JN Mock Draft 2.0 - Discussion

Dcat

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the intention is not to use Erving as a Center but I didnt understand the Saints drafting a Center when they received Max Unger from the Seahawks as part of the Jimmy Graham trade. Erving did play all 5 positions from what I've heard at least.

Unger was a great get in that trade. High quality center, should last a while in the league...One of those small clues that Brees trade rumors were way off.

Erving is Unger-esque, should be a C. I know this because I just made that up.

Andrus Peat went to Jax.  I was torn between Peat and La'el Collins to the Chiefs at 18.  I knew I wanted to go get a tackle that could play immediately since Eric Fisher has been a disappointment and aside from him they have a bunch of journeymen tackles, most of whose contracts are up after 2015.  I think he is more ready to step in and play and he could contribute at guard this season if needed and slide over to tackle next year.

I think Peat probably has the bigger upside and is a better pass blocker.  I believe he is still only 20 and is likely to add strength once he gets to an NFL camp.  If his upper body fills out and catches up with that huge lower body and he retains his quickness - he has a really high ceiling.

I chose Collins because I think he is a better fit in KC -- I think he is a better run blocker, will contribute more in 2015 and will fit better in the Chiefs offense.

This is tortuously long....thought first couple rounds would go fast.

Re the mariota trade to Philly...the closer we get to the draft, the more I believe chip Kelly might try and pull this off. Shoot, he's already gone bat-sh*t crazy putting his stamp on the franchise, might as well go the whole nine yards.

First round is gonna be exciting....unlike this one.

Re the mariota trade to Philly...the closer we get to the draft, the more I believe chip Kelly might try and pull this off. Shoot, he's already gone bat-sh*t crazy putting his stamp on the franchise, might as well go the whole nine yards.

Approximately 24 picks in 24 hours.

At this rate we will be done in 10 days. Our last 4 round draft went 12days(that's torture!)

18 - 20 picks a day is about the best you can hope for.  It will take close to 2 weeks to get through the whole thing.  By the way, you are on the clock.

Dude were you in the last draft. My God, every round took like 3 days LOL

the philly trade was silly.  no way you move up that high from so far back so cheap.  the draft chart gets thrown out the window at the top of the draft

why would you let a GM trade with himself ?

the philly trade was silly.  no way you move up that high from so far back so cheap.  the draft chart gets thrown out the window at the top of the draft

why would you let a GM trade with himself ?

It was a desperation trade and they were different GMs. We don't allow people with two teams to trade with themselves. He picked Mariota on the hope he would get more ona subsequent trade. He got what he got. Took a chance and didn't pay off. Such is life.

It was a desperation trade and they were different GMs. We don't allow people with two teams to trade with themselves. He picked Mariota on the hope he would get more ona subsequent trade. He got what he got. Took a chance and didn't pay off. Such is life.

In your format, it's probably fairly realistic for the purposes of this draft. In the real world, it would be those picks this year plus a player and/or future picks.

So coming in I really had no inclination of taking a safety.  Flowers was a lot higher than Humphries or Clemmings and Gettleman (Carolinas GM) has talked as if they're happy with Oher at LT.  I just feel like a good enough tackle could be there in round 2 or 3.

Don't believe in Perriman, though WR is the other big need and there will be talent there in round 2 as well.

In your format, it's probably fairly realistic for the purposes of this draft. In the real world, it would be those picks this year plus a player and/or future picks.

That is correct. In fact, that's why Chip Kelly traded Foles for Bradford. Bradford is trade bait for Philly to move up to get Mariota. Moreso than Foles would have been. Eagles guaranteed almost $6 million to Sanchez. Do you really think they intend to pay Bradford his non guaranteed $13 million also? Bradford is trsde bait and Sanchez will likely be the Philly starter for most or all of 2015. Big gamble by Kelly.

That is correct. In fact, that's why Chip Kelly traded Foles for Bradford. Bradford is trade bait for Philly to move up to get Mariota. Moreso than Foles would have been. Eagles guaranteed almost $6 million to Sanchez. Do you really think they intend to pay Bradford his non guaranteed $13 million also? Bradford is trsde bait and Sanchez will likely be the Philly starter for most or all of 2015. Big gamble by Kelly.

What makes this a bigger risk is that Bradford is on the last year of his contract -- and my most accounts wants to get to free agency.  Not sure anyone is going to give up a 1st rounder for Bradford unless they think they can sign him to an extension.  Going to be very interesting to see how this thing plays out.  

I was in Philly this week and the rumor on their sports radio station is that Eagles are talking with Cleveland about a deal involving Bradford, Manziel and picks.  Sounds like Eagle fans are beginning to turn on Chip.  

What makes this a bigger risk is that Bradford is on the last year of his contract -- and my most accounts wants to get to free agency.  Not sure anyone is going to give up a 1st rounder for Bradford unless they think they can sign him to an extension.  Going to be very interesting to see how this thing plays out.  

I was in Philly this week and the rumor on their sports radio station is that Eagles are talking with Cleveland about a deal involving Bradford, Manziel and picks.  Sounds like Eagle fans are beginning to turn on Chip.  

Lith, the next time you're in Philly give me a call. We could do lunch or dinner depending on your schedule. I'm 90 minutes away.

Chip is playing a high stakes game of poker right now. As much as he denies it, he is dying to get "his guy" running that offense.

Philly doesn't have a lot of Ammo to get to top 5 pick unless Cleveland gives them the 2 # 1 picks

your offer was fine.  I didn't see it until after I picked unfortunately.  Probably would have done it.

Yeah, sorry about that. Only saw your posting until a few minutes before you picked. By the time I put a deal together and sent it off you were just about to hit the send button w/ your pick.

Would everyone please try to remember that trades require separate confirmations from BOTH parties?

Thank you in advance.  (Brick.. please send me your confirmation before Beerfish picks) in slot 30

Traded up for DT Armstead. Didn't think he'd make it 5 more spots. Drop off in talent after him.

He's raw, but at 6'7" and 292 he can carry another 20 lbs. easily.

TB 27th and 25th in rushing and passing Defense. Was looking to go OL but Dcat took the last 1st rd. OT -34ddd6ba98d4493e.jpg

Archived