do the jets actually rank among the NFL's worst-drafting teams ? ? ?

kelly

JOJOTOWNSELL, on 16 Apr 2015 - 3:19 PM, said:

When these articles come out why is the bowling ball with butcher knives never mentioned?

some things just go without saying...

:character0181: 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's tough finding that franchise QB. A lot of it is just luck, such as being the worst team in the right year. If we go 1-15 in 97 instead of 96, then we take Peyton. I know Archie asked Parcells to guarantee he'd take him before making the decision if he would leave after his junior season, but I think Peyton wanted to stay for his senior season regardless.

The year we had the top pick it was Keyshawn then Orlando Pace (when we traded back for Farrior), if a Peyton or Luck was the concensus top pick that year they'd of been Jets instead. Picking O'Brien over Marino is one instance where they plain out just F'd up.

I know you have your occasional mid round guy like a Russell Wilson, or the rare exception like Brady, but more often that not you find your guy in the top 10-15 spots in the draft.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

No we don't the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years that's why he didn't want Manning in 97.. He's not going to use the top pick in the draft on a rookie QB.. Look Peytons Mom said he was waiting to hear something before spring practice started and he didn't that's why he went back.. You guys can't get it through your heads the Tuna was not going to be the HC long that's why he would have always went for a Vet like Vinny over a rookie.. The Tuna hated rookie players..LOL Especially QB's..

No we don't the Tuna said he would coach for 3 years that's why he didn't want Manning in 97.. He's not going to use the top pick in the draft on a rookie QB.. Look Peytons Mom said he was waiting to hear something before spring practice started and he didn't that's why he went back.. You guys can't get it through your heads the Tuna was not going to be the HC long that's why he would have always went for a Vet like Vinny over a rookie.. The Tuna hated rookie players..LOL Especially QB's..

Yeah I didn't mean each specific situation or reason why we wouldn't of drafted Peyton, just saying it's so rare to get the chance to draft a guy like Peyton or Luck, you can't just rely on sucking, you need to suck the right year and have luck too.

Parcells not wanting to deal with rookie QBS and willing to pass on a guy like Peyton is the extremely rare situation. You're not going to find a coach as good as Parcells that can turn around your team as quick as he can often, and when you do its even more rare he's only in it the short term. I can't blame the Jets for wanting Parcells, he was THE GUY to turn your half ass team around, and I can't blame Parcells for not wanting a rookie QB given his circumstances and how long he planned on coaching the team. Hell if a few bounces go our way in Denver in 98, then we go on to Atlanta and are eventual SB Champs, so I'll take that shot any chance I can get. It's just really unfortunate that it happened to fall under the same time we had that rare chance to get an elite franchise QB and we were in that extremely rare circumstance where our team wasn't interested (or our coach to be more specific).

Yeah I didn't mean each specific situation or reason why we wouldn't of drafted Peyton, just saying it's so rare to get the chance to draft a guy like Peyton or Luck, you can't just rely on sucking, you need to suck the right year and have luck too.

Parcells not wanting to deal with rookie QBS and willing to pass on a guy like Peyton is the extremely rare situation. You're not going to find a coach as good as Parcells that can turn around your team as quick as he can often, and when you do its even more rare he's only in it the short term. I can't blame the Jets for wanting Parcells, he was THE GUY to turn your half ass team around, and I can't blame Parcells for not wanting a rookie QB given his circumstances and how long he planned on coaching the team. Hell if a few bounces go our way in Denver in 98, then we go on to Atlanta and are eventual SB Champs, so I'll take that shot any chance I can get. It's just really unfortunate that it happened to fall under the same time we had that rare chance to get an elite franchise QB and we were in that extremely rare circumstance where our team wasn't interested (or our coach to be more specific).

as I mentioned  before..

parcells the COACH.. Luv him !...parcells the GM.... not so much     :fighting0093:

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

I hate this sh*t.

Here's the deal: The Jets are not the worst franchise in the league. Not even close. Haven't been for a very long time now. We are, however, forever stuck in the middle. And that's worse than being the worst, because all it ensures is solidifying your position, because you're never good enough to be good enough, and never bad enough to be bad enough. We had an opportunity to go 1-15 this past year and for no reason whatsoever decided to go 4-12. It's reasons like that why we forever suck at being good or even being bad. And it's why Woody is a moron to the billionth degree.

Hooray, we're not the Redskins. Big ******* deal. Aim higher people.

When we had a guy leading us that made winning 8 games sound like he won the superbowl it was bad. 

When we had a guy leading us that made last years Miami and Tenn games our superbowl after only winning 2 games all season it was worse. 

When we had a GM that literally screwed up the vast majority of all of our draft picks it was the nail in the coffin. 

We surely are in the bottom tier of the NFL until proven otherwise. We need some good drafting and good coaching badly. 

The Great thing about the NFL is it only takes a 1-2 good draft picks to completely change your culture. Teams go from worst to first all the time. We can escalate extremely quickly. 

"  do the jets actually rank among the NFL's worst-drafting teams ? ? ?  "..

...not THIS year   :winking0001:

~ ~ 2015 NFL Draft: Quick-snap grades for AFC teams

• By Bryan Fischer
  • College Football 24/7 writer
  • Published: May 2, 2015 at 01:10 a.m.

With the first three rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft in the books, here are CFB 24/7's quick-snap grades for Days 1 and 2.

AFC East

~   New York Jets

Draft pick : DL Leonard Williams (No. 6 overall), WR Devin Smith (No. 37 overall), LB Lorenzo Mauldin (No. 82 overall)
Day 1 grade : A+
Day 2 grade : A-
Overall grade : A

The skinny : The new front office and head coach in New York landed the best player in the draft. That's a nice way to start your tenure even if Williams might not really be a true need for the Jets. That defense should be nasty for Todd Bowles, and Williams could provide some insurance in case Muhammad Wilkerson leaves as a free agent next season. Smith has plenty of speed and will help stretch the field for Geno Smith. Mauldin was a great value pick in the third round off the edge.

rest of above article :

>   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489141/article/2015-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-afc-teams

NFL draft round one winners and losers by Yahoo Sports Videos 2:45 mins

Yahoo Sports NFL analyst Shaun King recaps the first round, offering his winners, losers, surprises and best value left on the board entering day two.

> http://sports.yahoo.com/video/nfl-draft-round-one-winners-061426067.html

~ ~ tampa & us ( the jets )...r the winners !

Archived