrol Ray, Buttle, Walker, Dierking, Augustiniak, Gaffney, Barkum...

First game i actually remember , I was 10....we were down 24-3 or something right ?...then made a huge comeback and were about to win and Todd got picked in the end zone.

That was the best era of Jet football, in my mind.

I was at that game two. Was thinking about that play, but we were already down 17-3 at that point. The play I mentioned earlier was the flag that extended the opening drive for Pitt. Instead of a 3 and out, Steelers had a 15+ play scoring drive and we never quite recovered for the entire half. This game still haunts me more than the other CG appearances because I still believe we were the better team.

No. It was 17-0. The Jets mounted a super late drive to kick a FG at the end of the half to make it 24-3.

First, without question, is that I would have Leon Hess in a medically induced coma (from which he would bear no ill effects) on the day he thought it would be a good idea to buy the Jets.

For an actual play?  Somehow, Victor Green doesn't bite on Elway's pump fake.  A close second would be that we knock down/intercept Roethlisberger's last pass in the AFCCG.

No. It was 17-0. The Jets mounted a super late drive to kick a FG at the end of the half to make it 24-3.

(Edit-sorry correcting wrong person)

Youre wrong, 24-0

"With a 10-5-1 record, the Jets hosted the 10-6 Bills in the Wild Card round thanks to a tie-breaking win over the Denver Broncos in Week 8. The Bills opened up on the Jets in the first quarter, taking a 17-0 lead into the second quarter before Joe Ferguson's second touchdown pass made it 24-0 in the second quarter."

You are right.  the strip sack put us behind 24-0.  I should have remembered that, I guess I am just getting old.

Archived