NY Jets Rumors: Mike Glennon Trade Option

flgreen

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you guys are pretty much no holds barred when it comes to the Glennon criticism. I didnt expect that Rivers would get the "Peyton Manning treatment" the moment I asked a legit question. It's always someone else's fault when it comes to the guys that are respected, but when it comes to guys that are on terrible teams then its basically a free-for-all. 

I was making a point in defense of a player I like. Thats kinda how it goes. 

No holds barred?  I didn't say one bad thing about the guy other than that if you are going to sing his praises, I wouldn't think you would want to use W-L record as a thing. 

Stick with age and salary. Those are valid reasons to prefer Glennon, 5-13 vs. 88-56? Not so much.  

If this Glennon thing is true I'd trade a 4th for him.  I'd rather a 5th or 6th but we don't have those.  Maybe we can do a 2016 4th and increase or decrease with playing time etc.  Glennon has showed promise and is better than Geno.  Glennon reminds me of a Drew Bledsoe type qb.  Big arm not mobile but athletic enough.  Plus the 2 to 1 td to int ratio I'd take my chances with him.  If we don't get Mariota who else can do that after him?  Bret Hundley needs to sit and won't help us this year and same goes for Petty and Grayson.  For a 4th I'd do it.

And you think that you're going to trade a 4th rounder for a guy who's showed promise and is better than Geno? I mean it could happen, but I doubt it. I'd rather keep Glennon as a back up if thats the case. The Bucs need get something worth while. Giving them a 3rd round pick could mean giving them a starter on the offensive line. Trading Mo Wilks along with a 4th rounder for Glennon and their 2nd could happen too. They would get one of the best starting DE's which is a need for them, in exchange for a 2nd round pick, and to even the trade they give us Glennon and we give them a 4th. 

No holds barred?  I didn't say one bad thing about the guy other than that if you are going to sing his praises, I wouldn't think you would want to use W-L record of 5-13 as a thing. 

Stick with age and salary. Those are valid reasons to prefer Glennon, 5-13 vs. 88-56? Not so much.  

Look at the highlighted part. "You want to go all W-L record on us in defense of Mike Glennon?". You said the word "us". So you weren't solely talking about yourself or your position, so thats the way I responded. Maybe you didnt mean what you wrote, but given what you wrote that was my response. You may not have said much on Glennon, but the rest of "us" have said a great deal. So in that regard, I dont really have to stick with anything that others feel is valid. You commented on a statement that I wrote to someone else then made it out as if I jumped out the window at your comment or something. 

You said "us", so I addressed "all of you". 

I agree. Adding Glennon would be awesome. The kid would be very happy to get out of Tampa.

No way in hell Geno comes from behind against Pittsburgh like Glennon did. Check out the 4th quarter of the Pitt-Tampa game from last year. Glennon has it in him to be great, IMO. A 4th rounder would be a great trade.

I agree. Mike Glennon has shown traits of being a guy that could do some really good things with a nice cast around him, preferably an offensive line and a defense that consist of more than just McCoy and Lavonte David. 

As a side note though, Lavonte David is a f'ing beast. 

Look at the highlighted part. "You want to go all W-L record on us in defense of Mike Glennon?". You said the word "us". So you weren't solely talking about yourself or your position, so thats the way I responded. Maybe you didnt mean what you wrote, but given what you wrote that was my response. You may not have said much on Glennon, but the rest of "us" have said a great deal. So in that regard, I dont really have to stick with anything that others feel is valid. You commented on a statement that I wrote to someone else then made it out as if I jumped out the window at your comment or something. 

You said "us", so I addressed "all of you". 

I meant what I wrote.  What I meant was the world in general.  You are Mike Glennon's foremost cheerleader. I'm sure you are on his agent's radar.  In all honesty I do not have a position on him other than his neck is ridiculousness personified.  The "us" in this case is me, the entire rest of JetNation, Jets fans everywhere and the entire Jets front office.  Hell, maybe you could have gotten Cleveland to pony up the 2nd last year.  FWIW, I have not heard any major detractors on Glennon other than some that don't think he is such a surefire upgrade.  You can probably count Lovie Smith in that batch.

I meant what I wrote.  What I meant was the world in general.  The are Mike Glennon's foremost cheerleader. I'm sure you are on his agent's radar.  In all honesty I do not have a position on him other than his neck is ridiculousness personified.  The "us" in this case is me, the entire rest of JetNation, Jets fans everywhere and the entire Jets front office.  Hell, maybe you could have gotten Cleveland to pony up the 2nd last year.  FWIW, I have not heard any major detractors on Glennon other than some that don't think he is such a surefire upgrade.  You can probably count Lovie Smith in that batch.

His neck is ridiculous though! lol. 

Glennon is currently an after thought, a back up to most. Im willing to bet that with Chan Gailey running this offense, Mike Glennon could win an AFCCG in a Jets uniform. Thats not hyperbole, I truly believe that. 

As you probably know by now, it excites me not to be on the same page with the majority. So for the fact that most dont look at Glennon in the same light only further solidifies my feeling that this guy is in fact what I see on tape. 

I meant what I wrote.  What I meant was the world in general.  The are Mike Glennon's foremost cheerleader. I'm sure you are on his agent's radar.  In all honesty I do not have a position on him other than his neck is ridiculousness personified.  The "us" in this case is me, the entire rest of JetNation, Jets fans everywhere and the entire Jets front office.  Hell, maybe you could have gotten Cleveland to pony up the 2nd last year.  FWIW, I have not heard any major detractors on Glennon other than some that don't think he is such a surefire upgrade.  You can probably count Lovie Smith in that batch.

I have to agree. I know we automatically assume he is an upgrade but I wonder how successful he would have been on the Jets the last two years.  Also I totally believe he was more "NFL ready" coming out of college than Geno was and that is why Geno should never have been starting in the first place.  So naturally he is going to perform better.  Geno did show some incremental progress in the last quarter of the season.  He now has better weapons around him, a better coaching staff; I think Geno will have improved quite a bit.  I still am open to adding Glennon to the mix for a 4th rounder (sorry that is has high as I am willing to go) and let them fight it out in training camp but I am not going to automatically assume he wins the job. 

His neck is ridiculous though! lol. 

Glennon is currently an after thought, a back up to most. Im willing to bet that with Chan Gailey running this offense, Mike Glennon could win an AFCCG in a Jets uniform. Thats not hyperbole, I truly believe that. 

As you probably know by now, it excites me not to be on the same page with the majority. So for the fact that most dont look at Glennon in the same light only further solidifies my feeling that this guy is in fact what I see on tape. 

So in terms of being tall enough to not get passes batted down, he's like Drew Brees. 

Drew Brees with a 6" longer neck.

So in terms of being tall enough to not get passes batted down, he's like Drew Brees. 

Drew Brees with a 6" longer neck.

If Glennon becomes a Jet, Jetfans will come to love that lanky ass neck of his. If Bowles is as good as I think he could be along with Gailey's ability with offenses and QB's I believe Glennon's talent in this system will have us in a Super Bowl before this decade is over. 

If Glennon becomes a Jet, Jetfans will come to love that lanky ass neck of his. If Bowles is as good as I think he could be along with Gailey's ability with offenses and QB's I believe Glennon's talent in this system will have us in a Super Bowl before this decade is over. 

I agree with this, I would truly be excited to see us get him, would be the most excited I will be in a very long time for Jets football.

I agree with this, I would truly be excited to see us get him, would be the most excited I will be in a very long time for Jets football.

I want it to happen just to see the tide gradually turn and watch how the naysayers suddenly become "supporters" lol. 

The Jets better not get Mike Glennon because if they do and If we even smell a Superbowl this site wont hear the end of it. lol

I want it to happen just to see the tide gradually turn and watch how the naysayers suddenly become "supporters" lol. 

The Jets better not get Mike Glennon because if they do and If we even smell a Superbowl this site wont hear the end of it. lol

Villian, serious question.  if Glennon has this much upside, why would the Bucs want to bring another QB in, and unload him.  They have spent two years with him

Villian, serious question. if Glennon has this much upside, why would the Bucs want to bring another QB in, and unload him. They have spent two years with him

Last year Lovie announced McCown as the starter around like this time of year. Glennon never had a shot. The games he has aged his numbers are pretty good.

JMO, but I think it's terrible mismanagement going on in Tampa. Do I think Glennon is Peyton? No. Do I think he's a legit starter? Yep.

According to Pro Football Talk, the Jets sent six scouts, coaches and execs to workout Marcus Mariota ahead of the draft and the team could consider trading up for the number two pick.

And I'll say it again, thank GOD we learned how to win against Tennessee and Miami. Otherwise we wouldn't be in a position to ******* do this.

And I'll say it again, thank GOD we learned how to win against Tennessee and Miami. Otherwise we wouldn't be in a position to ******* do this.

It's a smokescreen. I'll eat crow if the Jets move up for MM.

Villian, serious question.  if Glennon has this much upside, why would the Bucs want to bring another QB in, and unload him.  They have spent two years with him

I dont know the actual answer but I will definitely take a crack at it. 

The Bucs are trying to find that "Franchise QB" that they dont have to build around but will drag the team along to playoff appearances and possibly an NFCCG once or twice in a decade so they can call themselves "successful" (The NFC version of the Colts). 

I've said it plenty times that Mike Glennon isn't the problem with this team, and drafting Jameis Winston isn't going to fix the problem. 

As you can see from guys like Dom and JetsFanInDenver making a case that guys like Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner pretty much ruined Phillip Rivers ability to be successful. Now imagine you're a rookie being drafted by the Bucs and your head coach is Greg Schiano, a guy who went after a Mike Glennon, but given his interaction with Josh Freeman basically showed that he did not know how to handle that position. Schiano gets fired at the end of the season and then comes in Lovie Smith. Smith comes in with his hot shot backup Josh McCown and basically ruins what Glennon had solidified his rookie season. What made matters worst is that the new coach has no ties to him and obviously has no interest in investing in Glennon. By the end of the season Glennon outplayed McCown in his short opportunity and the McCown experiment went down the toiletbowl. This year? It looks like the same thing. Winston/Mariota will be drafted and Glennon will be wasting his time dealing with a coach/organization that does not understand that having 4 QB's in 4 years is not the QB's fault but the organizations indecisiveness. 

So my point is, the Bucs are trying to take the short cut to success and probably will end up with nothing. Hopefully the Jets can capitalize on the stupidity. 

The Bucs are trying to find that "Franchise QB" that they dont have to build around but will drag the team along to playoff appearances and possibly an NFCCG once or twice in a decade so they can call themselves "successful" (The NFC version of the Colts). 

I've said it plenty times that Mike Glennon isn't the problem with this team, and drafting Jameis Winston isn't going to fix the problem. 

As you can see from guys like Dom and JetsFanInDenver making a case that guys like Marty Schottenheimer and Norv Turner pretty much ruined Phillip Rivers ability to be successful. Now imagine you're a rookie being drafted by the Bucs and your head coach is Greg Schiano, a guy who went after a Mike Glennon, but given his interaction with Josh Freeman basically showed that he did not know how to handle that position. Schiano gets fired at the end of the season and then comes in Lovie Smith. Smith comes in with his hot shot backup Josh McCown and basically ruins what Glennon had solidified his rookie season. What made matters worst is that the new coach has no ties to him and obviously has no interest in investing in Glennon. By the end of the season Glennon outplayed McCown in his short opportunity and the McCown experiment went down the toiletbowl. This year? It looks like the same thing. Winston/Mariota will be drafted and Glennon will be wasting his time dealing with a coach/organization that does not understand that having 4 QB's in 4 years is not the QB's fault but the organizations indecisiveness. 

So my point is, the Bucs are trying to take the short cut to success and probably will end up with nothing. Hopefully the Jets can capitalize on the stupidity. 

You literally just made all of this up. Jesus man.

OK thanks.

Archived