JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

I was deciding between him and Jordan Phillips for the Colts at the top of the round.  Never expected Davis to make it this far, I might have been tempted to take him along with Phillips had he remained on the board for two more picks.  I see them both as very similar players.  Both have pro bowl potential as 3-4 NTs, but have the athleticism to play in multiple spots on the DL.  Both guys also have questionable motors, which may be a reason they make it to day 2 of the draft later this month.

Thanks.  I tried to trade up for him but couldn't find anyone willing to move back.  Chiefs really missed Derrick Johnson when he went down last year -- Josh Mauga just couldn't cut it.  Not knowing what Johnson would do coming off of injury and entering the last year of his contract, I was hoping to get an ILB in the 2nd.  I liked Stephone Anthony and Dawson.  Was very happy to see Dawson fall to 49.

Dawson then Perriman.... Two very good ILB prospects. I doubt either make it to the end of round 2... especially Dawson.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lith and Broadway Jets are poopie heads....that is all.

Sorry, but given the Colts need at ILB and the availability of Perryman, I couldn't afford to take the chance that he would get by GB.  Besides I already traded back once and did not need the additional picks.  And I have been called much worse than a poopie head in the past.

Dawson then Perriman.... Two very good ILB prospects. I doubt either make it to the end of round 2... especially Dawson.

The issue with Dawson is not the talent -- its the off the field stuff.  If he grows up and comes to play every day (in practice and on Sundays) he could be the best ILB in this draft.  If not, it could be a wasted pick on a guy with all-pro talent but a UDFA head.

Sorry, but given the Colts need at ILB and the availability of Perryman, I couldn't afford to take the chance that he would get by GB.  Besides I already traded back once and did not need the additional picks.  And I have been called much worse than a poopie head in the past.

After you had turned me down I was really hoping Broadway would have accepted my offer because I just knew that was the player you were going to take.  I was set to swoop in and steal him out from under your nose.  :o)

After you had turned me down I was really hoping Broadway would have accepted my offer because I just knew that was the player you were going to take.  I was set to swoop in and steal him out from under your nose.  :o)

I was tempted to try to trade up for him, but I did not think that any of the teams picking ahead of me had a need at ILB.  Decided to wait it out and hoped nobody made a trade to grab him -- had you made the deal, I might have used stronger language than poopy-head.

Duke Johnson and Lacey together .... Awesome pick for Green Bay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is fun to pick for GB. I know they need help on defense, and i got them a beast ILB earlier. Arguably, I should have gone CB or DL with the pick, but i felt i was reaching if i did so. I would have taken Rollins had he not just been selected.

I switched over to offense, and thought of OL, and taking Cann, but they are so damn good over there on the line that i thought it was unnecessary.

I had TE in the back of my mind, and maybe i would have taken Walford if he was available. Since Richard Rodgers seems decent, there's no need to go crazy reaching for a TE.

At that point I checked up on Lacy. Turns out the dude is completely reliable...doesn't miss games, is awesome pass-catcher, etc. Starks is not a bad backup either. So, the RB position really did not require help.

What it came down to is how electrifying Johnson is. GB's success is predicated on scoring and dominating on Offense. I thought that it was a place where his value was certainly on point with the pick, so Johnson will contribute to demoralizing defenses that focus on Rodgers throwing downfield, kill tired defenses at the end of games, stand in if Lacy is injured and just provide long term stability.

It is fun to pick for GB.

I switched over to offense, and thought of OL, and taking Cann, but they are so damn good over there on the line that i thought it was unnecessary

Actually they hada lot of issues on that line the last two seasons. That's the area they need to improve. .. protecting their HOF QB. Rodgers was getting hammered for a while.

Just a reminder that Dcat will be unavailable for a few hours tonight.  Please send any trade confirmations or picks that you want made if you are going to be away for a while to me and to NYJetsVets91.  Thanks

It is fun to pick for GB. I know they need help on defense, and i got them a beast ILB earlier. Arguably, I should have gone CB or DL with the pick, but i felt i was reaching if i did so. I would have taken Rollins had he not just been selected.

I switched over to offense, and thought of OL, and taking Cann, but they are so damn good over there on the line that i thought it was unnecessary.

I had TE in the back of my mind, and maybe i would have taken Walford if he was available. Since Richard Rodgers seems decent, there's no need to go crazy reaching for a TE.

At that point I checked up on Lacy. Turns out the dude is completely reliable...doesn't miss games, is awesome pass-catcher, etc. Starks is not a bad backup either. So, the RB position really did not require help.

What it came down to is how electrifying Johnson is. GB's success is predicated on scoring and dominating on Offense. I thought that it was a place where his value was certainly on point with the pick, so Johnson will contribute to demoralizing defenses that focus on Rodgers throwing downfield, kill tired defenses at the end of games, stand in if Lacy is injured and just provide long term stability.

I probably would have stuck to the other side of the ball for GB (I had them in the last draft).  They lost two LBs (AJ Hawk and Brad Jones) and two CBs (Davon House and Tramon Williams).  I like Duke as a pass catching RB, which is a dimension they don't have, but to me it is a bit of a luxury pick when they have so many holes to fill on the other side of the ball.  

I do like the McKinney pick -- by putting Mckinney inside, it gives the Pack a chance to move Clay Matthews back outside where he really belongs.

Thought about trying to trade up with Washongton for Tomlinson, like his value there

Yeah. I was hoping Tomlinson would slide to TB. I reached for Marpet by a 1/2 round, but I traded my 4th to move back into the 1st.

Defenitely a need pick vs. BAP.

Tannenbaum  Bradway said the same thing in 2005 about TE Doug Jolley right after he sent Oakland our 1st rounder, the overall #26 pick, for him in exchange for their 2nd round pick, which Tannenbaum Bradway used to draft a fukkin' kicker.

Sorry.  Have no idea why that nightmare of a draft came to mind after reading your post.  I guess the concept of all of us having no clue what we are doing reminded me of Tannenbaum & Bradway.

Edit:  Bradway, not Tannenbaum.  But they were 2 peas in the same pod for the next 9 years.

That might be it - he's interesting but not "I want the Jets to draft him" interesting. Doens't seem like a good year for TEs.

----

Wanted Marpet with my third.

this thing has slowed to a crawl...

+1

I agree it is frustrating -- especially after we got off to such a good start.  I will give Villain 15 minutes and then go ahead and make a pick for him.  Still want to give the full 3 hours.

Lets all try to remember to send picks to Dcat, me or NYJetsVets if you are going to be unavailable for a while.  The draft is more fun when it moves at a decent pace and we have really slowed down over the last two days.  

---

Wanted Marpet with my third.

Yeah, I liked Marpet enough to reach a bit.

Marpet (6-foot-3 7/8, 307 pounds) ran a 4.98 40-yard dash, with an excellent unofficial 10-yard split of 1.74 seconds. Marpet also did 30 reps in bench press, which was tied for fifth among offensive linemen. His 7.33-second clocking in the three-cone drill was second-fastest among offensive linemen, as was his time of 4.47 in the 20-yard shuttle (he was second to Oregon tackle Jake Fisher in each drill).

I agree it is frustrating -- especially after we got off to such a good start.  I will give Villain 15 minutes and then go ahead and make a pick for him.  Still want to give the full 3 hours.

Lets all try to remember to send picks to Dcat, me or NYJetsVets if you are going to be unavailable for a while.  The draft is more fun when it moves at a decent pace and we have really slowed down over the last two days.  

Villain lives in Germany.  I think he is the same as I was in Milan - 6 hours ahead.  Pretty sure it is 430 am there.  

Villain lives in Germany.  I think he is the same as I was in Milan - 6 hours ahead.  Pretty sure it is 430 am there.  

I did not realize that.  Since it is just about 11 anyway, we can let him make his pick overnight and get moving again in the AM.  I will let Beerfish know that he should wait until Villain picks before making his pick.

From Friday morning to Monday morning, we are averaging 17 picks per day.  That's better than the last draft, but I'd still like to pick up the pace a bit during the week.  I'd like to target getting through round 3 by the end of the day today.  Lofty projection, but we can do it if we try.

Well..... we fell a weeee bit short of our goal today.

Outtasight- Now that you've got your guy..  and you didn't need to trade up for him...  I think Tennessee is pretty committed to Mettenberger from everything I read before and what was reported yesterday.  Unless those statements were just a smokescreen.  

Through 4 days, we are averaging 16.5 picks per day.  That's not too bad.  From the drafts I have done in the past, 18-20 a day is about as good as you can hope for and in spite of a couple of delays yesterday and today, we are not too far off of that.

Outtasight- Now that you've got your guy..  and you didn't need to trade up for him...  I think Tennessee is pretty committed to Mettenberger from everything I read before and what was reported yesterday.  Unless those statements were just a smokescreen.  

If they don't take Marriota, I doubt they would take Petty later on. Might effect ZM's development and screw with the mentality of the fan base.

If they don't take Marriota, I doubt they would take Petty later on. Might effect ZM's development and screw with the mentality of the fan base.

Unless they just don't like Mariota, and if they are not sold on Mettenberger -- in which case they probably trade down and could look to pick up one of the next tier guys in the 3rd.

I have wondered if there was a way to set up a draft with a round a day and assigned times for the picks.  I guess it is good for the board to have us all here or checking in, but to be honest it can be kind of a bitch for me.  I am driving back and forth to NY, working on a house, selling another, dealing with work, etc.  If I had a general idea when to check it things might be easier.  I used to think it would be better when I was in Italy, cause it is a pain waiting up to make your pick when you are 6 hours ahead. 

I have wondered if there was a way to set up a draft with a round a day and assigned times for the picks.  I guess it is good for the board to have us all here or checking in, but to be honest it can be kind of a bitch for me.  I am driving back and forth to NY, working on a house, selling another, dealing with work, etc.  If I had a general idea when to check it things might be easier.  I used to think it would be better when I was in Italy, cause it is a pain waiting up to make your pick when you are 6 hours ahead. 

If you have the Tapatalk mobile app on your phone, you can follow the selection thread and get an alert every time a pick is made.  Makes it a lot easier to monitor the draft and there is no need to keep checking in to see what progress has been made.

Archived