NY Jets Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Option

flgreen

I like the fact our GM is relentlessly looking to improve the talent on the team.

QB being one of the more difficult positions to adequately fill

Never quite understood why Idzik was so against that thought.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said earlier in the thread, you almost have me convinced.   I would go for both of out 7's this year, and next year's 5th, or next year's 5th and Smith

Mike Glennon in a Chan Gailey spread offense with Chan's history with QB's? Add Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Amari Cooper (if we draft), Jeremy Kerley, Jace Amaro, Chris Ivory, and with our Oline which makes Tampa's Oline look like Junior Varsity. You will be giving a guy who rarely threw INT's with a top 3 worst oline in football a top 10 oline, a top 3 rushing attack and a top 3 WR corp. 

We could win the division, and it would be off to the races. 

With Mariota starting to move up draft boards after glowing reviews from Gruden and Mayock, I highly doubt he falls to 6.

I'd take a flyer on Glennon for a 4th.  His skill set seems to be similar to Vinny Testaverde.  Strong arm, stands tall in the pocket, no mobility.  There's a chance he pans out.

Mariota is gone by 6, no problem giving a 4th for Glennon I don't buy the rumor though. Hope I'm wrong

Actually in 2013 I think it was like 36 other guys, including a few back ups who got snaps due to injury

lol! and i'm sure there are a few RBs who completed some passes during gadget plays who looked better than Geno.

Then you do not have the ability to be happy. WTF is your problem with Big Mac? I think he has done a tremendous job so far and judging by the threads and posts on this site, MOST Jets fans agree.

I'm not most Jets fans. Most Jets fans think Tannenbaum is still the GM.

I don't like the contracts and the way they were structured with the guys over 30 who we signed. Including Revis. I was also really disappointed we didn't land foles.

And I'm pretty happy with my life, just not with our rookie GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Mike Glennon we're a Superbowl contender, and his salary is less than 1 million and he's 25 years old.

Whoa whoa whoa captain. I like Glennon too, and I'm not about to trash talk with a guy who kindly gave me a team in the next mock draft.

But pump the brakes. Glennon is all about potential. Rivers is a proven vet.

Whoa whoa whoa captain. I like Glennon too, and I'm not about to trash talk with a guy who kindly gave me a team in the next mock draft.

But pump the brakes. Glennon is all about potential. Rivers is a proven vet.

Phillip Rivers has been an MVP candidate for the past 5 years, but when have you ever seen Rivers win a game they HAD to win? Rivers is rarely in the playoffs dude. The last 6 years the Chargers have been in the playoffs how many times? And thats during what I will agree has been the prime of his career, but c'mon, what Jets fans do you know has ever felt butterflies in their stomach when we had to face the Chargers, honestly? Mike Glennon at least has the excuse of being a QB on one of 3 worst ran franchises in the NFL. I mean, outside of the Titans its pretty much a toss up that the Bucs as an organization have been just horrendous. Whats Rivers excuse? Now I'm not saying that we wouldn't be SB contenders if Rivers was here, I never even criticized Rivers in my response, but since we're on the subject please tell me, what has Rivers done to be traded for by the Jets? What has he done to give up top picks for, to then find a way to give him 20 times the amount of money that we would pay Glennon and is almost a decade older? His resume isn't impressive.

He's a very good QB, but in regards to what we would have to give up to get him, then pay?....no. 

Phillip Rivers has been an MVP candidate for the past 5 years, but when have you ever seen Rivers win a game they HAD to win? Rivers is rarely in the playoffs dude. The last 6 years the Chargers have been in the playoffs how many times? And thats during what I will agree has been the prime of his career, but c'mon, what Jets fans do you know has ever felt butterflies in their stomach when we had to face the Chargers, honestly? Mike Glennon at least has the excuse of being a QB on one of 3 worst ran franchises in the NFL. I mean, outside of the Titans its pretty much a toss up that the Bucs as an organization have been just horrendous. Whats Rivers excuse? Now I'm not saying that we wouldn't be SB contenders if Rivers was here, I never even criticized Rivers in my response, but since we're on the subject please tell me, what has Rivers done to be traded for by the Jets? What has he done to give up top picks for, to then find a way to give him 20 times the amount of money that we would pay Glennon and is almost a decade older? His resume isn't impressive.

He's a very good QB, but in regards to what we would have to give up to get him, then pay?....no. 

By rarely, do you mean 5 of his 9 years as a starter?  They were 9-7 two of the four years they didn't make it.  The guy has done pretty well in the playoffs too. They were in the playoffs 2 of the last 6 years and 9-7 two of the other years.  You want to go all W-L record on us in defense of Mike Glennon?  His excuse is fairly simple.  Norv ******* Turner.  Guy is a mook.

Also, it seems a bit hypocritical to start with "Phillip Rivers has been an MVP candidate for the past 5 years" and end with "His resume isn't impressive"

1. Norv Turner.

2. Marty Schottenheimer.

Those are two very legit excuses.

I do understand the cost argument but we do not have specifics on that as yet if there i any truth to these pre draft rumors. But giving up a mid round pick for Glennon would be a stretch.

If this Glennon thing is true I'd trade a 4th for him.  I'd rather a 5th or 6th but we don't have those.  Maybe we can do a 2016 4th and increase or decrease with playing time etc.  Glennon has showed promise and is better than Geno.  Glennon reminds me of a Drew Bledsoe type qb.  Big arm not mobile but athletic enough.  Plus the 2 to 1 td to int ratio I'd take my chances with him.  If we don't get Mariota who else can do that after him?  Bret Hundley needs to sit and won't help us this year and same goes for Petty and Grayson.  For a 4th I'd do it.

If this Glennon thing is true I'd trade a 4th for him.  I'd rather a 5th or 6th but we don't have those.  Maybe we can do a 2016 4th and increase or decrease with playing time etc.  Glennon has showed promise and is better than Geno.  Glennon reminds me of a Drew Bledsoe type qb.  Big arm not mobile but athletic enough.  Plus the 2 to 1 td to int ratio I'd take my chances with him.  If we don't get Mariota who else can do that after him?  Bret Hundley needs to sit and won't help us this year and same goes for Petty and Grayson.  For a 4th I'd do it.

I am okay with if for a 4th as well.  I would still keep Geno and let them battle it out.  If Glennon out performs him as everyone believes he will, cool.  If not, we have a young back up who will be ready to step in if/when Geno falters.  Meanwhile we have Fitz playing the mentor role.   Lets do it!

I am okay with if for a 4th as well.  I would still keep Geno and let them battle it out.  If Glennon out performs him as everyone believes he will, cool.  If not, we have a young back up who will be ready to step in if/when Geno falters.  Meanwhile we have Fitz playing the mentor role.   Lets do it!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah

photo-28685.jpg?_r=1428549956

lmao! nice.

My feelings on Mike Glennon is as strong as my feelings were on Alshon Jeffery when he was being drafted. Mike Glennon is a beast.

I agree. Adding Glennon would be awesome. The kid would be very happy to get out of Tampa.

No way in hell Geno comes from behind against Pittsburgh like Glennon did. Check out the 4th quarter of the Pitt-Tampa game from last year. Glennon has it in him to be great, IMO. A 4th rounder would be a great trade.

By rarely, do you mean 5 of his 9 years as a starter?  They were 9-7 two of the four years they didn't make it.  The guy has done pretty well in the playoffs too. They were in the playoffs 2 of the last 6 years and 9-7, kept out on tiebreakers two of the other years.  You want to go all W-L record on us in defense of Mike Glennon?  His excuse is fairly simple.  Norv ******* Turner.  Guy is a mook.

Well, you guys are pretty much no holds barred when it comes to the Glennon criticism. I didnt expect that Rivers would get the "Peyton Manning treatment" the moment I asked a legit question. It's always someone else's fault when it comes to the guys that are respected, but when it comes to guys that are on terrible teams then its basically a free-for-all. 

I was making a point in defense of a player I like. Thats kinda how it goes. 

Well, you guys are pretty much no holds barred when it comes to the Glennon criticism. I didnt expect that Rivers would get the "Peyton Manning treatment" the moment I asked a legit question. It's always someone else's fault when it comes to the guys that are respected, but when it comes to guys that are on terrible teams then its basically a free-for-all. 

I was making a point in defense of a player I like. Thats kinda how it goes. 

Okay Villian, you got me man; I'm on the Glennon bandwagon, lol. Only think is dude has neck like a giraffe.  Geez it is amazing he hasn't suffered from whiplash or something. 

1. Norv Turner.

2. Marty Schottenheimer.

Those are two very legit excuses.

I do understand the cost argument but we do not have specifics on that as yet if there i any truth to these pre draft rumors. But giving up a mid round pick for Glennon would be a stretch.

lol. 

I told you Dom, the Peyton Manning treatment is strong tonight. 

Archived