JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

My 3rd and 4th picks are my favorite. Don't understand how Prewitt almost made it to the 4th.

I think a lot of people con't look past Holliman's interception total.  I think Prewitt is the better player -- I would take him and Damarious Randall well ahead of Holliman.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NE's draft:

1.32 Marcus Peters Washington CB

3.13 Grady Jarrett Clemson DT

3.32 Josh Shaw Southern California CB

3.33 Marcus Hardison Arizona State DT

4.02 Josue Matias Florida State OG

4.16 Javorius Allen Southern California RB

4.32 Shaquille Mason Georgia Tech C

6.02 Jake Ryan Michigan OLB

7.02 Alani Fua Brigham Young OLB

7.36 Marcus Rush Michigan State OLB

49'ers draft

1.15 Malcom Brown Texas DT

2.14 Stephone Anthony Clemson ILB

3.15 Ronald Darby Florida State CB

4.27 Mitch Morse Missouri OG

4.23 Tony Lippett Michigan State WR

5.15 Xavier Williams Northern Iowa DT

6.14 Leterrius Walton Central Michigan DT

7.29 Dominique Brown Louisville RB

7.37 Tayo Fabuluje TCU OG

Patriots Draft: Went heavy on CB that can play Zone and DT that have some Pass rush and lateral quickness. Don't know if the pats want Connolly back so I went heavy on interior oline both of who are superior run blockers but need some work in pass blocking.    

Marcus Peters and Josh Shaw are both 6-1 and 200 lbs and have played man off zone and press

Jarret and Hardison and play the 1 and the 3 in pass rush, 

Ryan, Fua and Rush are 3 Lbs that can play the pass as well as the run, With losing Casslias and Ayers I had to dip a few times.

With SF I went heavy on the dline, they lost Sapapoga, Francuois,Justin Smith and McDonald since they went to the SB

Malcom Brown and Walton I see as 3-4 DEs and Williams as a nose.

Anthony I think will be a good fit to replace Willis/Borland in the middle

I can see Mitch Morse starting in place of Iupati

Lippett is a tough WR that will be a good #3 and can step in when Boldin hangs it up

Darby, will replace one of the departed Cox  and Culliver

255th pick before we ran into anyone that was not in the CBS Top 750.  Was hoping to get through teh whole draft without having to add anyone, and then I go an pick a guy who was not on the list.  Darryl Roberts, CB out of Marshall.

Colts draft:

2.02 Jordan Phillips Oklahoma DT

2.29 Denzel Perryman Miami (Fla.) ILB

3.29 Hroniss Grasu Oregon C

4.06 Rob Havenstein Wisconsin OT

4.29 Kurtis Drummond Michigan State FS

5.29 Craig Mager Texas State CB

6.08 Matt Jones Florida RB

7.27 Devante Davis UNLV WR

7.38 Darryl Roberts Marshall CB

I think a lot of people con't look past Holliman's interception total.  I think Prewitt is the better player -- I would take him and Damarious Randall well ahead of Holliman.

I think Prewitt is definitely better, but I'm not sure about Randall. If you follow Joe Goodberry on twitter, he does a really good job of looking at film and ranking players, and he's not high on him. I don't personally have an opinion on him but I trust Goodberry's take. Watched a few of the gifs he posted and it really seemed he's lousy at coverage. Holliman definitely has the better hands though lol, true ball hawk

Colts draft:

Nice draft

Colts draft:

Nice draft

Thanks.  I wanted to get players who could step in and play immediately and make the Colts better in 2015 - especially with the first 3 picks.  Until I started doing this for the Colts, I didn't realize how many holes there are on the Colts roster.  OL, DL, ILB, FS were all badly in need of improvement.  The roster at other spots is filled with aging veterans. Gore, Andre Johnson, Mathis, Cole, Herremans, Mike Adams are all well into there 30s.  They have needs at almost every position except QB.

1st round I was hoping either Erving or Kendricks would make it to 29, but they were both gone well before then.  Next up was Goldman, but when he went with the pick before me, I decided to try to move back, hoping to get either Armstead, Phillips or Carl Davis.  Traded back and was still able to grab Phillips -- all pro potential, but questionable motor.  Not thrilled with this pick. but I didn't really like any other options and I think he would start immediately on the Colts DL.  Next two were no brainers when Perryman and Grasu fell to the Colts late 2nd and 3rd - BPA at a position of need.  4th round, I wanted to use the extra pick I got to take Derron Smith.   Traded up a few slots to take him, but Booz screwed up that plan when he took him for the Jets.

I like the upside of some of the late rounders -- I think Matt Jones is underrated.  Did not emerge as Gators starter until well into the season - less than 300 carries in his college career, which I see as a plus coming into the NFL with a lot of tread left on the tires.  I really like Mager and Devante Davis.  Davis has a lot of tools and will likely sit on a practice squad for a year or two - great hands, wins contested balls in traffic, but does not run routes very well.  Mager should contribute in dime and specials.  Don't know much about Roberts who I took in the 7th -- he has shown up recently with a pretty good rating on a couple of sites.

Thanks.  I wanted to get players who could step in and play immediately and make the Colts better in 2015 - especially with the first 3 picks.  Until I started doing this for the Colts, I didn't realize how many holes there are on the Colts roster.  OL, DL, ILB, FS were all badly in need of improvement.  The roster at other spots is filled with aging veterans. Gore, Andre Johnson, Mathis, Cole, Herremans, Mike Adams are all well into there 30s.  They have needs at almost every position except QB.

1st round I was hoping either Erving or Kendricks would make it to 29, but they were both gone well before then.  Next up was Goldman, but when he went with the pick before me, I decided to try to move back, hoping to get either Armstead, Phillips or Carl Davis.  Traded back and was still able to grab Phillips -- all pro potential, but questionable motor.  Not thrilled with this pick. but I didn't really like any other options and I think he would start immediately on the Colts DL.  Next two were no brainers when Perryman and Grasu fell to the Colts late 2nd and 3rd - BPA at a position of need.  4th round, I wanted to use the extra pick I got to take Derron Smith.   Traded up a few slots to take him, but Booz screwed up that plan when he took him for the Jets.

I like the upside of some of the late rounders -- I think Matt Jones is underrated.  Did not emerge as Gators starter until well into the season - less than 300 carries in his college career, which I see as a plus coming into the NFL with a lot of tread left on the tires.  I really like Mager and Devante Davis.  Davis has a lot of tools and will likely sit on a practice squad for a year or two - great hands, wins contested balls in traffic, but does not run routes very well.  Mager should contribute in dime and specials.  Don't know much about Roberts who I took in the 7th -- he has shown up recently with a pretty good rating on a couple of sites.

So, in hindsight, would you have still traded down out of the 1st round? Did you get enough value from getting Phillips over who you might have selected @ 1.29, the additional pick of Havenstein and the higher 6th rd. selection of RB Jones to justify the trade down?

Just curious? I'm still debating whether getting Armstead was worth the loss of the 4th rd. pick (waiting 97 selections between my 3rd and 5th was torture) and the lower 6th. Really enjoyed this mock. Having 2 teams close together in draft selection certainly helped my schedule.

What do you all think of Denver's draft?

Broncos' mock:

1.28 T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh, OT

2.27 Carl Davis, Iowa, DT

3.28 Garrett Grayson, Colorado State, QB

4.34 Dezmin Lewis, Central Arkansas, WR

5.07 Blake Bell, Oklahoma, TE

5.28 Adrian Amos, Penn State, FS

6.27 Corey Crawford, Clemson, DE

7.33 Max Garcia, Florida, C

7.34 John Crockett, North Dakota State, RB 

7.35 Kyshoen Jarrett, Virginia Tech, SS

So, in hindsight, would you have still traded down out of the 1st round? Did you get enough value from getting Phillips over who you might have selected @ 1.29, the additional pick of Havenstein and the higher 6th rd. selection of RB Jones to justify the trade down?

Just curious? I'm still debating whether getting Armstead was worth the loss of the 4th rd. pick (waiting 97 selections between my 3rd and 5th was torture) and the lower 6th. Really enjoyed this mock. Having 2 teams close together in draft selection certainly helped my schedule.

Yes, I am still happy that I traded down.  In hindsight I should have tried to trade back again in 2 since both Carl Davis an Phillips were still on the board.  I was not thrilled with any of the options and I like the flexibility that a guy like Phillips can give you, he has the size to play the 1 technique and the athleticism to play the 5.  Armstead is a pure 5 technique -- but without the Phillips red flags -- back surgery & questions about his motor.  Both are good picks with upside-- Armstead is safer, Philips offers more flexibility.

Would have been a home run for me had I gotten Derron Smith in the 4th, but you ruined that, Booz.  As it is I got a potential replacement for Gosder Cherilous in the 4th (Havenstein) and a potential replacement for Frank Gore in the 6th (Matt Jones).  I like Matt Jones more than most on these boards -  big strong runner, good quickness, can make plays as a receiver, just lacks high end speed.  I think he has a chance to be a solid feature back at the next level and he is the guy I targeted late in the draft.  

The trade I would like to have back is the one in the 4th where I moved up for Smith but he came off the board.  If it weren't for a meeting at work, I would have waited until after you picked and would not have done the trade.

Broncos' mock:

Looks like you were thinking long term with your picks.

TJ Clemmings is a prospect that I really don't know what to make of.  Poor showing at the senior bowl, but only 2 years at his position.  He may need a little time to develop, but should be able to play for a long time in this league - whether he pans out as G or LT remains to be seen.  I don't take him there, but most would probably disagree with me.  Honestly, I don't know what to make of this whole class at tackle - I am probably in the minority, but I don't think its a great class of potential first rounders.  Heck, I took La'el Collins for the Chiefs at 18, and he may project better as a G than a tackle.  Not sure what Clemmings will give a team in 2015.

I love the Carl Davis pick he is great value at the end of round 2 and I think Grayson is the 3rd best QB in the draft -- sit him for a year or two behind Peyton and you have your next QB and I am a Corey Crawford fan -- I think he is solid value in the 6th. Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets take a shot at Grayson in 3 (assuming we miss out on Mariota).  Late 5 is about where I would expect Amos to go in a weak Safety class.  Don't know much about your 7s.

TJ Clemmings is a prospect that I really don't know what to make of.  Poor showing at the senior bowl, but only 2 years at his position.  He may need a little time to develop, but should be able to play for a long time in this league - whether he pans out as G or LT remains to be seen.  I don't take him there, but most would probably disagree with me.  Honestly, I don't know what to make of this whole class at tackle - I am probably in the minority, but I don't think its a great class of potential first rounders.  Heck, I took La'el Collins for the Chiefs at 18, and he may project better as a G than a tackle.  Not sure what Clemmings will give a team in 2015.

I love the Carl Davis pick he is great value at the end of round 2 and I think Grayson is the 3rd best QB in the draft -- sit him for a year or two behind Peyton and you have your next QB and I am a Corey Crawford fan -- I think he is solid value in the 6th. Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets take a shot at Grayson in 3 (assuming we miss out on Mariota).  Late 5 is about where I would expect Amos to go in a weak Safety class.  Don't know much about your 7s.

thanks..   I think it is a pretty solid OT class.  I love Flowers, chose him for the Steelers, think he's the best choice, even over Peat & Collins.  Ran to the podium with Carl Davis and he fills a need in Denver to boot.  I didn't think Grayson would last to 4.34, so I grabbed him in the 3rd.  Probably should have tried to trade back. He played his college ball about an hour away from Denver and I like Mannion almost as much.. so a bit of a reach there perhaps. 

I like Blake Bell as a TE prospect.  He was a QB who converted to TE last year and has very little experience.  He's got the size and smarts and may turn out to be NFL quality starter down the road.  He's one of my favorite picks of this Broncos mock.  I feel similarly about Amos, whose highlight clips were intriguing.   Both have terrific upside.  

Broncos' mock:

Adrian Amos is one of my Binkies,  Clemings as a RT is a good pick,  Davis fills in for Knighton, Grayson fits nice if Peyton stays on Oswiller like Mallet will move on.  Desmin Lewis will be a fine 3, but they no longer have a slot. I rather have sanders on the outside, I think Manning will kill him on crossing routes.  But there were no slots where you were picking.  A little early for Bell, Garcia in the 7th is great.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I love Iowa linemen(OL & DL) I think they are always so well instructed in how to play the game... so good pick with Davis at the end of the 2nd.

Would like also to see the Jets get Grayson in the 3rd as I like him over Petty and I think Marriota will be off the board before Jets pick...

at least I hope so.

Final pick is in!

Arizona's draft:

1.24 Eric Kendricks UCLA ILB

2.23 Tevin Coleman Indiana RB

3.22 Senquez Golson Ole Miss CB

4.24 Markus Golden Missouri OLB

5.23 Vince Mayle Washington State WR

6.22 Joey Mbu Houston DT

7.24 DeAndre Smelter Georgia Tech WR

7.39 Mario Alford West Virginia WR

The beauty of the real draft is all 32 GM's are in the building, ready for trade offers.

In the JN Draft, hard to trade when your pick comes up and want to trade down or you want to move up.

I now see why some of our JN GM's trade before the draft even began!

Other than that, very informative.

Archived