Ridley to Jets?? Ian Rappaport

32EBoozer

Are you serious???  You do realize we don't have a RB under contract past this year.  Ivory is on the last year

of his deal and Powell & Ridley signed 1 year deals.  Who cares about the guaranteed $$$ Ridley got, if he can't

come back to form he's gone.  On top of that why are people complaining about him???  Other than this year

when he got hurt he's averaged over 4 yards a rush:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14028/stevan-ridley

We'll draft our future workhorse RB this year

If we take one of the stud RB's in the first 3 rounds, who gets cut? We will not have 4 RB's on the active roster week 1.

If Ridley has even a million dollars guaranteed, and he doesn't make the roster it's unacceptable. And cutting Ivory or not resigning him next year is nonsensical to me, considering what he brings to the table.

Duke Johnson, Ivory and Powell are a great trio for us. Ridley is a dumb signing, unless he accepted little to no guaranteed money. Which I doubt.

Also, I don't think he sucks, but he's coming off a major injury... And I like Ivory.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridley has terrible hands. Can't catch and fumbles and coming off injury.

This is stupid. Why do this before the draft?

Ivory might be in jeopardy though, that is true because if he truly chose the Jets because of Gaileys offense then they promised him a big role.

You're drawing a false conclusion here. 

He probably got crap offers from the other teams, as well as us, and opted for the Jets where the system might increase his value. Nothing more than that. 

Nobody in their right mind promises a big role to a RB who can't hold onto the football. I'm surprised we added him altogether, but I get the sense that Mac wants to be able to trade this draft away for Mariotta if the chance presents itself. As it stands, we're really setting ourselves up to have a complete team without drafting anyone. The biggest holes are probably QB, RG and OLB and each of these positions is serviceable at the moment. 

So let me get this straight, Jet fans are NOW UPSET because our front office is

relentless in increasing the talent on the team???  Give me a break!!!

If you knew nothing about the past 6 years, the salary cap situation coming into this off-season, and the moves we've made the past 2 months... and all you did was look at our roster, you might get the impression that the Jets have actually drafted well over the past 6 years. The makeup of this roster is so, SO much better than it has been the past few years. 

So let me get this straight, Jet fans are NOW UPSET because our front office is

relentless in increasing the talent on the team???  Give me a break!!!

So anyone they sign with a recognizable name we are supposed to do a back flip? Isn't the point of these boards to express your personal view?

This signing is dumb. Period. The Cromartie contract was dumb. Period. The Harris extension was dumb. Period. Not making a deal for Foles was dumb. Period.

By next offseason we will be cap strapped, still have no QB, a pair of 30 something CB's we are handcuffed to and Jets fans will be like "Why did they sign Cro, he sucks".

Well I'm saying it in April of 2015. Mark it down.

What a sh*tty highlight compilation.

30 seconds of the first 90 is Patriots fellation, and who gives a **** about his combine stuff... if you jump to the middle, you'll at least see him running. I watch more Pats games than I should, so I've seen a lot of him over the years up here. He runs like he's shot out of a cannon. If he can fix the fumbling, he'll be a good addition.

If he can't fix the fumbles, then the combination of him and Geno might = 30+ turnovers via fumble and INT 

I've had big questions about some moves we have made and the way these contracts have been structured. But this move is senseless. I'm seriously getting worried. This is an outstanding RB draft. We have 2 seasoned vets in Powell and Ivory. Why sign an aging RB coming off a major injury??

We NEED a young player at this position. Ajayi, Duke Johnson, even Josh Robinson as a late round pick. Why sign this guy?

I really wish we had brought in an expierienced GM.

You're seriously worried about a signing for vet minimum and very little guaranteed money for a player that is no lock to make the team?

The signing will have no impact to the Jets' ability to draft a RB.

Aging?  He's 26

You're post is dumb.

So anyone they sign with a recognizable name we are supposed to do a back flip? Isn't the point of these boards to express your personal view?

This signing is dumb. Period. The Cromartie contract was dumb. Period. The Harris extension was dumb. Period. Not making a deal for Foles was dumb. Period.

By next offseason we will be cap strapped, still have no QB, a pair of 30 something CB's we are handcuffed to and Jets fans will be like "Why did they sign Cro, he sucks".

Cromartie and Harris being dumb has nothing to do with this uneventful signing. We had poor running back play last year and are kicking the tires on someone else. Who cahez.

lol, marking it down is dumb. Period.

Fine. And when we have a better record next year, we will laugh at you.

You're seriously worried about a signing for vet minimum and very little guaranteed money for a player that is no lock to make the team?

The signing will have no impact to the Jets' ability to draft a RB.

Aging?  He's 26

You're post is dumb.

So you have details on this signing? If so post them. If there is little to no guaranteed money I'll shut up.

And your mouth is pretty. Bring it over here and talk to the microphone ;)

90% of these deals are 1 yr deals or have easy outs. Go look them up. Mark it down.

Dude, you know you'll be the first guy crying next offseason about all of this. Seriously.

Are you marking that down? If you do, can you follow it up with an uncomfortably forced male-on-male blowjob reference?

What I'm saying is this.

Because of this signing I feel confident that we will not take a RB in the first 3 rounds this year. Meaning no Gordon, Johnson, Ajayi....

So we don't have to wait until next offseason. In a few weeks we will see what happens. If we don't take one of the top 4 or 5 backs, I was right about my concerns regarding this "uneventful" signing.

That's my issue, Ridley is an OK back, but we have zero need for this guy in this situation, and it makes it hard to draft a top RB.

What I'm saying is this.

Because of this signing I feel confident that we will not take a RB in the first 3 rounds this year. Meaning no Gordon, Johnson, Ajayi....

So we don't have to wait until next offseason. In a few weeks we will see what happens. If we don't take one of the top 4 or 5 backs, I was right about my concerns regarding this "uneventful" signing.

That's my issue, Ridley is an OK back, but we have zero need for this guy in this situation, and it makes it hard to draft a top RB.

This signing doesn't have anything to do with drafting a RB or not, anywhere. If this signing does than Woody needs to clean house again because you're basing your draft decision on a RB 6 months removed from ACL & MCL surgery.

So you have details on this signing? If so post them. If there is little to no guaranteed money I'll shut up.

And your mouth is pretty. Bring it over here and talk to the microphone ;)

Considering the Jets have done  nothing but sign players to minimum contracts and little guaranteed money over the last week for the players they have signed, what makes you think they gave Ridley anything different?

So far you've intimated this move means the Jets won't draft a RB, and that the Jets will be in cap hell next off-season, you're posts on the Ridley signing is a joke.

Your whining is ignorant and a waste of time.

What I'm saying is this.

Your conclusion is presumptuous. Mac is quite clearly setting up a true BPA draft approach by filling all of the holes on the roster, and #3 RB was a hole.

You could be the right guy, in the right place, at the right time over here sweety pie ;)

Keep practicing this, you may eventually become entertaining.

I've had big questions about some moves we have made and the way these contracts have been structured. But this move is senseless. I'm seriously getting worried. This is an outstanding RB draft. We have 2 seasoned vets in Powell and Ivory. Why sign an aging RB coming off a major injury??

We NEED a young player at this position. Ajayi, Duke Johnson, even Josh Robinson as a late round pick. Why sign this guy?

I really wish we had brought in an expierienced GM.

can't help but to hate almost everything about this post.  i'm more upset that we decided to sign Powell over someone like Vereen or Spiller.  Powell isn't good, don't know what he's done to make everyone on every jet board i read think he's so great.  

ridley isn't a bad back.  he'll do well in a rotation with Ivory, who lets face it, is an injury waiting to happen. 

no one said we aren't going to draft a RB.  lets see what they do.

as for the GM, who did you want?  he didn't do enough for you bringing back Revis & Cro, getting a viable starting qb, getting a legit #1 QB and still having 6 draft picks? come on.

Considering the Jets have done  nothing but sign players to minimum contracts and little guaranteed money over the last week for the players they have signed, what makes you think they gave Ridley anything different?

So far you've intimated this move means the Jets won't draft a RB, and that the Jets will be in cap hell next off-season, you're posts on the Ridley signing is a joke.

Your whining is ignorant and a waste of time.

Those were great details on that contract Adam Schefter

Loading up for a Rivers trade

That would be amazing, imo.

We trade for Rivers, SD takes the #6 bundles it to move up with Tenn for the #2. 

Tennessee probably doesn't want to drop out of the top 8.

What I'm saying is this.

Also a load of crap.  The Jets have one pick in each round, there is a better chance players will get taken before  the Jets have a chance to, not because the Jets won't draft a RB because the signed Ridley.

This also doesn't mean the Jets should reach for a player in any round on a RB that doesn't have the proper value just to appease whining fans.

can't help but to hate almost everything about this post.  i'm more upset that we decided to sign Powell over someone like Vereen or Spiller.  Powell isn't good, don't know what he's done to make everyone on every jet board i read think he's so great.  

ridley isn't a bad back.  he'll do well in a rotation with Ivory, who lets face it, is an injury waiting to happen. 

as for the GM, who did you want?  he didn't do enough for you bringing back Revis & Cro, getting a viable starting qb, getting a legit #1 QB and still having 6 draft picks? come on.

What!?!?!?!?!?!

We have a legit #1 QB?????

Now that's news

Powell was a 1yr deal. Powell is nothing fancy but a reliable RB. I haven't seen anyone say he's great.

Archived